Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon tweet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"There is a way for the Tesla Model S to be recharged throughout the country faster than you could fill a gas tank."

I'm picturing end of Back To The Future. Attaching a lightning rod to the charging port to harness lightning into the battery. Lightning does happen worldwide and while you might need to wait for it to strike, the act itself takes less time than filling a gas tank :biggrin:

It's likely a metal-air battery, gets installed in the "frunk" (right under your nose), combined with higher power SuperCharging (1.5 or possibly 2C), you end up with a 1,300 mile range in 15 minutes - a typical ICE car would need 2 or 3 fillups to accomplish that. The one time use metal-air pack replacement and water are sold at vending machines, located (you guessed it) at the SuperCharger locations.

I love the speculative nature of all these posts. What I really love about it is the confidence in Tesla and their ability to come up with insanely new ways to use existing technologies and ideas. But more than that, that there is this community of like-minded, passionate enthusiasts who never tire of trying to read the tea leaves.

I love the speculative nature of all these posts. What I really love about it is the confidence in Tesla and their ability to come up with insanely new ways to use existing technologies and ideas. But more than that, that there is this community of like-minded, passionate enthusiasts who never tire of trying to read the tea leaves.

I nominate this for POTD (Post of the day)

It's likely a metal-air battery, gets installed in the "frunk" (right under your nose), combined with higher power SuperCharging (1.5 or possibly 2C), you end up with a 1,300 mile range in 15 minutes - a typical ICE car would need 2 or 3 fillups to accomplish that. The one time use metal-air pack replacement and water are sold at vending machines, located (you guessed it) at the SuperCharger locations.
I suspect anything official of that nature that goes in the frunk would require new crash tests, so I'm skeptical to say the least.