Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Discovery is 🔥. Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, a huge collection of text messages from and to Elon.https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23108357/redacted-version-of-exhibits-a-j-to-letter-to-the-honorable-kathaleen-st-j-mccormick-from-edward-b.pdf
1664507169860.png

1664507075472.png

Just two engineers turned manager bonding. Happy days.
Two days later...
1664507330845.png

Well that escalated quickly! What the hell did Parag say to Elon during their conversation?
Maybe Parag is the mastermind that convinced him to buy... setting himself up for a $60 million payday.

Jack trying to patch things up later that month.
1664507736991.png

1664507796175.png

1664507830918.png

1664507896584.png

1664507919863.png

😢

Attachments

• 1664507680001.png
    1664507680001.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 57
My favorite text was the one where Parag went on a whole PR-style meander about how he's desperately trying to change Twitter and Elon isn't helping.

Elon's response was something like......"What did you do this week to acheive that?"

Love it. If you're such an engineer, show me what you've actually done to make improvements.

Not sure why they think these are cringe, the texts are interesting and funny maybe, but not at all cringe.

What the texts do show, albeit limitedly, is that Elon Musk's private behavior is very much consistent with his public behavior, an admirable trait for someone with his level of wealth.
This is cringe:
1664551545054.png

And this (though maybe it's a South African thing.)
1664551633725.png

The real cringe is all the people sucking up to Elon and presenting their ideas for how to fix Twitter. One guy was trying to get his son hired which was pretty cringy.

Reactions: mtndrew1
Elon was going to lose the Vernon Unsworth lawsuit - he didn't
Elon was going to lose the Solar City lawsuit - he didn't
Each time I was sure he was going to lose because I was reading biased reporting on the cases.
So this time with the Twitter case, I don't believe much that is reported . . .most of it comes with a bias.
I have no expectations on whether Elon wins or loses . . .and I really don't care . . . imo, it won't impact the company or the stock long term.
Delaware Court of Chancery is extremely board/corporate friendly. Elon is on the wrong side of that this time.

The richest man in the world might have a way to attack YouTube head-on. This would be the video-sharing platform Rumble, which is rising in popularity. Musk isn't ruling out chatting with the Rumble CEO soon, he recently tweeted.

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD
Looks like Twitter is done producing documents related to mDAU (https://courts.delaware.gov/Opinions/Download.aspx?id=338470)

1664655170909.png

1664655202809.png

Maybe I'm thinking way to much about Elon's plans and motivations but I thought it was odd that he mentioned twice at AI Day 2 how important it was the Tesla is a public company and that he can be fired. The impression I've always gotten is that he's very happy that SpaceX is a private company and he did try to take Tesla private too. Maybe he has some plan to take Twitter public again after fixing it?

Looks like Twitter is done producing documents related to mDAU (https://courts.delaware.gov/Opinions/Download.aspx?id=338470)

View attachment 858988
View attachment 858989

Maybe I'm thinking way to much about Elon's plans and motivations but I thought it was odd that he mentioned twice at AI Day 2 how important it was the Tesla is a public company and that he can be fired. The impression I've always gotten is that he's very happy that SpaceX is a private company and he did try to take Tesla private too. Maybe he has some plan to take Twitter public again after fixing it?

Early on, Elon clearly stated, multiple times, that after a period of "a few years" he would re-IPO Twitter. After it's issues, in his eyes, were fixed.

I thought it was odd that he mentioned twice at AI Day 2 how important it was the Tesla is a public company and that he can be fired. The impression I've always gotten is that he's very happy that SpaceX is a private company and he did try to take Tesla private too.
Yeah I thought his statements about Tesla being public were ironic considering the past.

Seems like Twitter stock is rising at the same rate as Tsla is falling...I guess the markets think Elon could lose this..of course all he has to do is present a bad defense and Twitter stock could rise above $54 and he wins...

First- why would it rise above the price what anyone is willing to pay for it? So that makes no sense.

Second-How does he then win? The agreement to buy twitter includes the requirement that the stock will be de-listed so it's not like he could then dump his shares back for a profit (and who the heck would buy THOSE at above his crazy high price?)

Status
Not open for further replies.