Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweet: Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, paying down a note on my current vehicle, there's nothing left to put aside. Knowing my impulsiveness, I'll probably put the Model 3 reservation on a 21-month 0% card. :) The only good thing about my financial health is the credit score, which is definitely a mere paycheck away from disaster.

I am vehemently opposed to leases and loans. Mostly because I don't like paying interest. If it were ordinary, everyday, straight, and honest, simple interest, I'd be good. But from my perspective amortized lending is the spawn of the devil.

Again, if you are unable to save at least 25% of your income if you want to... You are either not making enough money... Or you are spending far too much of it. Cut back, sacrifice, learn to live with what you have, and get what you want later.

... As I got older, more used to saving, I actually raised the limits gradually. From 3:1, to 4:1, to 8:1... Today, I would recommend not buying unless I have twelve times as much cash on hand.

~*ducks*~

I am absolutely no friend of loans myself. But I can accept that they are sometimes necessary, sometimes even sensible.
As for being able to save at least 25% of your income, I don't think the majority of people could do that. Especially as you are talking about 25% of your gross income (500 out of 2,000 in your example).
Don't forget that (at least over here) gross income is irrelevant, net income is what you can use as a basis. And considering that (over here) taxes and compulsory social security payments (healthcare, unemployment, eldercare, pension) take away on average about 50% of your gross income, that would mean that by saving 500 a month you would save 50% of your income (net), not 25. No average person can afford to save 50% of his/her net income per month. I mean even without having to pay for loans there is rent for your living accomodation, food and other everyday stuff, water, electricity, phone bills, insurance, etc. A large part of the population here are living in an income bracket where cutting back on expenses is the norm. There is a reason why disount stores like Aldi, Lidl etc. are so popular here (and have spread from here to many countries, even the US) and why food and other groceries are cheaper in Germany than almost anywhere in the world.

I believe Elon when he says the III is on track. He has to be. Imagine the financial fallout with having a gigafactory with no place to put the batteries.

- - - Updated - - -

Since I'm not a current Tesla automobile owner, but I am a Tesla stockholder. I hope that counts.

I believe Elon when he says the III is on track. He has to be. Imagine the financial fallout with having a gigafactory with no place to put the batteries.

- - - Updated - - -

Since I'm not a current Tesla automobile owner, but I am a Tesla stockholder. I hope that counts.

Well there can be some room for fudge factor as well. One only needs to look to the model X. Rushed design studio to meet the "by September" deadline. Farce launch event at the end of the month to satisfy criteria for the stock. December is just about here. No sig deliveries.

Elon said earlier in the year that they could have launched the X then, but wanted to get some things right. given how things have played out, I doubt that statement as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I suspect they could put as many batteries into powerpacks as they want. I'll believe a ship date for the Model 3 after seeing multiple confirming reports of cars received.

Well there can be some room for fudge factor as well. One only needs to look to the model X. Rushed design studio to meet the "by September" deadline. Farce launch event at the end of the month to satisfy criteria for the stock. December is just about here. No sig deliveries.

Elon said earlier in the year that they could have launched the X then, but wanted to get some things right. given how things have played out, I doubt that statement as well.
No sig deliveries? My service center told me last week that some X's are being delivered. Wouldn't they be sigs?