Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon tweets interesting pic of autopilot development screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

diplomat33

Average guy who loves autonomous vehicles
Aug 3, 2017
USA
Dgfu1VpU8AAGRkG.jpg:medium

It appears to be the development screen for autopilot. Any clues that we can glean from it?

I assume the blind spot option pertains to just how close you want to be changing lanes with other vehicles. Mad max I assume is.... Move Bit*h get out my way

Yeah, I think that is it. I wonder if we will get these settings too when Tesla releases better blind spot detection so that we can set how aggressive we want auto lane change to be?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: andreasmj
That would make more sense. We know that there are some roads right now where auto lane change is disabled. So "enable unrestricted lane changes" could be the option to allow auto lane change on all roads?

My bet is Unattended Lane Changes.

I was thinking the car does it without the driver's input so "unattended" fits even better.

Reactions: diplomat33
ULC = unexpected lane changes

I wonder if we could get an option in settings to toggle with or without driver input for auto lane changes? That would be pretty cool as it would allow drivers to set whether they want the car to make auto lane changes on its own or if they want to always initiate auto lane changes.