Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the story? Hunter Biden dropped a laptop off at a repair shop and never picked it back up? Is this supposed to be a crime?

You know very well that it is the stuff in the laptop that is the crime. A crime so large that the media was desparate to portray it as planted, by Russian agents. The repair man lost his shop as a result.

Actually, handing over the laptop to someone else seems to be a crime ...., right ?

You're just gaslighting now.

If it is a crime (as it may well be), then persecute it as such. Instead, the problem is that the media desperately tried to show that this was NOT Hunter's laptop, and cancelled every story trying to discuss this - including on Twitter (to make this relevant to the thread). Wonder why ;-)

Actually, handing over the laptop to someone else seems to be a crime ...., right ?

As with most things, the devil is in the details. HB never came back to claim the laptop, and per the contract he signed and applicable law, that gave the shop owner every right to go into the laptop.

I deal with this several times a year, customers that stop paying for servers. Once an applicable period passes, they have NO RIGHTS to the data they left behind, because they have a past-due invoice for services performed. That gives us the right to go in and clean out the server, etc. etc.

It's like the digital equivalent of the repo man and you didn't pay your car bill for months on end. You don't get to come back and complain about what you left in the car at the time the tow-truck showed up and took it away.

I want to thank everyone here for helping to build Exhibit A of why TMC has a no politics rule. Keep the evidence flowing!

I think an interesting part of this thread includes the idea that Elon will work to try to lower the amount of disinformation on Twitter. It's a laudable goal, and I think it's unlikely to succeed as long as Russia finances their disinformation campaigns. But we can never count Elon out, he's got a decent track record.

I also think that in general, people do not understand the magnitude of this campaign, that literally every social site on the internet is bombarded with false and misleading information on a daily basis.

Here's an analysis that talks about how Elon might be able to succeed. Bonus points for being related to TSLA investments.

You know very well that it is the stuff in the laptop that is the crime. A crime so large that the media was desparate to portray it as planted, by Russian agents. The repair man lost his shop as a result.

A crime so large that no one can even describe how large it is. But I've heard people say that it is Huge! The biggest ever. In the history of crimes it is the most crimey of them all. People are saying.

All media - NYT, WSJ, LAT, Bloomberg, BI, WaPo, NyPo et al - are all GARBAGE.

They get soundbites from the usual naysayers who have been perpetually wrong close to 100% of the time, but still these outfits make a story out of their farts, just to push a hit piece. This time it was Ashwath Damodaran the NYU prof, who has been perennially wrong on everything he bad mouthed on Tesla.

All media - NYT, WSJ, LAT, Bloomberg, BI, WaPo, NyPo et al - are all GARBAGE.

They get soundbites from the usual naysayers who have been perpetually wrong close to 100% of the time, but still these outfits make a story out of their farts, just to push a hit piece. This time it was Ashwath Damodaran the NYU prof, who has been perennially wrong on everything he bad mouthed on Tesla.
Well, the article is correct that the stock has dropped from about 1150 pre Twitter to about 850. I think this does indicate some lack of confidence in Tesla due to the distraction of Elon's quest for free speech.
Also the fact that Elon has been dumping TSLA.
I personally am heavily invested in TSLA and I am worried. Elon is not doing anyone any favors here.

Well, the article is correct that the stock has dropped from about 1150 pre Twitter to about 850. I think this does indicate some lack of confidence in Tesla due to the distraction of Elon's quest for free speech.
Also the fact that Elon has been dumping TSLA.
I personally am heavily invested in TSLA and I am worried. Elon is not doing anyone any favors here.

Problem is that article attributes the drop in stock price to JUST this event.

Takes no account for the fact that during the same time period the entire market has been circling the toilet. When you look at the market as a whole, and other tech companies specifically, TSLA has actually had some relative strength.

Problem is that article attributes the drop in stock price to JUST this event.

Takes no account for the fact that during the same time period the entire market has been circling the toilet. When you look at the market as a whole, and other tech companies specifically, TSLA has actually had some relative strength.
From TFA:
But it has fallen 24 percent since the disclosure early last month that Mr. Musk had taken a sizable stake in Twitter, a period in which the S&P 500 has declined 9.5 percent.

Twitter could distract Mr. Musk from running the car company and his other businesses. That risk is especially acute if managing the platform becomes a headache and leads to controversies that are distracting or alienate potential Tesla customers.

Some shareholders say Mr. Musk’s off-the-cuff posts on Twitter — he once drew comparisons between Justin Trudeau, the prime minister of Canada, and Hitler — have already damaged Tesla.
“The guy has said so many controversial things,” said Kristin Hull, founder and chief executive of Nia Impact Capital, a fund in Oakland, Calif., that invests in companies with a positive social impact. “Are they distractions? Are they confusing? Has he interfered with the stock value through his tweets? Absolutely.”

From TFA:
But it has fallen 24 percent since the disclosure early last month that Mr. Musk had taken a sizable stake in Twitter, a period in which the S&P 500 has declined 9.5 percent.

Twitter could distract Mr. Musk from running the car company and his other businesses. That risk is especially acute if managing the platform becomes a headache and leads to controversies that are distracting or alienate potential Tesla customers.

Some shareholders say Mr. Musk’s off-the-cuff posts on Twitter — he once drew comparisons between Justin Trudeau, the prime minister of Canada, and Hitler — have already damaged Tesla.
“The guy has said so many controversial things,” said Kristin Hull, founder and chief executive of Nia Impact Capital, a fund in Oakland, Calif., that invests in companies with a positive social impact. “Are they distractions? Are they confusing? Has he interfered with the stock value through his tweets? Absolutely.”

That's a false comparison. TSLA has never traded in line with the S&P. It has a beta of about 2-2.5X the S&P. When you multiple the drop in the times TSLA's beta, you get similar drops.

So, the article is again a nothingburger designed to promote FUD about Elon and Tesla.

Status
Not open for further replies.