Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweeting about Thailand and Reputation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ya Elon. Lashing out against the Thai divers is a losing proposition. In the Thai cave narrative, they are the hero, not you. So you cannot win this. Might be time to find the root of "why" you are lashing out against the Thai divers and deal with that instead. This is just something that you use to divert your attention away from the real issue. Whatever that may be.

He wasn't saying anything against the Thai divers. My understanding is the British diver was criticizing (unprompted) Elon making the mini-sub. Elon wrote the Thai team welcomed him to the cave.

Which means buying opportunity Monday since Tesla will be underwater....

I normally dislike cross-posting but I honestly don't know where posts like this go anymore. The divide between "General Discussion" and "Market Action" is increasingly vague and meaningless.

Why Are Young Billionaires So Boring?

Maybe Elon should learn why the likes of Jeff Bezos and Mark Zuckerberg are very boring. There's a reason why Steve Jobs was notable for wearing sweaters and not much else. How much do you really know about most Silicon Valley billionaire CEO's? The answer is, not a lot, and they keep it that way for a good goddamned reason.

Elon needs to learn how to be boring. That's the bottom line here. Delete your Twitter account for God's sakes, it accomplishes nothing. Also do like Jobs did and stop donating money while you're still actively a CEO, because even donating money to the "wrong people" opens you up to criticism. Bill Gates and Warren Buffett waited until after they were done with their careers to start becoming philanthropists and this is why.

Be boring, Elon. Or I dunno, be Boring (Company). I'm here because it feels good to invest in a company which is trying to do good in the world but I also expect my investments to make profits and I'm not seeing how any of what Elon does on Twitter is going to increase my, or any of our, profits.

I normally dislike cross-posting but I honestly don't know where posts like this go anymore. The divide between "General Discussion" and "Market Action" is increasingly vague and meaningless.

Terms of Service Violation

Maybe Elon should learn why the likes of Jeff Bezos and Mark Zuckerberg are very boring. There's a reason why Steve Jobs was notable for wearing sweaters and not much else. How much do you really know about most Silicon Valley billionaire CEO's? The answer is, not a lot, and they keep it that way for a good goddamned reason.

Elon needs to learn how to be boring. That's the bottom line here. Delete your Twitter account for God's sakes, it accomplishes nothing. Also do like Jobs did and stop donating money while you're still actively a CEO, because even donating money to the "wrong people" opens you up to criticism. Bill Gates and Warren Buffett waited until after they were done with their careers to start becoming philanthropists and this is why.

Be boring, Elon. Or I dunno, be Boring (Company). I'm here because it feels good to invest in a company which is trying to do good in the world but I also expect my investments to make profits and I'm not seeing how any of what Elon does on Twitter is going to increase my, or any of our, profits.

Bc of the tweets? Prob not of huge consequence
I agree, the only bogey to consider is if a big player gets spooked

The irony imo, is the gop donating stuff, while far more understandable to those who are knowledgeable, probably has much larger effect than the diver stuff. With that said, the diver stuff should be a much larger red flag because it is highly unintelligent thing to do by every measure imagineable which is not a trait you want in a ceo (for those who want proof, see tweets are deleted, like that matters).

The combined effect? I am not sure, the biggest issue is likely the pressure the PMs of the big players (ballie, trowe, fmr) get from whoever they feel the serve.

So basically, I have no clue, overall definitely bearish obviously. A market up day tomorrow would be very fortunate for the bulls (timing wise)

Terms of Service Violation

You have the choice whether to invest in a company that has Musk as a CEO. He has no obligation to conform to your opinion of the mold he should fit in.

Whether the SP goes up or down, I support his existence as an independent being.

Ya Elon. Lashing out against the Thai divers is a losing proposition. In the Thai cave narrative, they are the hero, not you. So you cannot win this. Might be time to find the root of "why" you are lashing out against the Thai divers and deal with that instead. This is just something that you use to divert your attention away from the real issue. Whatever that may be.
Clarification, nothing I saw was "lashing out" at the Thai divers. He praised them. It was some Brit diver who apparently talking smack about Elon's help.

Reactions: mongo
Must agree, this is all over the web and major newspapers now and it was truly unnecessary, even if the dude is a perv... there are better ways to take care of things than public forums. This is going to hurt even among Elon fans.

he got suckered in again. he just doesn’t learn. it’s not that he needs to stay off twitter, he needs to stay on point. don’t wander.
it’s a wasteland of wanna bes just trying to kill him. and he’s letting them do it bc of his thin skin.
they are so satisfied to take shots at him every comment, as if they know 1/10th about anything he does.
people perceive that the crowdsourcing of the sub being done on twitter was about him. maybe there was a better way? i dunno. he’s obv a lightning rod for negative attention right now.
as far as he PR, yes, maybe a debunking team can handle the trolls but elon should stay away from them. why stoop to their level, it NEVER ends up being a good look.

The guy was already mentiined in British press from the very start Navy Seals race to rescue children's football team trapped in Thai cave As I understand it he’s the one who told authorities to bring in fellow British experts. I think attacking this guy’s reputation is a losing proposition. Good on Elon of deleting those tweets although the damage is done. Elon’s hinted at posting under influence before. Hopefully this was just a case of that and we can leave the episode behind us.