Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ok to admit Elon makes contradictory statements lol
Literally like every human being yes. So you literally believe everything the guy says to be true or are you just deciding that this quote works for you in this instance so it must be true? Can't have it both ways because it you take literally everything he says as fact then let's just start going down the list of all the stuff he has said that hasn't happened. Same thing here. Sure he said it isn't for the money or I guess based on your copy/paste. Having said that are you really that gullible, naive or just have no clue that a person is going to spend $44B as a charity and not treat it as a business.

But they are saying they have MORE real users than he assumed. So it seems like that’s the opposite of what you’re suggesting.
The issue with Twitter is not limited to fake users and spam bots. There are also accounts that haven't been used in a long time. These social media companies rarely purge inactive users because it hurts their advertising revenue.

Reactions: 30seconds
The issue with Twitter is not limited to fake users and spam bots. There are also accounts that haven't been used in a long time. These social media companies rarely purge inactive users because it hurts their advertising revenue.
I'm assuming that's why they delineated "active, daily monetizable users" in the disclosure. That removes those inactive users from the calculus.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV and JRP3
  • Funny
Reactions: DarkandStormy

Thought he wasn't doing it to make money, but to preserve free speech? Odd.
All it means is that his motive for investing is not to make himself money.

Doesn't mean that he's OK with losing money, or that he'd try to run it as a non-profit, given that there are other investors.

Literally like every human being yes. So you literally believe everything the guy says to be true or are you just deciding that this quote works for you in this instance so it must be true? Can't have it both ways because it you take literally everything he says as fact then let's just start going down the list of all the stuff he has said that hasn't happened. Same thing here. Sure he said it isn't for the money or I guess based on your copy/paste. Having said that are you really that gullible, naive or just have no clue that a person is going to spend $44B as a charity and not treat it as a business.

Elon treats all of his businesses like businesses, if nothing else in the sense that they need to be able to pay their own way. In the early days that means a path to paying their own way, but I'm convinced that he sees the necessity for real change to also be economic.

That doesn't mean that he chooses his businesses on the basis of their ability to make him money.

I take him at his word that his mission with Twitter is for it to be a platform for an inclusive arena for free speech. He see's free speech as being essential to a well functioning society. That doesn't mean he's looking for it to be government funded or a charity - he is also expecting it to be a money making business.

As he is somebody that has twice, successfully, built businesses in industries where the old joke "how do you become a millionaire? start off as a billionaire and start a <car | rocket> company" applies, I trust that he'll also make Twitter adequately economic (not necessarily as profitable as Facebook / Google / ..) to satisfy that part of the equation.

The other industry I've heard this joke for is airlines - maybe he'll start one of those as well when the current plane makers are insufficiently aggressive about electrifying air transport, or the companies that operate those airplanes don't adopt electric planes as quickly as needed. Or a ship building firm when the ship builders don't electrify as quickly as he thinks they should.

I looked at Elon's followers. Way more than 5% - I think. Many only follow Elon, have never tweeted, account locked and were setup in May this year. Interestingly, my account shares the first two of these qualities...

Assuming these are bots, what is their purpose if they are not spamming?

I then looked for spamming on an Elon tweet and couldn't see any (quick look only). Twitter already seemed to have done a good job suppressing the Doge spammers which was such a problem a year ago.

Great read! Here is on of many highlights:
"Elon Musk seems to have decided he has a better grasp on the vagaries of social media and content moderation than everyone who has run a platform before him. His statements on how he'll run Twitter constantly betray a blindness to how complicated that will actually be, and a Trumpian assurance that he must know best."

Same as f ex the robotaxis are coming before new year, or was it new year two years ago? Oh, and the roboguy in a couple of years.
He thinks his audience is not smart enough to see through it. And thats because his cult applauds everything, even if its just a fine fart.

Risky to only be around "yes" people. They make you think you are smarter than you really are.

Great read! Here is on of many highlights:
"Elon Musk seems to have decided he has a better grasp on the vagaries of social media and content moderation than everyone who has run a platform before him. His statements on how he'll run Twitter constantly betray a blindness to how complicated that will actually be, and a Trumpian assurance that he must know best."

Same as f ex the robotaxis are coming before new year, or was it new year two years ago? Oh, and the roboguy in a couple of years.
He thinks his audience is not smart enough to see through it. And thats because his cult applauds everything, even if its just a fine fart.

Risky to only be around "yes" people. They make you think you are smarter than you really are.

Close friend of mine was a senior VP at Tesla for several years. For fact, Elon NEVER likes yes-men. He HATES laziness, and doesn't respect people that won't challenge him.

More than anything, it looks like Twitter employees have had a pretty easy ride for years, and are terrified that they might be forced into a harder work ethic. Appears to be a recurrent problem in silicon valley:

and a Trumpian assurance that he must know best."
We can call it whatever we want but peeling back the onion this is the sole reason EVERYONE that is against this deal is losing their ever loving minds. Just a WAG and based on the posts here 90% of the Tesla owners and fans are left with many far left and this just makes them crazy. Any person from any company they can't do without that has even one sliver of like, fondness or at minimum doesn't think Trump as an alien is going crazy, bonkers and trying their hardest to put some spin on this thing that it is such a bad idea.

If you all think that firmly about the issues with Elon, his values and his willingness to allow Trump back on Twitter then put your money where your mouth is. Sell your Tesla and cancel your Twitter account if you are that upset. No use belly aching over it. Life is too short. I have with many of my favorite things. When companies decide to pick a side then they run that chance. I donated every last Nike item and haven't spent one dime on that POS company the day they wanted to support who I feel is a worthless human in Kapernick. There are a couple other companies as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.