Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To think that the fate of civilization rests on whether Elon can shame Apple into begrudgingly advertising on Twitter.
I thought he realized people who subscribed to Twitter through Apple would actually be paying 30% of $8 to Apple.

That is the problem here.

ps :

LOL.

Apple Employees : 97.5% Dem
Tesla Employees : 93.9% Dem

1669690322868.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
It would be really helpful, if he would explain why he deletes a tweet, when he does it. Is that even a feature in Twitter? Personally I struggle when I see what I think is a way off-base tweet, from Elon or others, and I have found the Community Notes feature to extremely helpful. I made a point of rating it highly for each of the times this occurred.

I like the practice here on TMC of explaining a dislike. It contributes to the discussion. I think explaining a deletion is similar.

I'm sure it's in the long to-do list somewhere down there ...

What most people even here in the TMC threads don't grok is that Elon is transforming Twitter into an "automatic" platform, which only needs a cadre of "good" engineers to maintain -. And some minimal support staff, legal HR etc. But all in Tesla /SpaceX style

What most people even here in the TMC threads don't grok is that Elon is transforming Twitter into an "automatic" platform, which only needs a cadre of "good" engineers to maintain -. And some minimal support staff, legal HR etc. But all in Tesla /SpaceX style
Yes .... but that is not how social media works. Something that Youtube / FB etc have figured out a long time back.

Yes .... but that is not how social media works. Something that Youtube / FB etc have figured out a long time back.

Where have I heard this argument before . . .

Oh yeah, now I remember. When Elon set out to build the best CAR in the world, which happens to be an EV. And when Elon set out to build the best ROCKETS in the world . . .

Actually the first issue was he thought they might ban Twitter app.
That came up after. Check the timeline.

And look, if true, I don't agree with that choice by Apple. But who knows. Elon promised to put this info out for all to see. If he doesn't, I'm inclined to believe he's either making things up or playing loose with the truth.

Apple collecting $2.40 off of each $8 seems to be bothering Elon. It is surprising he was unaware they took a cut. Or maybe he was aware but just likes the idea of a public war of words. Who knows.
Won't be surprised at all if he didn't know / realize the importance.

Apparently, he didn't know how difficult it was to build AVs, for eg.

Apple collecting $2.40 off of each $8 seems to be bothering Elon. It is surprising he was unaware they took a cut. Or maybe he was aware but just likes the idea of a public war of words. Who knows.

Not - Apple shot first (and Google was probably waiting in the wings) : Elon: " Apple has also threatened to withhold Twitter from its App Store, but won’t tell us why" and his meme response - whadaya expect?

EMSK.Twitter.gotowar.jpg

Just because you can do X with something, doesn't mean you can do everything with that something.

Poor argument. The guy STARTED with an internet company, people said he couldn't do cars and rockets.

He proved them wrong.

Now you want us to believe he can't come full circle and do an internet company?

giphy2.gif

Of course he's aware, he's been saying similar things long before he bought twitter, it's just Musk haters will latch into anything in order to make him look bad, really pathetic.

Last edited:
Of course he's aware, he's been saying similar things long before he bought twitter, it's just Musk haters will latch into anything in order to make him look bad, really pathetic.

Elon is being adventurous on gray zone no man’s land territory because a lot of dissidents could criticize FSD to be overcharged by Tesla too and it could backfire.

I understand taking a 30% cut on developers work is a lot but criticizing it openly might bring haters out more and more

• Funny
Musk really needs to give this free speech crap a rest. He is not a free speech absolutist at least not where Chinese dissidents are concerned
I think most of us know by now "free speech" is just a "fig leaf" for whatever nonsense Elon wants.

He is banning leftist accounts with zero transparency. He won't even address questions posed to him about this from accounts with very large accounts (but will amplify alt-right / Nazi accounts that even conservative politicians won't touch with a barge pole).

I understand taking a 30% cut on developers work is a lot but criticizing it openly might bring haters out more and more
I think criticizing 30% cut is fine - probably over due.

One issue is apparently every platform does that - iphone, Android, X-Box, Playstation etc etc.

Second, now it just comes across as Elon not wanting to pay 30% of $8. I think it would be fair for Twitter to charge $11 if you subscribe using Apple - and $8 directly on Twitter website (in the future).

ps : Fake, but funny.

1669693979737.png

I think criticizing 30% cut is fine - probably over due.

One issue is apparently every platform does that - iphone, Android, X-Box, Playstation etc etc.

Second, now it just comes across as Elon not wanting to pay 30% of $8. I think it would be fair for Twitter to charge $11 if you subscribe using Apple - and $8 directly on Twitter website (in the future).
$11.43 actually.

Reactions: cdub
I'm sure it's in the long to-do list somewhere down there ...

I see the business logic in that - thanks for elucidating. But if I take his stated goal/vision of a town center for discussion and debate of ideas as being true, then lots of tools have to be in place to promote that. And at least for now, the AI isn’t good enough to perform all those functions. And now I’m going to contradict myself (at least I’m calling it out), AI or a board of people would IMHO be a better choice than having Elon trying to be the current arbiter. Seems a tad ironic that he isn’t seeing this given the central feature needed to have an open market for ideas and expression is not having a personal bias, but how can he not? And back to my original point. Especially because he is who he is - for this business, IMHO, he should explain the “why” of his statements/actions, which means explaining tweet deletions. Isn’t that being transparent?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.