Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon showed up at my Model 3 delivery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plot twist, gigafactory is a giant marijuana growing facility.

The rabbit hole goes deeper my friend. Elon actually does ethereum giveaways. ;)

Huge synergies between eth mining and pot growing.

Solar panels and power walls power ethereum mining. Ethereum mining generates heat which is good for grow houses..

So I had my M3 delivered yesterday in Playa Vista. I was originally supposed to pick it up at the center in Marina Del Rey, but they said they could deliver to my apartment. Ok cool, so I show up and there is a giant trailer and about 5 people from Tesla there. Kind of odd....

They pull the car out of the trailer and we start the walk-through, and eventually I suggest that we jump in the car to check out the interior and the guy says....weellll let's wait on that, we have a surprise for you. Even more odd...

Then they pull another M3 out of the trailer, white on white, and say by the way that's Elon's configuration of the M3. Ok something is definitely going on.... So I quickly called my brother and sister in law to hurry up over because I had a sneaking suspicion EM was going to show up.

Sure enough, 20 minutes later, Elon himself drives up in a black S with his two kids and girlfriend in tow! They told me I was the first to receive their new delivery method with the car being sent to the owner's home directly from the factory. Got to chat with Elon for a bit and he explained the new delivery system (makes sense to me). I live in a big apartment complex so a crowd started to form with everyone taking pictures. He took off after maybe 20 minutes, but not before I got some pictures! Oh and he retweeted me that night to boot! Seriously?!?

Ridiculously awesome experience, what a way to cap 2.5 years of waiting!! Oh and the car is the best part, man what a fun ride. Had very little time to check out the car with all this going on!

View attachment 321672 View attachment 321671 View attachment 321674 View attachment 321676 View attachment 321678View attachment 321675

Elon Musk on Twitter
Bought our CPO Model S P85 a year ago. We live in NH and there no Tesla stores here. Bought the car at Tesla Store/Service Center in Dedham, MA. Because the store is not a dealership and we are out of state the car was delivered directly to out home in a trailer similar to yours. Rules are rules. Unfortunately Elon wasn't there. Just my wife, one of our 3 dogs and the driver. Was still a wonderful experience. Have put 23,000 miles on it and enjoy every minute of driving. Another bonus is meeting fellow Teslaites at superchargers. More and more Tesla's in New England every day. Enjoy your M3 and congratulations.

Bought our CPO Model S P85 a year ago. We live in NH and there no Tesla stores here. Bought the car at Tesla Store/Service Center in Dedham, MA. Because the store is not a dealership and we are out of state the car was delivered directly to out home in a trailer similar to yours. Rules are rules. Unfortunately Elon wasn't there. Just my wife, one of our 3 dogs and the driver. Was still a wonderful experience. Have put 23,000 miles on it and enjoy every minute of driving. Another bonus is meeting fellow Teslaites at superchargers. More and more Tesla's in New England every day. Enjoy your M3 and congratulations.

Back in 2012 when I ordered my first Model S they were doing home delivery, or delivery "to wherever makes you smile." Unfortunately my car wasn't ready for delivery until 2013 and by then they had stopped home delivery, even though it was promised throughout the ordering process. Nice that they are doing this again for the Model 3 (and other models in places far from delivery centers), but don't be surprised if they stop and make you go pick it up somewhere after making a big deal about promising to deliver it to you at your place of choice, as they did to us early adopters.