Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's pretty clear that Elon has surrounded himself with alt-right loons. By default he takes whatever they tell him as truth. Sometimes he later retracts particularly egregious crap when called on it. He seems unaware of who Vindman actually is or what he's done, just that somebody he trusts told him that Vindman is bad.

It's hard to tell anything about what Elon actually thinks, as he seems to have been fed a pile of idiocy, considers it true, and reasons from there.

Truly sad to watch. I wonder if he can self-correct in time.
without a doubt. even more troublesome... he feels like he has to tweet / insult his way publicly as well. His personal convictions are one thing... sharing conspiracy theories - then deleting - sharing insults - then deleting is another... hugely damaging to the Tesla brand which is seen synonymous with Elon. He's worried about Vindman (puppeteer is dog whistle big time) ... but has no concerns whatsoever doing business with the CCP in China or ever spoken out in support of the anti covid lock down protests over there... gee.... just a tad inconsistent.

without a doubt. even more troublesome... he feels like he has to tweet / insult his way publicly as well. His personal convictions are one thing... sharing conspiracy theories - then deleting - sharing insults - then deleting is another... hugely damaging to the Tesla brand which is seen synonymous with Elon. He's worried about Vindman (puppeteer is dog whistle big time) ... but has no concerns whatsoever doing business with the CCP in China or ever spoken out in support of the anti covid lock down protests over there... gee.... just a tad inconsistent.
Exactly.

Even if these every barking "bots" bug him he doesn´t have to react.
Reacting on each and every distraction becomes a justification in the perception of shareholders.
It´s too easy now for the antipodes to trigger him and he gets triggered
every
single
time.

Exactly.

Reacting on each and every distraction becomes a justification in the perception of shareholders.
every
single
time.
well... at least we know that he sleeps next to a fake videogame prop revolver and a historic flint lock replica and lots of caffeine free diet coke.... things i really needed to know

Exactly.

every
single
time.
Elon takes criticism about as well as 45 ...

Because it's pretty clear that Elon has surrounded himself with alt-right loons. By default he takes whatever they tell him as truth. Sometimes he later retracts particularly egregious crap when called on it. He seems unaware of who Vindman actually is or what he's done, just that somebody he trusts told him that Vindman is bad.

It's hard to tell anything about what Elon actually thinks, as he seems to have been fed a pile of idiocy, considers it true, and reasons from there.

Truly sad to watch. I wonder if he can self-correct in time.
Unfortunately once sucked into a cult it is very difficult to get oneself out of it. I just watched an interview of Joe Walsh on Meidas Touch about that very thing. He gave up a lot to get his brain back (my words not his). Whether Musk will be willing or able to do that is still a mystery.

Exactly.

every
single
time.
Mod: leaving this here as an example of a post that will earn you a temporary ban. --ggr

Terrible response. Are you a "barking bot"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately once sucked into a cult it is very difficult to get oneself out of it. I just watched an interview of Joe Walsh on Meidas Touch about that very thing. He gave up a lot to get his brain back (my words not his). Whether Musk will be willing or able to do that is still a mystery.

Yeah, that's the problem.

One would hope that Elon's keen scientific mind would notice that he is repeatedly having to delete and disown the misinfo he'e being handed by the alt-right, and would react by "firing" them like an engineer who gives him bad telemetry on a Space-X rocket.

Alas, that does not appear to be happening - the pattern continues. And yes, this is seemingly normal for those who get sucked into the conspiracy crap, which is sad.

One would hope that Elon's keen scientific mind would notice that he is repeatedly having to delete and disown the misinfo he'e being handed by the alt-right, and would react by "firing" them like an engineer who gives him bad telemetry on a Space-X rocket.

Alas, that does not appear to be happening - the pattern continues. And yes, this is seemingly normal for those who get sucked into the conspiracy crap, which is sad.
Didn't he fire and had to ask workers to come back? He might be a visionary, but lately I'm left wondering if anything rational is going on behind those eyes.

Dang, having this thread locked was good for my mental health.
The real question is what kind of sicko drinks caffeine free Diet Coke?

There's a good item to have a lighthearted laugh on. You take Coke, and you basically remove.... everything giving you brown colored fizzy water that doesn't taste good or help you stay awake (which would be the two main reasons to drink regular coke). And it costs more to not have the stuff in it ;)

The Supreme Court has determined money is speech.

I'm not sure anyone except the most pathetic of sycophants is falling for this narrative from Elon.

Companies want ROI from their ad spend. Apple and others have determined it's not a good place to spend their ad dollars right now.

Instead of whining about free speech (a concept he's demonstrated he doesn't understand) maybe Elon should look in the mirror. This is a classic "hot dog, trying to find the guy who did this" meme scenario and Elon appears to not understand that.

That is kinda an interesting point. I think "money is free speech" is stupid, especially when applied to corporate "personhood", but it is the law of the land.

That makes Elon's rant about Apple's personal choice of where it spends money an Anti Free Speech stance. Irony thy name is Elon.

Welp, this is so frustrating to watch.
I keep thinking to myself, is there something we can do?
Can't we reach out to people whom Elon listens to and urge them to talk some sense into him?

That is kinda an interesting point. I think "money is free speech" is stupid, especially when applied to corporate "personhood", but it is the law of the land.

That makes Elon's rant about Apple's personal choice of where it spends money an Anti Free Speech stance. Irony thy name is Elon.
I think Elon is just trying to antagonize as many people as possible so he can claim retaliation when things don’t go his way. If Twitter fails it will because all these forces were aligned against him. I also expect to see more tweets about Twitter was beyond repair when he took over.

"If you don't spend money on the platform I spent $44bn to buy you're anti-free speech" is not something someone says if they actually care about / understand free speech.

Elon embarrasses himself more and more every day with this s*** show.

I think Elon is just trying to antagonize as many people as possible so he can claim retaliation when things don’t go his way. If Twitter fails it will because all these forces were aligned against him. I also expect to see more tweets about Twitter was beyond repair when he took over.

I think it's even simpler - that he thinks he's right, he's operating at an emotional vs scientific mode, and he's simply mad at the advertisers without thinking it thru that they have rights to free speech which was supposedly what he was crusading on.

Status
Not open for further replies.