Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon: side repeater cameras will go full screen when using turn signal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope you can disable this. Talk about distracting.

Most likely not given that Tesla is moving away from side mirrors (Cybertruck, semi and Roadster). With the Cybertruck expected to launch late next year, Tesla has to start now showing that the lack of side mirrors will be safe and does not result in an accident. by early 2021 Tesla will get the green light to produce the Cybertruck as is with no design changes.

I just do not get it - when you turn left, you look left, not right to the screen. I really do not understand why it is so difficult to put a LED in the mirror and light it when there is a car in the blind spot. It is so convenient, so easy to consume. Instead, all this crap is "developed", red lines on the monitor, chime signal, etc. Chime is not even working reliably (working in 20% of the cases ?).

I have Honda Pilot with this crap as well. It shows blind spot on the entertainment screen. Total BS

In 2020 it is crazy...

I just do not get it - when you turn left, you look left, not right to the screen. I really do not understand why it is so difficult to put a LED in the mirror and light it when there is a car in the blind spot. It is so convenient, so easy to consume. Instead, all this crap is "developed", red lines on the monitor, chime signal, etc. Chime is not even working reliably (working in 20% of the cases ?).

I have Honda Pilot with this crap as well. It shows blind spot on the entertainment screen. Total BS

In 2020 it is crazy...

Tesla hates paying to license patented technology. It's as lean as it can be considering what it's up against. We look to towards the side view mirrors because that's where the mirrors were placed. We will look to the camera display without fuss once it's there.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I had this feature on my Honda Accord, and for me, it worked great. I have a total of 8 fusions in my spine, with three of them being in my cervical spine. So not having to twist my head to the left to look over my shoulder to make a lane change to the left was very much appreciated. Looking forward to having that option again in my Model 3.

But for every one person that likes this feature, there is going to be someone that doesn't. I hope Tesla makes this optional.