Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lora "Presstitute" Kolodny was caught with her pants down. Thanks to Twitter.

Reason # 476213 on why media hates Twitter and wants to kill it.

1680228874234.png

• Love
  • Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke and B@ndit

View attachment 923287
The article is discussing Wood Mackenzie's report, which says precisely this. What pants are down? The reporter or the report? And what data do we have to ensure that the report is wrong?

Reactions: B@ndit and JRP3

View attachment 923287
Not sure why you don't just link the twitter thread so that people can actually see the conversation?

Basically Tesla fired their PR department so the media has no one to ask for comment (which they did in this case also), so obviously they will just run with the numbers they have (it's one of the expected cons of not having a PR department). Tesla so far have not responded with actual numbers to the contrary either.

You are not going to comment? I will go ahead with my hit piece. Great journalism.

There was a time Tesla had a PR dept and was responding diligently, I believe the hit pieces were even more then than now. It doesn't matter. A dedicated media that is only looking for negative angle will manufacture one. I am not new to this Rodeo. I have been watching this media Tesla dance since 2013. The best response to media inquiries is Poop emoji.

Not too long ago this same individual wrote a news item on a fire in a parking lot in NJ and blamed it on Tesla Super chargers recently installed there. The fire marshal report the next day clearly identified a different non-Tesla equipment a bit away from Tesla chargers. She was called out for lying, but I don't think these presstitutes care. That report was never corrected.

Not convinced? Twitter to the rescue

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke and B@ndit
Not sure why you don't just link the twitter thread so that people can actually see the conversation?

Basically Tesla fired their PR department so the media has no one to ask for comment (which they did in this case also), so obviously they will just run with the numbers they have (it's one of the expected cons of not having a PR department). Tesla so far have not responded with actual numbers to the contrary either.
Of course most of the Twitter replies are referring to all Tesla solar installs, not specifically the solar roof product.

I do wonder how many solar roofs they have sold & installed.

Wood Mackenzie is specifically an energy research and consultancy firm, CNBC doesn't do that kind of detailed research and is reporting on Wood Mackenzie's report. Seems like CNBC did their part in trying to get Tesla's comment in response to the report, which they decided not to provide but then opted to quote the CNBC post on Twitter and refute it while providing no further details lol

Does that not strike anyone as... like I don't know, not the right way to approach something? Maybe I'm way off base.

Wood Mackenzie is specifically an energy research and consultancy firm, CNBC doesn't do that kind of detailed research and is reporting on Wood Mackenzie's report. Seems like CNBC did their part in trying to get Tesla's comment in response to the report, which they decided not to provide but then opted to quote the CNBC post on Twitter and refute it while providing no further details lol

Does that not strike anyone as... like I don't know, not the right way to approach something? Maybe I'm way off base.
This approach is a minimalist form of controlling the narrative. Tesla gets to ignore media questions on a topic entirely, or later call BS on something and not offer details on why it thinks its wrong... And only highlight good news about the company. It’s about as far from transparent as possible and on net, is bad for the company’s image, but that’s how Elon rolls.
But make no mistake, in its own way, Tesla is still engaging in kinda typical marketing BS.

You are not going to comment? I will go ahead with my hit piece. Great journalism.
They base it on Wood Mackenzie's report, it's not like they pull it out of nowhere. If the company in question does not respond, obviously they run the story. It makes zero sense to withhold stories when companies don't respond, otherwise plenty of scammers and companies in bad faith would use that tactic to silence any critical pieces on them. They can always update the story when the company decides to respond (with CNBC did in this case also).
There was a time Tesla had a PR dept and was responding diligently, I believe the hit pieces were even more then than now. It doesn't matter. A dedicated media that is only looking for negative angle will manufacture one. I am not new to this Rodeo. I have been watching this media Tesla dance since 2013. The best response to media inquiries is Poop emoji.
As another mentioned, Tesla PR didn't really respond diligently either when it was around, but it was better than nothing.
Not too long ago this same individual wrote a news item on a fire in a parking lot in NJ and blamed it on Tesla Super chargers recently installed there. The fire marshal report the next day clearly identified a different non-Tesla equipment a bit away from Tesla chargers. She was called out for lying, but I don't think these presstitutes care. That report was never corrected.

Not convinced? Twitter to the rescue

I looked at the report, it was the police themselves that said it was the Tesla supercharger station that caught fire: "I was advised that the Tesla Motors charging station was on fire and observed flames coming from the equipment located at the corner of the property (New Rd/Edwards Rd)." The Wawa spokesperson said "Tesla had an issue with their cabinet and the power has been shut off while they are investigating. Our store was unaffected as it is on a completely separate power line."

CNBC was just reporting what others were saying. It's not like they were making things up.

Last edited:

View attachment 923287

The fact that Tesla had been doing poorly on Solar roofs is not a secret to even a casual observer. Musk himself mentioned in one of the earnings calls on the technical challenges they have been facing in umpteen number of different shaped roofs.

But it is nice to see a perpetual lying pos being called out.
Lmao, a second ago you were calling this reporter a presstitute because some social media manager at tesla solar responded to her article with “this is wrong by a large margin” with absolutely no evidence of that. You bought that response without even questioning it. Then after getting called out on how silly your opinion this was a hit piece all of the sudden it’s “The fact that Tesla had been doing poorly on solar roofs IS NOT A SECRET”

Status
Not open for further replies.