Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon: side repeater cameras will go full screen when using turn signal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

diplomat33

Average guy who loves autonomous vehicles
Aug 3, 2017
USA
"Tesla CEO Elon Musk has indicated that the side repeater cameras will now become fullscreen when the vehicle’s turn signal is activated.

The side repeater cameras give drivers increased awareness in blindspots without having to use the car’s side mirrors. Two small real-time videos of the vehicle’s surroundings display on a Tesla’s dash screen, along with a larger video of the rear bumper, providing a full 360-degree view of the car’s surroundings.

A tweet sent by @AusTeslaOwners on Twitter to Musk requested the side repeater cameras become full screen when the driver activates the turn signal. The camera that would enlarge to take up the entire dash screen would be the same camera that coincides with the turn signal indicator.

Musk simply responded, “Sure.”"

Tesla's side repeater cameras will be full-screen when signaling, Musk confirms

This is good news. I know this is a long requested feature. It should make blind spot detection a lot easier.

I hope you can disable this. Talk about distracting.

I hope so, I would not want that at ALL. I want to look at my mirror, and over my shoulder. Having the screen flash every time I put on my signal would make me want to look at IT instead of where I should be looking.

If they implement this, I truly hope it defaults to OFF, and has to be enabled by the owner for those of us who have zero interest in it. I am all for choice, so as long as they give me the ability to NOT use it, I am cool with it being there for those who want it. It better not be mandatory, though.

For me a welcomed addition. I was hoping the side cameras would be full screen selectable with the last update. They seem to small to me to be useful currently.

I'm sure it will be an option to toggle.

I'm not sure it's actually necessary as the rear camera has such a wide angle that a passing car can be next to you and still seen in the rear camera feed I use it all the time on the highway

Reactions: APotatoGod
For me a welcomed addition. I was hoping the side cameras would be full screen selectable with the last update. They seem to small to me to be useful currently.

I'm sure it will be an option to toggle.

I'm not sure it's actually necessary as the rear camera has such a wide angle that a passing car can be next to you and still seen in the rear camera feed I use it all the time on the highway

I'll display my ignorance here. How do you activate rear camera feed on the highway? Do you drive a Model 3?

I hope you can disable this. Talk about distracting.
Yes that would be nice for the people that would not want it to always show. Good to have selectable. I will want it all the time. I find that an accident by not looking at it, could be more distracting. :D

I wonder what took so long to come up with a feature like this? Of wait, I know...... Fart sounds more important :)