Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twitter is no longer enforcing its Covid misinformation policy

Twitter did not appear to formally announce the rule change. Instead, some Twitter users Monday night spotted a note added to the page on Twitter’s website that outlines its Covid policy.

“Effective November 23, 2022, Twitter is no longer enforcing the COVID-19 misleading information policy,” the note read.
….
he said in a New York Times podcast interview with technology journalist Kara Swisher in September 2020 that he would not get vaccinated because, “I’m not at risk for Covid, nor are my kids.”

When Swisher confronted Musk with the possibility that many people could die if they didn’t follow public health recommendations, he replied bluntly: “Everybody dies.”

Twitter did not appear to formally announce the rule change. Instead, some Twitter users Monday night spotted a note added to the page on Twitter’s website that outlines its Covid policy.

“Effective November 23, 2022, Twitter is no longer enforcing the COVID-19 misleading information policy,” the note read.
….
he said in a New York Times podcast interview with technology journalist Kara Swisher in September 2020 that he would not get vaccinated because, “I’m not at risk for Covid, nor are my kids.”

When Swisher confronted Musk with the possibility that many people could die if they didn’t follow public health recommendations, he replied bluntly: “Everybody dies.”
This should be a relief to many in high posts as they were guilty of misinformation.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdub and thx1139
Futures heading down for some reason.
IMO we should be prepared to see some rather wild near-term swings in the Market and with TSLA as Elon prepares to share some potentially indicting files with the public. And if this is Bob Woodward/Carl Bernstein level stuff as he has eluded to, then we might want to hang on to our hats, lay low, and HODL.
This could shake the Market

🍿🍿

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great podcast covering Elon & Twitter from Kara Swisher's perspective, which I think mirrors a lot of people's opinions here on the topic.

I recommend everyone on this thread listen to or read it, and try putting yourself in Kara's shoes for a minute.
Well if she doesn't want to be on Elon's bad side, maybe she shouldn't promote the lies from Semafor about SBF having invested in the new twitter:
And she didn't really defended Elon Musk in the Oct 15 tweet about DoD paying for Ukraine's Starlink, in fact she argued back against someone who's defending Elon:
I'm not sure Elon would bother to read replies several levels down, in which case he may instead saw her retweeting this reply:
This is about as far from a "good summation" as it gets, since for starters, it implies Elon is creating "drama" in this case while in reality SpaceX asked DoD *privately*, and its request was leaked by a traitor inside DoD to the press, Elon did not in any way created drama in this case.

Finally, she wants Elon to apologize for retweeting something which he later deleted, how about she and all the other Musk haters apologize for their lies about Elon first?

Apple's ecosystem charge is similar to what Simon (of mall and retail fame) does. They not only charge base rent, they charge a percentage of revenue. I have a friend who was going to put one of his restaurants in an upscale Simon outdoor mall but when he realized he'd have to share almost 10% of his profits with them, on top of rent.. he was out.

I get the concept - they are providing the capacity for you to reach consumers and boost revenue, and for that they want a piece. But I also understand why people balk at both of them.

44 billion is a bargain for the worlds largest megaphone if you think about it.
Well-
from this
Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-29 um 15.41.37.jpg

to that in three weeks, that went fast:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-29 um 15.51.18.jpg

Last edited:

….

Wow, keep the lies coming: Musk tells TIME he and his eligible children are vaccinated and that “the science is unequivocal,”

IMO we should be prepared to see some rather wild near-term swings in the Market and with TSLA as Elon prepares to share some potentially indicting files with the public. And if this is Bob Woodward/Carl Bernstein level stuff as he has eluded to, then we might want to hang on to our hats, lay low, and HODL. This could shake the Market

🍿🍿

I don't see Twitters former moderation policies as market moving.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO we should be prepared to see some rather wild near-term swings in the Market and with TSLA as Elon prepares to share some potentially indicting files with the public. And if this is Bob Woodward/Carl Bernstein level stuff as he has eluded to, then we might want to hang on to our hats, lay low, and HODL. This could shake the Market.

It’s interesting he hasn’t posted it yet. Trying to make targets sweat a little? Maybe some back room negotiations? Or, it is a big nothing burger as these things tend to be.

If he said that on a podcast what exactly are the lies? It's good that he was able to accept the science and change his mind.
Because there's this thing called lying by omission. Also I believe - although I don't have time to find it - he later explained that he said he wouldn't take the vaccine at that time because the supply is limited, and those vaccine should be given to the elderly and who really need it.

Yeah the original response when he said he will not get vaccinated because not only were vaccines not approved by the FDA, but it's best to let those who are at risk of dying from Covid get it first. There's not enough data back then if a future vaccine can work and the world haven't experienced Delta, the worst Covid variant. So taking a quote from a moment in time without context is misleading.

This is a great podcast covering Elon & Twitter from Kara Swisher's perspective, which I think mirrors a lot of people's opinions here on the topic.

I recommend everyone on this thread listen to or read it, and try putting yourself in Kara's shoes for a minute.
I could tell from the last time Swisher interviewed Elon several years ago that she hated him even then. She kept asking annoying gotcha questions that Tesla investors are very familiar with.

I could tell from the last time Swisher interviewed Elon several years ago that she hated him even then. She kept asking annoying gotcha questions that Tesla investors are very familiar with.
"Gotcha" questions, really? That's what we're going with now? A good interviewer will ask some challenging questions, hardly means they "hate" someone.

"Gotcha" questions, really? That's what we're going with now? A good interviewer will ask some challenging questions, hardly means they "hate" someone.
"Gotcha" questions are not good questions. Typically they are "leading" questions. "How do you explain all the Teslas that have caught on fire?" is a "gotcha" question. It's not a challenging question to answer because Tesla didn't do anything wrong like purposely adding substances in their cars to make them catch on fire more than usual. So there's nothing controversy about it besides forcing you to be defensive by saying "well gas cars catches on fire 10x more". But you see how even with a correct response, it doesn't paint Tesla in a positive light because..gotcha!.

Status
Not open for further replies.