Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

With Elons latest tweet, it’s fairly clear that he would not moderate fairly. The original concept of pissing off 20% of the left and 20% of the rate is a little more reasoned. But his latest tweet points out falsely that the left has moved way more to the left and the right has moved to the right. There’s plenty of data to show that that’s not correct at all. Certainly both sides have moved apart, but when it comes to actual policies and rhetoric the right has moved much farther to the right than the left is moved to the left.

Right now, the idea of showing no bias would be a good thing. But instead to show bias towards one side is going to complicate the idea of moderating fairly even that much more. As I’ve said before, this whole thing is a train wreck and Elon is not going to come out ahead.
Not clear to me, Elon's comment on 20% is area under the curve, not width. So the extremes are less impactful than the median.
FWIW:

Not clear to me, Elon's comment on 20% is area under the curve, not width. So the extremes are less impactful than the median.
FWIW:

Are you asking if they are legal and/or should be allowed on Twitter? (Yes, they are definitely legal in the US. And based on what Elon has said about free speech, I assume he would think them 'ok' on the new Twitter as they are both perfectly legal.)
Calling for the overthrow of the US government is illegal in the US. The penalty is a fine and imprisonment for no more than 20 years.

18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

This page was the first hit when I did a search for "calling for the overthrow of the US government" which I copied from the original post.

With Elons latest tweet, it’s fairly clear that he would not moderate fairly.
Oh the irony! It appears Musk fell for a false right-wing narrative. Perhaps if his social media had moderated lies better, he would not have fallen for this one. This is not a good look (except for people who believe this lie. For them it's great!)

What is the linkage function between conservative vs liberal spectrum (Elon's post) and GOP vs DP (congressional makeup)?
Did I miss something in the Tweet chain?

It's more polite and accurate to say misinformed. Which is tragicomic (sad and hilarious).

I deleted my post. While I have great respect for what he has achieved, I have no faith in his ability to be serious and continue to improve things at Tesla. No faith.

With this tweet, he proves that even the most intelligent minds can be corrupted. Peter Thiel must have done a number on him.

1651186231353.png

With Elons latest tweet, it’s fairly clear that he would not moderate fairly. The original concept of pissing off 20% of the left and 20% of the rate is a little more reasoned. But his latest tweet points out falsely that the left has moved way more to the left and the right has moved to the right. There’s plenty of data to show that that’s not correct at all. Certainly both sides have moved apart, but when it comes to actual policies and rhetoric the right has moved much farther to the right than the left is moved to the left.

Right now, the idea of showing no bias would be a good thing. But instead to show bias towards one side is going to complicate the idea of moderating fairly even that much more. As I’ve said before, this whole thing is a train wreck and Elon is not going to come out ahead.

I think Elon has been seeing more the ultra-right tweets than the center or left. Economically Elon is on the right - he is a kind of right libertarian in terms of ideology. But - Elon doesn't really understand ideology well. The whole right-left single axis thing is a very poor representation of real world.

Reagan would not be able to win the Republican primary now - but among Dems, we see moderates like Hillary and Biden regularly win the primary. Climate Change was accepted by the 2008 GOP candidate as real - now almost the entire party rejects Climate Change is an issue.

Anyway, there is unambiguous data to show that the right has moved more than the left.

So - either Elon can have his free speech "town square" or a healthy, prosperous "town square". He can't have both. Afterall how many of us would go to a place that is full of "riffraff" going at each other using abusive, foul language ?

I believe society used to have both. That's the problem. It's not a Twitter specific problem though, it's a societal problem. The ability to have a civilized disagreement gets harder to do the more we stop acting like humans and continue acting like animals.

Calling for the overthrow of the US government is illegal in the US. The penalty is a fine and imprisonment for no more than 20 years.

18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

This page was the first hit when I did a search for "calling for the overthrow of the US government" which I copied from the original post.
That’s not correct. Read it again.

I can call for the overthrow of government all I want, I just can’t call to overthrow it by force or violence…big distinction.

This is a perfect example of misinformation that gets posted and then promoted but wouldn’t get censored on twitter nor should it. The poster and promoters should be called out for their lack of reading comprehension for all to see.

Reactions: dhrivnak
That’s not correct. Read it again.

I can call for the overthrow of government all I want, I just can’t call to overthrow it by force or violence…big distinction.

This is a perfect example of misinformation that gets posted and then promoted but wouldn’t get censored on twitter nor should it. The poster and promoters should be called out for their lack of reading comprehension for all to see.

Speaking of reading comprehension, maybe dictionaries have a liberal bias, too?

o·ver·throw
verb
/ˌōvərˈTHrō/

1. remove forcibly from power.
    "military coups which had attempted to overthrow the King"

2. throw (a ball) further or harder than intended.
    "he grips the ball too tight and overthrows it"

Reactions: BitJam
Multiple replies, with sources, showing Elons claim is backward, examples-
Here is my hypothesis .... starting with Covid when Elon went to the dark side, he has fallen into the sphere of influence of alt-right. He just uncritically repeats their tweets. This is a classic example.

Zero data, zero thinking ... when is he changing is Climate Change stance ?

Speaking of reading comprehension, maybe dictionaries have a liberal bias, too?

o·ver·throw
verb
/ˌōvərˈTHrō/

1. remove forcibly from power.
    "military coups which had attempted to overthrow the King"

2. throw (a ball) further or harder than intended.
    "he grips the ball too tight and overthrows it"
Yes agree. Calling for and actually doing said thing are very different.

Reactions: Beltsbear
Status
Not open for further replies.