Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon tweets interesting pic of autopilot development screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope so!

My car wants to autopark at a red light with cars next to me. I have never gotten it to work in a parking lot since I first got my car.

Not to get too far off topic, but I had the same problem. Solution--try driving closer to the side you want to park. Driving in the center of the parking lane like most of us do is too far for the ultrasonic sensors to "see" the empty spot. Cheating closer to the parking spots puts the cars in range. I have had nearly 100% success after adjusting off center. That being said, auto park is still a painfully slow process.

"Vision Stops" could be Tesla Vision stops for stop signs and/or red lights, which would be an FSD feature.
Could be just "turn off vision", aka disable the cameras.

Yes but we know the Semi's displays are going to follow the M3 format. This screen looks like an MCU screen from a Model S/X and is more likely than not Elon's own car. Would also make no sense for the Semi to have autopilot functions that the 3/S/X wouldn't have seeing how its not coming out yet...
Well, MCU aside, that's exactly why it would make sense since Semi will have AP3.0+, so it has AP functions that the 3/S/X wouldn't have.

The picture is definitely from an S or X:

Dgfu1VpU8AAGRkG.jpg

Tesla-Model-S-P85D-Shareit-33.jpg

model-3-steering-wheel-touchscreen-2.jpg

They've made changes to the UI since April'ish.

screen-shot-2018-04-10-at-1-31-28-pm-e1523381530341.jpg

Could be just "turn off vision", aka disable the cameras.

Well, MCU aside, that's exactly why it would make sense since Semi will have AP3.0+, so it has AP functions that the 3/S/X wouldn't have.

I doubt it. I think "Vision Stops" means stopping for red lights and/or stop signs, probably both.

Elon has said they will start enabling FSD functions with v.9, so it makes sense that they have been testing this in dev mode. Plus the older dev screen in @lunitiks post above shows a "Full Self Driving" mode, so I don't think this is anything new.

Whereas AP is far from amazing and has its deficiencies (specifically twisty rural roads, among others), it's only gotten better since I took delivery of my S last year, in my experience.

You mean better by not avoiding curbs, pingponging, ghost braking, sudden ap disengagements and now the nags? It was quite great and useful by the end of 2017. Since then, only setbacks, no improvement at all. All the mentioned things worked pretty well then.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Something must be wrong with your camera alignment or something, There has been immense improvement since 10.4. You should have it checked out by your service center if you are having all those issues. The Nags aren't an "issue" though, I don't get them any more frequently than I did before 21.9, add that to your list of problems for the service center if you have your hands on the wheel and are still getting a bunch of nags...

Reactions: selfbp and Bilen
Whereas AP is far from amazing and has its deficiencies (specifically twisty rural roads, among others), it's only gotten better since I took delivery of my S last year, in my experience.

Windy roads I could not have taken just last year are now 98% drivable on full AP today.

People all saying that this is from a Semi must be really super pessimistic about the future capability of AP in their car. As if Tesla would only have EAP/FSD on a semi and not any Model S/X/3. lol.