Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon tweets "pure vision" will solve phantom braking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Elon's tweets DO count as Tesla marketing materials that can be trusted? Because like that tweet says something is coming "next week" there have been 10x as many where that wasn't true.
Why does the website say "coming soon" if it's been released?

I have no idea what you're arguing. It seems like you're just arguing for no-points sake. The FSD beta *was* released to a few consumers / customers as Elon said in that tweet. The rest is history, as Tesla's consumers became its marketing machine. This is called viral marketing. It's cheaper than spending billions on ads.

So Elon's future looking tweets DO count as Tesla marketing materials that can be trusted? Because like that tweet says something is coming "next week" there have been 10x as many where that wasn't true.
Why does the website say "coming soon" if it's been released?
Of course they count as marketing, why wouldn’t they?

Now trusting is a big word that is a little iffy.

Trusting a companies marketing? Uh, no.

• Disagree
Reactions: Demonofelru
Prove it doesn't require any "coding" to enable it. I've yet to see any announcement / article / press release it's been deployed. All we have are bimmerpost members talking about how to "code" the software to enable it.

View attachment 663021

I have already proved it.
You refuse to accept facts.

From what I found last time in your discussion it has not been officially deployed in Germany either, at least as of 2 months ago (a German driver is still coding his car to enable to feature, just like people in the USA and UK has to):
Traffic light coding G20

Did you end up finding evidence of someone enabling the feature in Germany without having to "code" it?

No one in that thread has a BMW MY21 in germany that was produced after 11/2020 and BMW doesn't add new features in future software updates (for example assisted driving view, etc).
If you don't have a MY21 that was produced after 11/2020 then you are out of luck even though they all have the same hardware. This is why someone with a Q4 2018 can code TLA into their car. But anyone in germany with a MY21 car produced after 11/2020 has it. Without coding needed.

Alot of BMW features are only available in very few locale. TLA isn't unique, features likw:

Hands free driving under 37mph,
Speed Assist
Highway Exit assistant
Lane Change Assist
Red light warning
Stop sign warning
assisted driving view
etc...

All,

This is the state of TLA world-wide.

It has only been officially released in a handful of markets, for MY21, and even those where it has been released, it appears there are some restrictions.

If you follow my coding exactly and meet the pre-reqs, one of the following scenarios is possible:
  1. Function not available in this country - hard-stop. It will not work and is blocked. Not at a coding level, but at a software level. This indicates that the system would not work well or safely if enabled with that regions TL systems. Examples - Russia, AUSY, Singapore(?)
  2. Function is supported but does not work well, or works intermittently - examples are US, CA, China. Important markets that BMW will want to support but the system is not developed enough to deal with all scenarios
  3. Function is fully supported - EU countries including DE and UK. The system will read 'most' lights and either auto accepts or requires manual SET for acknowledgement. Stops accurately and safely at the light, even if changing from Green to Amber, and will prompt the user to restart on Green. This system works 90% of the time but will still fail at times and is not totally reliable.

While I am seeing improvements to the system with each i-step release, the land mask for UCC has not changed since 07/2020. This means BMW have not changed the regions that are supported for Urban Cruise Control (UCC) which underpins TLA. Probably because the system is not fully baked in the regions it is supported yet. They may also have moved dev onto the SP21 vehicles. Hopefully the development for the system is supported on both platforms, but we will see.

It seems that aSLA is a dependency for the system, and the 'Consider Traffic Lights' option is in the same idrive menu area. Regions that do not natively allow aSLA, like North America, do not meet that dependency without coding.

In summary, it's complicated.
nQJFyJ5.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
It's getting a bit off topic but dug a bit for BMW press materials.
This is the press release for their latest software update (released 2/22/2021) version 11/20 (the same version most people are hacking to enable the "TLA" traffic lights feature). No mention of Traffic lights. As a sanity check it does still mention features even if it is locked to limited regions for example: "Alexa is being made available for Germany, Austria, the UK1, Spain and Italy as part of this upgrade. Amazon Alexa integration will be extended to more countries in subsequent upgrades."
New Remote Software Upgrade available for over one million BMW vehicles worldwide.
Same for previous 7-20 update:
BMW Group rolls out biggest Remote Software Upgrade in company history.

