Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweeting about Thailand and Reputation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New theory, british dive team leader stanton is the one who told Elon that vern is a pedo. Now Elon is collecting the evidence.
Just think for a second what you’re saying. A man with a family and people who love him is subject to a libellous attack from someone with 22 million Twitter followers, in the week that should be the proudest of his life. And your response is to want to stoke up a witch hunt.

Perhaps you don’t appreciate the climate in the UK but in the public mind, paedophiles have a place in hell below serial killers. There have been cases of people mistakenly misidentified as child abusers being subject to violent attacks and even killed. Given how widely reported this has already been, this slur will never leave this man. He is forever the man that Elon Musk called a paedophile.

Musk should be publicly apologising, not ducking the issue by deleting his tweets. He should be making a generous financial offer to this man and a charity of his choice (professionally, not through Twitter). And he should shut his Twitter account and get on with running the company that so many of us have generously and patiently funded.

I’m not going to judge the tweet, but looking at the thread he seems to have struck a nerve and now the bots have gone crazy, which is a bad sign. He’s become a flash point for bots that looked like the election with far right and fr left wacko opinions. Hope I’m wrong and this blows over, but I think Elon now needs to crank Pravduh up and moving.

Just think for a second what you’re saying. A man with a family and people who love him is subject to a libellous attack from someone with 22 million Twitter followers, in the week that should be the proudest of his life. And your response is to want to stoke up a witch hunt.

Perhaps you don’t appreciate the climate in the UK but in the public mind, paedophiles have a place in hell below serial killers. There have been cases of people mistakenly misidentified as child abusers being subject to violent attacks and even killed. Given how widely reported this has already been, this slur will never leave this man. He is forever the man that Elon Musk called a paedophile.

Musk should be publicly apologising, not ducking the issue by deleting his tweets. He should be making a generous financial offer to this man and a charity of his choice (professionally, not through Twitter). And he should shut his Twitter account and get on with running the company that so many of us have generously and patiently funded.
If musk said it he meant it. He is not a child, this is serious. Someone he trusts gave him this information.

I'm shocked Elon still hasn't apologized all these hours after deleting the tweets. He must be hunting down the individual who seeded the idea in his head before he announced it to 22 million people... that or just doesn't care and removed the post out of pressure from others. He's been making quite a few unsubstantiated accusations lately. He's not acting like one foot is out of hell.

When I wrote that he was not a child I knew someone would say that. Vern is a pedo. Elon wouldn't make an accusation without being able to prove it. If he can't tesla is in deep trouble. Trust Elon folks.
Yeah but there is no "win" here...or upside. The tweet was a mistake hence why it was taken down.
I understand how EM could have made the tweet in response to the guy saying he could shove the sub...but it was a mistake all the same.

If musk said it he meant it. He is not a child, this is serious. Someone he trusts gave him this information.
Musk is a human being, not a demi god. He is hence fallible. He reminds you of this in nearly every call, showing refreshing honesty in explaining where mistakes have been made. He is not in the vice squad and by the standards of any jurisdiction, he has committed libel. I hence have confidence that in the cold light of day he will apologise. If he doesn’t, then I’ll be selling my shares, as it would display a character flaw that is incompatible with growing a company to $500bn.

Ps To someone else above, I am not a bot. There may well be a conspiracy to sink Tesla but don’t mistake that with normal people who are able to call out a PR nightmare when they see one.

Yeah but there is no "win" here...or upside. The tweet was a mistake hence why it was taken down.
I understand how EM could have made the tweet in response to the guy saying he could shove the sub...but it was a mistake all the same.
True, not worth the trouble obviously. Should have informed a reporter who he trusts and have the facts come out in an article.

Reactions: neroden
Musk is a human being, not a demi god. He is hence fallible. He reminds you of this in nearly every call, showing refreshing honesty in explaining where mistakes have been made. He is not in the vice squad and by the standards of any jurisdiction, he has committed libel. I hence have confidence that in the cold light of day he will apologise. If he doesn’t, then I’ll be selling my shares, as it would display a character flaw that is incompatible with growing a company to $500bn.

Ps To someone else above, I am not a bot. There may well be a conspiracy to sink Tesla but don’t mistake that with normal people who are able to call out a PR nightmare when they see one.
Chill pill dude. If this is not resolved by tomorrow afternoon than you have a right to feel that way.

• Disagree
Reactions: MauryDann
I'm shocked Elon still hasn't apologized all these hours after deleting the tweets. He must be hunting down the individual who seeded the idea in his head before he announced it to 22 million people... that or just doesn't care and removed the post out of pressure from others. He's been making quite a few unsubstantiated accusations lately. He's not acting like one foot is out of hell.
The resemblance to Trump is getting disturbing.
ycfgvteq5lsauignwpz5.jpg