Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon signature home charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently just charge my car with the mobile charger when I'm at home (I don't want to bother my building manager with the complexity of installing a wall charger), but I found someone selling an unopened Elon- signature home charger for $430 nearby.

I don't think I'd honestly use it until I move some day in the future...but...are those considered rare? Valuable? Collectible? Is it worth buying even if I don't have an immediate need for it? Is it still just as capable as current chargers so that if I do install it one day it wouldn't be outdated?

I currently just charge my car with the mobile charger when I'm at home (I don't want to bother my building manager with the complexity of installing a wall charger), but I found someone selling an unopened Elon- signature home charger for $430 nearby.

I don't think I'd honestly use it until I move some day in the future...but...are those considered rare? Valuable? Collectible? Is it worth buying even if I don't have an immediate need for it? Is it still just as capable as current chargers so that if I do install it one day it wouldn't be outdated?

Go ahead and buy it :) we'll find out together I have a 2012 Model S Signature S85 every option Vin 162 I'm thinking it's a keeper but I don't know that it's ever going to be worth anything there are only about 458 that were manufactured not sure how many survived. Will it ever be worth anything who knows?

There aren't that many surviving Edsel's either. Rarity does not always mean monetary value.

The best thing you can do is buy it because you want it not because of some future resale, or hoping that it's going to be worth a ridiculous amount of money someday.

Last edited:
I don't think I'd honestly use it until I move some day in the future...but...are those considered rare? Valuable? Collectible?

Elon Signature Wall Connectors are not generally rare. But mine will be as soon as I mount it outside on a pedestal at our ski cabin in a PNW rainforest. Seriously, how many Elon Signature WC's do you think there are that are installed in the middle of a rainforest? It will be even better if a sasquatch brushes up against it and leaves some genuine sasquatch hair wedged in the seams! I can only imagine how much that might bring on an E-bay auction!

Last edited:
These seem to be laying around now ... I went to the Springfield NJ store on Feb. 17 to order an M3, and while I was there asked if they happened to have any chargers in stock (mostly to save myself the shipping time). They said yeah, no problem, we can sell you one now. Electrician installed it yesterday and sure enough, it was the 2nd gen matte black signature unit. It had just been sitting around the store for who knows how long!