Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says final reveal in July

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, he said so already. He will be handing out fobs at the end of unveil 3 to Tesla employees. If I understand correctly they have already configured their car with a disclaimer to not tell the public about the options/prices.

If you are one of the employees lucky enough to configure, please share the options and prices with us here. I think I speak for everyone here when I promise that if you do so, we will not share that information with anyone else. Promise!

Or you can PM me directly, and I will also not tell anyone...

RT

I've already seen it.

There is a blue one and a black one roaming the streets.

What else has to be revealed? I'm buying one anyway.

I want them to reveal one in my garage in July.

The interface. The screen interface has not been revealed yet, nor the steering wheel inputs, could have different buttons in the steering wheel that do different things than the S/X.
Also options and pricing.
Design is obviously not going to change, only some details could be adjusted.
Besides the options and pricing I'm also interested in hearing if they've improved charge time.

Reactions: alseTrick
I think lots of people were saying the same thing about Model X, but when they did the final reveal, it turned out that the mules spotted on the roads were pretty much what the final product looked like. They basically drove the Model X around with little to no camouflage.
This is because Musk wants the cars to look great even in camo. Since he didn't like the way the cars looked in camo, they just took out the camo.

When Elon said "you won't care", that points to something else - unknown - that will keep you from even caring;

e8d51097e4907bc1f3258ba368eb1697.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: tracksyde and labfm
Monday? Naw, I'm going to say Thursday, 27th. Would be Friday, but you have to have Friday be the day the stock doubles.

Anyway, this is a show in the dark prediction for how it will go down.

I'm going to guess this will be a combo final reveal and 1st deliver event. Musk will get on stage 3 minute late and give the usual spiel about sustainability and whatnot. 7 "randomly" selected Tesla employees will then be invited up to the stage(randomly, as in they won a drawing which may have already happened). These 7, along will top executives and managers will have already configured their cars sometime in May, but all those details will be kept under wraps until the reveal.

The 7 will be joined by reps from Tesla who will present each with a form to sign(all major paperwork was already done prior). Each will be handed their key, and will stand in front of a large curtain. The curtain will be raised revealing their cars. Lots of great shots of the 7 gushing over their new rides and all that. A few minutes later they get in their cars and drive them off-stage. Musk returns to the stage and introduces a video going through all the features of the car, revealing all options and everything like that.

The video ends and Musk says something like "and for those shorts who think these are some fake hand made cars and we won't produce any more for another year, we take you now to a live feed from Fremont, where cars are rolling of the line now." And they do just that. After the live feed, Musk invites the world to go to Tesla.com and configure a Model 3 for themselves(the website subsequently crashes 5 minutes later) Musk finished the night by thanking all the hard work by everyone and invites us all back to see the new semi in September.

Aye, and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon... ;)

As much as I would love your proposed scenario, recent events have led me to take a more realistic view. There's of course still hope.

Tesla's web site says "Production begins mid 2017" for the Model 3. For some reason I thought it used to imply later in 2017.
Has Tesla changed the wording which would certainly be a good sign they remain on schedule. Or is this just wishful thinking?:)

How will Model 3 reviews work?

Do Motor Trend, Car and Driver, Edmunds, etc. get the car in July with employees? When is the official "public" release, i.e. order instead of pre-order? Are they going to have to wait like everyone else?