Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the Twitter damage is done and priced in by now, (I hope).

I hope so. The drop was due to some other factors than just Twitter. The entire market was up today because the Fed is backing off on interest rate hikes.

At this point, Twitter is not in the greatest of shape, but the doom fears that it's collapse was imminent and Elon would have to sell a bunch of Tesla stock to cover the loss have mostly been set aside. Twitter may not survive and Elon may have to sell Tesla stock to cover the losses, but it's not happening immediately.

I expect the Tesla stock price will bounce back a bit until the next crisis at Twitter. This Twitter drama is going to cause Tesla stock to be more volatile for a while.

While it’s true elon could have handled it better and was off his meds to suggest SBF “owned” this reporter somehow, it does look like she made a pretty classic and serious mistake by looking at various …let’s call them documents …. That seemed to strongly suggest something but by themselves werent fleshed out and reliable enough to be sole basis of a story.
Welcome to "investigative journalism" in the Buzzfeed era. These websites don't have the financial power of NYT or WaPo to do actual legwork (or for that matter clout to be able to talk to people).

The other problem is the time sensitive nature. They all want to be the first to report .... so, its been like this for last 10 years atleast.

But lets also be mindful that Tesla fans regularly accuse WaPo of reporting stuff only because of Bezos control etc. I think people take sides without strong evidence .... with emotion dictating what people believe.

It seems quite possible that it is a plot by SBF to embarrass Elon. Where else would she have gotten those texts? And it shows that Elon was hiding texts from the court (something he was already caught doing earlier.)
But if SBF doesn't own Twitter stock now, he would surely know Elon would say that. I thought the texts were in bankruptcy filings (vaguely remember something along those lines). I guess Elon gave the texts to his lawyers to filter and turn over the relevant ones .... rather than him doing it himself ?

But if SBF doesn't own Twitter stock now, he would surely know Elon would say that. I thought the texts were in bankruptcy filings (vaguely remember something along those lines). I guess Elon gave the texts to his lawyers to filter and turn over the relevant ones .... rather than him doing it himself ?
No idea who filtered Elon's texts but there were definitely relevant texts missing (that were discovered when the other party turned over their texts).
Very odd to include only the text asking who dis. He obviously found out at some point since the name is there.
1669257177920.png

SBF liked these two tweets so I think it's pretty obvious he's the source. I certainly wouldn't put it past him to lie to the reporter and say he rolled over his shares.

Welcome to "investigative journalism" in the Buzzfeed era. These websites don't have the financial power of NYT or WaPo to do actual legwork (or for that matter clout to be able to talk to people).

The other problem is the time sensitive nature. They all want to be the first to report .... so, its been like this for last 10 years atleast.

But lets also be mindful that Tesla fans regularly accuse WaPo of reporting stuff only because of Bezos control etc. I think people take sides without strong evidence .... with emotion dictating what people believe.
Oh I know the buzzfeed deal. But that’s no way to get at the truth.
The only upside is it’s not about some sort of partisan bias as many in their various bubbles assume…it’s just journalism in an era where accuracy matters less than speed and page views….
Not the right way to do it. And not the way traditional outlets go about it….But here we are.
And certainly SBF us fully capable of feeding journos hogwash. He may have even run the same stuff by better outlets with no takers.

Hmmm … I bet he is getting stuff like this fed on DM by alt-right folks.

Maybe not alt right but perhaps the investigative report saying so. This is my first time reading it so I don't think there's anything Elon said is false here. However no one is going to bother reading the report and he should know this...so it's a stupid tweet trying to prove a point that no one really cares about the truth but just their side.

"Although there are several individuals who have stated that Brown held his hands up in an unambiguous sign of surrender prior to Wilson shooting him dead, their accounts do not support a prosecution of Wilson. As detailed throughout this report, some of those accounts are inaccurate because they are inconsistent with the physical and forensic evidence; some of those accounts are materially inconsistent with that witness’s own prior statements with no explanation, credible for otherwise, as to why those accounts changed over time. Certain other witnesses who originally stated Brown had his hands up in surrender recanted their original accounts, admitting that they did not witness the shooting or parts of it, despite what they initially reported either to federal or local law enforcement or to the media. Prosecutors did not rely on those accounts when making a prosecutive decision."

I’d bet not also. He’s relying on Bahamas law to shield him — and his parents and a lot of assets there — to some degrees.
No doubt he has been…. Generous to the local power structure.
The Bahamas does have an extradition treaty with the US but I imagine they want to have a rock solid case before requesting extradition. I haven't paid enough attention to any of this to even have an opinion on whether or not SBF broke the law since I assume anything related to crypto is a scam anyway.
It is odd how much Elon tweets about FTX/SBF.

The Bahamas does have an extradition treaty with the US but I imagine they want to have a rock solid case before requesting extradition. I haven't paid enough attention to any of this to even have an opinion on whether or not SBF broke the law since I assume anything related to crypto is a scam anyway.
It is odd how much Elon tweets about FTX/SBF.
Well. They’ve already proven they can convict a human trafficker without exposing who they trafficked to, so I imagine they’ll probably find a way to convict a fraudster without exposing who was protecting him for pay.

Reactions: advocate8
Maybe not alt right but perhaps the investigative report saying so. This is my first time reading it so I don't think there's anything Elon said is false here. However no one is going to bother reading the report and he should know this...so it's a stupid tweet trying to prove a point that no one really cares about the truth but just their side.
LOL. One of the most widely read report.

Don’t want to argue wether killing unarmed people if fine or not - but definitely Elon didn’t go and read that report all on his own when he saw the t-shirts with no prompting, right ?

"Although there are several individuals who have stated that Brown held his hands up in an unambiguous sign of surrender prior to Wilson shooting him dead, their accounts do not support a prosecution of Wilson. As detailed throughout this report, some of those accounts are inaccurate because they are inconsistent with the physical and forensic evidence; some of those accounts are materially inconsistent with that witness’s own prior statements with no explanation, credible for otherwise, as to why those accounts changed over time. Certain other witnesses who originally stated Brown had his hands up in surrender recanted their original accounts, admitting that they did not witness the shooting or parts of it, despite what they initially reported either to federal or local law enforcement or to the media. Prosecutors did not rely on those accounts when making a prosecutive decision."

I think Musk is actually right about the specific case of Michael Brown. My problem with the tweet is that it suggests that the people of Ferguson were upset with the police for only that incident.

Don’t want to argue wether killing unarmed people if fine or not - but definitely Elon didn’t go and read that report all on his own when he saw the t-shirts with no prompting, right ?
If someone who’s unarmed tries to take a holstered weapon from you, they’ve escalated themselves to a level where deadly force is not only justified but recommended to stop the threat.

• Disagree
Reactions: mach-edriver

Dude, how are you saying

"One of the most widely read report"

And then claims that Elon needed some kind of outside influence to have read the report....if the report is that popular?

• Helpful
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.