Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Elon Musk's Twitter reinstates Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene"​

The stock is $167 right now, let's see if it drops tomorrow
Narrator: It didn't

TSLA.PNG

I have a theory, Elon and the best coders are all busy at that place in SF.
So as much as we like to joke about the market and this saying, perhaps The Tesla FSDb team left "the interns in charge for now"
There have been other comments in this thread defending this situation, and at least one has referenced an authority - from the SEC, I believe - giving his acquiescence to such having occurred elsewhere, BUT -

“Oh, young Maxwell? Go to the garage and wash & vacuum my car. Leave your computer on; Angela can work on your and her projects while you’re out.”

”Oh, Sylvia? Run out and bring me back a luncheon. The rest of the staff can cover for you.”

Doesn‘t ANYONE view these situations as not only reprehensible, but in fact actionable offenses? And, of course, not imperfectly but perfectly analogous to what has happened to the staff at OUR company?

If not, please elucidate me.

There have been other comments in this thread defending this situation, and at least one has referenced an authority - from the SEC, I believe - giving his acquiescence to such having occurred elsewhere, BUT -

“Oh, young Maxwell? Go to the garage and wash & vacuum my car. Leave your computer on; Angela can work on your and her projects while you’re out.”

”Oh, Sylvia? Run out and bring me back a luncheon. The rest of the staff can cover for you.”

Doesn‘t ANYONE view these situations not only reprehensible, but in fact actionable offenses? And, of course, not imperfectly but perfectly analogous to what has happened to the staff at OUR company?

If not, please elucidate me.
Like it or not, Tesla is becoming a subsidiary of 'Musk Enterprises.' Instead of 14 startups within Tesla, there are now potentially twice that many if you include Twitter.

If you grew up a hundred years ago who would be the most powerful people in town? The owner of the newspaper, banker, big retailer, head of a local industry/union boss and maybe the mayor? Tesla is the local industry/union boss but Twitter is the newspaper, banker, retailer and mayor ... all in one. Only a genius can understand all the synergies that may accrue to Tesla from the Twitter acquisition. I am not that guy, but I'm smart enough to know that once operational, nobody with anything to lose will want to mess with Elon.

While we are a separate company from Twitter, SpaceX, Boring and Neuralink, I want Elon to share resources (when appropriate) so that we may all benefit from our unofficial membership in Musk Enterprises.

Like it or not, Tesla is becoming a subsidiary of 'Musk Enterprises.' Instead of 14 startups within Tesla, there are now potentially twice that many if you include Twitter.

If you grew up a hundred years ago who would be the most powerful people in town? The owner of the newspaper, banker, big retailer, head of a local industry/union boss and maybe the mayor? Tesla is the local industry/union boss but Twitter is the newspaper, banker, retailer and mayor ... all in one. Only a genius can understand all the synergies that may accrue to Tesla from the Twitter acquisition. I am not that guy, but I'm smart enough to know that once operational, nobody with anything to lose will want to mess with Elon.

While we are a separate company from Twitter, SpaceX, Boring and Neuralink, I want Elon to share resources (when appropriate) so that we may all benefit from our unofficial membership in Musk Enterprises.
The facts are independent of my liking or not liking it. Were the above to be the case, then Mr Musk need distribute shares of Twitter to shareholders of Tesla. Discuss. And include why you think the examples I provided are or are not appropriate in themselves, and apposite to the criticism I have.

The facts are independent of my liking or not liking it. Were the above to be the case, then Mr Musk need distribute shares of Twitter to shareholders of Tesla. Discuss. And include why you think the examples I provided are or are not appropriate in themselves, and apposite to the criticism I have.
I trust Elon to keep it fair. He understands that we have have different shareholders. In fact, I thought that Bot would be a great product long before it was announced. I was concerned though that it would not be a Tesla product. Elon could just as easily have started a new company that he owned 100% of to exploit the opportunity. Happy day for me when I learned that Tesla would be developing it.

@AudubonB It's not that the examples you provided aren't appropriate for the situation you describe, they're just not the situation at the company that shall not be named. If Elon asked an intern at Tesla to go wash his car and pick up his clothes at the dry cleaner (why he would sent jeans and tshirts there notwithstanding), that would indeed be inappropriate. But as far as I know he asked some of the brilliant SW engineers at Tesla to come visit him at the company that shall not be named to look over the SW there and give their opinions on it. SW engineers would jump at the chance to dissect another firms SW. Whether they were paid to do it is irrelevant, they were helping their boss fix a problem. It's like if I were a salaried staff member at a job I loved and my boss asked me to come help with a situation where I might be able to make a positive contribution, I would jump at the chance... if I did, while I might not get immediately rewarded, I would feel great and I'm confident my efforts would be remembered.

At least that's the way I see it...

Last edited:
We live in a simulation:

From an investment standpoint, I think people need to keep in mind that Elon's seeming focus with twitter is almost purely US domestic politics and conspiracy crap, while most of the rest of the world (which covers 2/3rds of Teslas's income) really doesn't much care if Elon and Alyssa Milano are having a dust-up over who's-the-bigger-evil-historical-german-activity supporter.

In other news, I do really wish folks could instantly see the difference between people _currently_ expressing support for nasty racist things, vs a business or government having been somehow related to it a century ago.

I recently learned something so bizarro. Apparrently Coke, the company created a whole brand for the Nazis, Fanta. They didn't care about the wars, the ideology, they just went about their merry way making the drink of choice for Nazi Germany. I'm gonna have rethink drinking so much Coke at this point after learning this...

I recently learned something so bizarro. Apparrently Coke, the company created a whole brand for the Nazis, Fanta. They didn't care about the wars, the ideology, they just went about their merry way making the drink of choice for Nazi Germany. I'm gonna have rethink drinking so much Coke at this point after learning this...

Why not switch to Pepsi?

That’s not quite how it happened. Coke’s German subsidiary created Fanta independently after it was cut by its parent during the war

The moderation team has decided to unlock this thread again, but stresses that you all strictly follow these rules:

- No personal attacks.
- No toxic political posts.
- No use of denigrating and demeaning language.
- No Twitter discussion in other threads than this one.

Breaking these rules can lead to your account being temporarily banned.

The moderating team can also decide to lock the thread again, at any time.

This is a slippery slope. Tesla supporters should not be tainting other car companies like this on Twitter. They should just ignore Alyssa Milano. VW’s emission cheating scandal is fair game but bringing up things that happened almost a century ago that have been acknowledged and litigated is unnecessary. It’s in no one’s best interest

Status
Not open for further replies.