Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweeting about Thailand and Reputation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m starting to get a little concerned that the thousands of fake twitter accounts and the few actually real accounts who have their facts twisted by all the fud are taking a toll on Elon. I kinda wish he would just stop replying. I’m new to the forum so not sure if this is the best place to make this comment, if not point me in the right direction. Seems obvious to me they are trying to get him to crack. I actually fear for his safety. Is this crazy? Seems like big oil and the other automakers are getting extremely threatened by him and the crap is really ramping up.

I’m starting to get a little concerned that the thousands of fake twitter accounts and the few actually real accounts who have their facts twisted by all the fud are taking a toll on Elon. I kinda wish he would just stop replying. I’m new to the forum so not sure if this is the best place to make this comment, if not point me in the right direction. Seems obvious to me they are trying to get him to crack. I actually fear for his safety. Is this crazy? Seems like big oil and the other automakers are getting extremely threatened by him and the crap is really ramping up.
He needs a way to respond to this stuff, but I think intermediaries are needed. He shouldn’t get in the fray so much. Tesla has the 3’s rolling and will be profitable. The only hope left is some horrible quality issue, or making Elon look like a monster. The pac stuff got some naive political types who don’t understand how important it is to get more republicans to not try to shut down the solar industry to not stop utilizes from blocking solar city etc from selling products or letting Tesla sell cars in every state.
Anyhow, the personal stuff is going to ratchet up until profits force the shorts out.

He needs a way to respond to this stuff, but I think intermediaries are needed. He shouldn’t get in the fray so much. Tesla has the 3’s rolling and will be profitable. The only hope left is some horrible quality issue, or making Elon look like a monster. The pac stuff got some naive political types who don’t understand how important it is to get more republicans to not try to shut down the solar industry to not stop utilizes from blocking solar city etc from selling products or letting Tesla sell cars in every state.
Anyhow, the personal stuff is going to ratchet up until profits force the shorts out.

Yeah I understand that, but I personally know one young kid maybe 23 who was in control of over 15,000 fake twitter accounts and he would use them all to help promote his events. and they would be connected to fake FB accounts swell. This is one kid with very little money. Just imagine what some billionaires who have a legit agenda against Musk can do or ARE in fact doing right now. It's pretty scary.

Look I get when Elon calls out "analysts," for questions he's heard 1000 times but this Pedo thing is different. I don't see the logic, at all.

I don’t think logic is at play. It’s all frustration/anger. I understand how he would feel: was asked repeatedly for help, then finally did so, following instructions for exactly what was needed, and has, since, been relentlessly derided for doing so. He seriously just needs to stay away from Twitter right now.

Yeah I understand that, but I personally know one young kid maybe 23 who was in control of over 15,000 fake twitter accounts and he would use them all to help promote his events. and they would be connected to fake FB accounts swell. This is one kid with very little money. Just imagine what some billionaires who have a legit agenda against Musk can do or ARE in fact doing right now. It's pretty scary.
All the more reason to have a PR team handle some of this or have his AI team build Elon response systems ERS. I’m serious the banality of most of twitter makes a Turing level programming easy. This should be a weekend project for Elon and Andrew.

Look I get when Elon calls out "analysts," for questions he's heard 1000 times but this Pedo thing is different. I don't see the logic, at all.

Agree. I'm fine with most of Elon's responses but this is an odd direction. Even if he has proof about this guy's activities it's not relevant to the topic at all. Just make the video of the mini sub going through the cave opening and it will speak for itself.

I don't care how frustrated you are, calling somebody a "pedo guy" on twitter, why? why would you do something so obviously stupid? A non-trivial piece of the Tesla story is the intangible value of the brand. This hurts the brand, the company, and the mission, whoever has Elon's ear needs to help him figure something out because this twitters nonsense is getting out of hand.

I don’t think logic is at play. It’s all frustration/anger. I understand how he would feel: was asked repeatedly for help, then finally did so, following instructions for exactly what was needed, and has, since, been relentlessly derided for doing so. He seriously just needs to stay away from Twitter right now.
I'm hoping this motivates him to come up with a solution for trolls. But yeah he needs to stop responding to every idiot with an agenda. There is a large number of Tesla haters and he can't battle every one of them.

I don't care how frustrated you are, calling somebody a "pedo guy" on twitter, why? why would you do something so obviously stupid? A non-trivial piece of the Tesla story is the intangible value of the brand. This hurts the brand, the company, and the mission, whoever has Elon's ear needs to help him figure something out because this twitters nonsense is getting out of hand.

Must agree, this is all over the web and major newspapers now and it was truly unnecessary, even if the dude is a perv... there are better ways to take care of things than public forums. This is going to hurt even among Elon fans.

Strangely enough I’ll defend Elon on this one. The diver’s crude comments toward Elon warrant an equal response.

The problem is, stooping to this guy’s level doesn’t hurt this guy— it hurts Elon & it hurts Tesla. I understand the emotional reaction, but you need the judgment to avoid translating that emotional reaction into a social media response.

I assume Elon is Aspie. I don’t mean that in an insulting way— I think most of the great accomplishments in science, engineering, and technology have come from Aspie people. But it puts him at a disadvantage when it comes to understanding how interactions will look to neurotypical people.

TLDR— Don’t engage with haters. It cannot help. It can only hurt.

The problem is, stooping to this guy’s level doesn’t hurt this guy— it hurts Elon & it hurts Tesla. I understand the emotional reaction, but you need the judgment to avoid translating that emotional reaction into a social media response.

I assume Elon is Aspie. I don’t mean that in an insulting way— I think most of the great accomplishments in science, engineering, and technology have come from Aspie people. But it puts him at a disadvantage when it comes to understanding how interactions will look to neurotypical people.

Agree with this very much. Can someone reach out to Grimes and ask her to have a word with Elon

I’m probably borderline aspie with an Irish temper to boot so probably why I don’t care about insulting people that insult you.

Agree with this very much. Can someone reach out to Grimes and ask her to have a word with Elon

Ya Elon. Lashing out against the Thai divers is a losing proposition. In the Thai cave narrative, they are the hero, not you. So you cannot win this. Might be time to find the root of "why" you are lashing out against the Thai divers and deal with that instead. This is just something that you use to divert your attention away from the real issue. Whatever that may be.