The 03/2021 version doesn't have release notes yet, but from the other thread linked, people appear to still be required to "code" to enable TLA in that version also.

Already covered this in my previous post. Its NOT in 7/20.
Also its not in 03/2021.
You only have it if you have a MY21 built after 11/2020.

Like i said before.
It will never show up in a release note as most features are only available in select locales.
If BMW had 15 driving assistant features and you had a US model. You would only get about 5 of them.

Driver owners manual from germany MY21 cars built after 11/20 has TLA details on it.

No one in that thread has a BMW MY21 in germany that was produced after 11/2020 and BMW doesn't add new features in future software updates (for example assisted driving view, etc).
If you don't have a MY21 that was produced after 11/2020 then you are out of luck even though they all have the same hardware. This is why someone with a Q4 2018 can code TLA into their car. But anyone in germany with a MY21 car produced after 11/2020 has it. Without coding needed.

You spent months. Months digging yourself into this hole, gaslighting, posting nonsense about this bmw feature. It's still not "released" without coding.

No one should take you seriously unless you take the L for this.

Your idea of proof is one UK guy on a forum saying it's released? lol! I bet you didn't even read his entire post.

Unlike you i don't live on one forum and have my head in a bubble.
I read and participate in dozens of forums from different brand. That's why I'm so up to date on everything going on in the auto industry while you live in your tesla bubble.

You spent months. Months digging yourself into this hole, gaslighting, posting nonsense about this bmw feature. It's still not "released" without coding.

No one should take you seriously unless you take the L for this.

Why so mad because BMW released red light, stop sign and wrong way warning way to actual customers way before Tesla?
and also ACTUALLY released Red light braking a few months after tesla and it doesn't brake for green lights lol

Why so mad because BMW released red light, stop sign and wrong way warning way to actual customers way before Tesla?
and also ACTUALLY released Red light braking a few months after tesla and it doesn't brake for green lights lol

Sorry, but it's not released because one guy in a forum said so. We don't even know his definition of "released." His post actually implies it still requires coding because the feature is only 90% reliable at best.

1. Function is fully supported - EU countries including DE and UK. The system will read 'most' lights and either auto accepts or requires manual SET for acknowledgement. Stops accurately and safely at the light, even if changing from Green to Amber, and will prompt the user to restart on Green. This system works 90% of the time but will still fail at times and is not totally reliable.

Logic? All i do is read. Something that it seems like you can't do because you love for Tesla and hate for anyone else completely clouds your judgement.
But ofcourse, Nio is lying and xpeng is lying and bmw is lying right? its all media propaganda.

I say we don't take you seriously until you find proof that MY21 BMWs in Germany come with usable TLA as of 5/17/21 without any coding whatsoever.

Sorry, but it's not released because one guy in a forum said so. We don't even know his definition of "released." His post actually implies it still requires coding because the feature is only 90% reliable at best.

1. Function is fully supported - EU countries including DE and UK. The system will read 'most' lights and either auto accepts or requires manual SET for acknowledgement. Stops accurately and safely at the light, even if changing from Green to Amber, and will prompt the user to restart on Green. This system works 90% of the time but will still fail at times and is not totally reliable.

'officially released' versus 'supported'.
Something can be supported but not officially released.
This is 100% clear for any reasonable educated human with reading comprehension. But for you its clouded due to your hate for anyone but Tesla.

the feature is only 90% reliable at best.
and what is Tesla's reliability rate in EU countries including DE and UK? That's right, 0%.

There are hundreds of TLA threads. All you have to do to find out information if you were truly interested is to participate in the forum.
But you won't because you are not interested in info and education. You just want to hype up Tesla and spread hate.
You probably see those people in those forums as beneath you.

'officially released' versus 'supported'.
Something can be supported but not officially released.
This is 100% clear for any reasonable educated human with reading comprehension. But for you its clouded due to your hate for anyone but Tesla.

and what is Tesla's reliability rate in EU countries including DE and UK? That's right, 0%.

There are hundreds of TLA threads. All you have to do to find out information if you were truly interested is to participate in the forum.
But you won't because you are not interested in info and education. You just want to hype up Tesla and spread hate.
You probably see those people in those forums as beneath you.

Yup, I won't be responding to you until you post that proof or take the L for your months of gaslighting and deception