Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweet: Model 3

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
I love my model s, but wouldn't mind a smaller, sportier vehicle. May put down a deposit and wait and see

Morristhecat

Jul 3, 2012
Burnaby, BC
Awesome! The timing should be just about right for replacing our 2nd car (an ICE) and becoming an all EV family. I hope there is a signature version, as this is one I would really like and will be affordable all tripped out.

Last edited:

FreeOfPge

May 12, 2013
CA
Nice to see Tesla shifting gears and putting all hands on deck for Model 3!

Edit: Although I do see that he didn't specify a year for the unveiling... so... yeah...

Last edited:

Park2670

Feb 17, 2013
Utah
In for this. I hope I can put down a reservation near the front since my Volt lease will be up in 2017. I can go one car for a few months, but don't want to be stuck without a car for a year.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
He already previously said March 2016.

I remembered because at the moment he said that I said, "Ok, so I need a check ready in March." Turns out I was right. :)

Tesla Motors (TSLA) Earnings Report: Q1 2015 Conference Call Transcript - Pg.11 - TheStreet
Elon Musk @ May 5 said:
We are having to show off the Model 3 in approximately March of next year. Again, don't super hold me to that month.
That's our aspiration. Then be in production with the Model 3 in the -- I'd like to say mid-, but probably closer to late 2017 timeframe. Late 2017 is probably more realistic.

So, calm down -- he's pinned the year already.

dhanson865

Feb 16, 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
So, calm down

I'm calm :)

I was just confused / surprised / dumbfounded.

I was trying to wrap my head around taking reservations 1.5 years ahead of the expected first car off the assembly line and wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mental error.

Nothing to see here, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. :)

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC