Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweeted " all 3 / y can be upgraded to have FSD computer"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see Elon’s tweet that “All 3/Y can be upgraded to have FSD computer”? He was referring to the UI, not self-driving. Does this mean we will have the option to upgrade (for a fee) to the FSD computer from 2.5, regardless of whether we purchased FSD?

Logically there has to be an available option to upgrade to the new FSD computer, if a subscription to FSD is made available, as you cannot use FSD on a 2.5 computer. Purchasing outright the 10k FSD upgrade gets you the computer, which is an option for some/most/all of the Model 3 owners like myself.

And for the record, it still is being pointed out incorrectly that "all Model 3 after April 2019 have HW3..." which isn't the case. I have June 2019 with HW2.5 and there are those who have reported delivery after June 2019 with HW2.5... its just that the supply diminished after that. I don't blame Tesla for this, but there's no automagic assumption of HW version in your Teslas -- just understand that if you purchase FSD, you are entitled to the upgrade no matter what version, as well as the software capability.

Reactions: nuclearfusion
I don't know what you mean by " settings page". In the app settings, there is nothing about FSD hardware or computer. Nor in the settings of my Tesla account. Nor anywhere else I've looked. So my question remains.
@Gasaraki is talking about in the car.

Tap the car icon, software, and "additional information" under the picture of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.