Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweeting about Thailand and Reputation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know. I’m not sure if there is any coming back from this.

I agree -- the news can handle more than one story at a time.

A criticism claiming an assumption that is itself an assumption is always worth pointing out.

Yes, right. I was more expanding on where you were going than disagreeing with you. If this guy doesn't turn out to be a pedo, Elon looks to be in some serious trouble -- and it is stock price affecting trouble if you ask me -- but I'm still long.

Reactions: AZRI11
My 2¢

Vern's comment was horrible, and Elon's was worse.

Elon did not research Vern. If he did any, he'd know that Vern provided the detailed maps that proved useful. There might have been some hearsay about Vern, but that's not fit for Elon's Twitter even if there is any proof, which I doubt.

My guess is Elon will apologize. And western civilization is great at accepting an apology and moving on. After all, it was a heat of the moment thing spurred by that horrible video of Vern. It also gives an easy out for people to continue supporting him. Hey, he apologized, time to move on. Nobody can be perfect.

Tesla has its eye on the big prize now. The next few months are transformational. Any weakness in TSLA tomorrow is a buying opportunity.

I'm not a rocket scientist or even a journalism major, but pretty sure when your name is all over the headlines next to the word "pedophile", that ain't good.
Elon needs to publicly apologize and bury this story as quickly as possible. Whether his ego allows that is another story.

Go to CNN.com, Foxnews.com, Marketwatch.com, News.com.au, etc. and on each of them keysearch for "Musk". The story is on every front page. There's no sweeping this under the rug. The question is what will happen.

I think a simple apology/time off Twitter would be great. For everyone.

I can't imagine Musk leaving or stepping aside, he really is Tesla.

Reactions: Matias
My 2¢
Tesla has its eye on the big prize now. The next few months are transformational. Any weakness in TSLA tomorrow is a buying opportunity.

It could be a huge opportunity if it drops huge and the situation gets resolved quickly. On the other hand it would be nice if we were all worrying about the next quarterly report instead of random stuff popping up like this