Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says Model 3 will release first as highly optioned.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not so sure about the supercharger access fee. Elon has said that the M3 will come with supercharger access - maybe wishful thinking but I am hoping that price is already baked into the 35K. Plus, AP is only (LOL) $2500 extra on the model S, so I don't believe it would be more on the M3.

I'll add:

-Pano Roof ($1500)
-Dual Motors ($5000)

As I posted above, I'd be kinda bummed out about having to pay extra for a pano roof.

The A3 starts at $29,900 and comes with one.

There are some "luxuries" that should be standard on this car.

Rumors are still that the Model 3 AP will be set up like the MS....that is, all the HW is onboard on every car, you have the option ($2500) of activating it.

As I posted above, I'd be kinda bummed out about having to pay extra for a pano roof.

Rumors are still that the Model 3 AP will be set up like the MS....that is, all the HW is onboard on every car, you have the option ($2500) of activating it.

we just have to hope Elon doesn't take a page out of BMWs book (the competitor he has most mentioned). If he does, power seats, leather, navigation, sunroof, etc won't come on the base car. (A base 3-series is more barebones than a base Accord).

but the 85-battery is discontinued and I doubt it will be resurrected only for 3, I'm hoping 90 or even 100 (if they manage to get the size there).

The 85kWh battery was discontinued for the MS. Since the M3 battery is an entirely different form factor and chemistry, there's no reason it couldn't have an 85kWh battery. There's no relation to the MS battery just because it has the same number.

This is not a luxury car, it's supposed to have a base model that is just that....the base level that the average American needs for comfortable mid-tier transport. Same as a base Accord. Unfortunately, it seems like the first 200k units will be much more expensive than the base model and will burn through the entire federal tax credit allocation for the model. Not the end of the world I guess.

Just think about how fast that first 200k reservations will go, they should make it $10k nonrefundable and let the stock price zooooooooom when they still hit 200k in 1 day.

we just have to hope Elon doesn't take a page out of BMWs book (the competitor he has most mentioned). If he does, power seats, leather, navigation, sunroof, etc won't come on the base car. (A base 3-series is more barebones than a base Accord).

Yea, out of that list...Power driver's seat, leather and sunroof were standard on the A3....

and then I checked almost every box.....which I plan on doing this next time too.... :cool:

Just think about how fast that first 200k reservations will go, they should make it $10k nonrefundable and let the stock price zooooooooom when they still hit 200k in 1 day.

Just FYI, it's 200k total US cars sold, including MS and MX. Who knows how many M3 will qualify for the credit, but I'm sure that the credit will last through the first push of "highly optioned cars" to allow some lower optioned cars to get all or some of the remaining tax credits.

Also, that's not how stock prices work.

It's kind of hard to believe that anything that is a paid extra option on the Model S would be included on the Model 3. The Model S starts at $75,000 and the pano roof is a $1500 option. Prepare yourself to be disappointed.

It's kind of hard to believe that anything that is a paid extra option on the Model S would be included on the Model 3. The Model S starts at $75,000 and the pano roof is a $1500 option. Prepare yourself to be disappointed.

As long as I can check some boxes and have the Model 3 be reasonably close to what I'm in now, I'll be ok.

I'm not overly "green". I'm not doing this to save the world. I'm a tech nerd who likes gadgets and technology, and I work hard enough to drive something I like....so if the Model 3 becomes a glorified plug-in Civic, I'm out....

But if Elon adds some depth to the available options (leather, pano, sound, nav, battery pack/range, performance, etc etc etc), I'll buy one. I'm pretty sure there will be a wide range of Model 3's possible on the configuration website when it goes live.

As long as I can check some boxes and have the Model 3 be reasonably close to what I'm in now, I'll be ok.

I'm not overly "green". I'm not doing this to save the world. I'm a tech nerd who likes gadgets and technology, and I work hard enough to drive something I like....so if the Model 3 becomes a glorified plug-in Civic, I'm out....

But if Elon adds some depth to the available options (leather, pano, sound, nav, battery pack/range, performance, etc etc etc), I'll buy one. I'm pretty sure there will be a wide range of Model 3's possible on the configuration website when it goes live.

I think so too, I just wouldn't expect much to be standard. Tesla tends to follow more the BMW way of making everything an expensive extra option.

i hope so too. I wish I had bought an ELR instead of my Volt when I was buying. I couldn't get power seats in the Volt no matter how many boxes I checked. (They claim too much weight). Too bad Caddy was being stupid and priced the ELR at Tesla levels.

I think so too, I just wouldn't expect much to be standard. Tesla tends to follow more the BMW way of making everything an expensive extra option.

I can understand that to a point...but make it available. Don't limit the 3 to "econo-box" status, because the price range they're headed for now is the "sweet spot" that MB, BMW and Audi have been targeting with their newer, smaller models.

Get people in at a price point they can afford now....and should their situation improve, hopefully that brand loyalty carries into a Model S, X, or Y in the future.

Leather doesn't come standard in the Model S, why would it in the Model 3?

I'm one of those people who doesn't like leather. Not a vegan or anything, just don't like the feel of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Same thing goes for the pano roof. It doesn't come standard on the S, why would it come standard on the 3?