Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no doubt that such was "coming" -- it was only a matter of time -- expect more as this plays out. btw: this instance is an anonymous source reporting on behalf of an anonymous "friend".
I think it is "natural". It doesn't make it more or less real, though.

Victims always come forward when the perpetrator is running for an office or is in the news in a big way. It just brings back all those old memories and the victims want revenge / justice. Its natural. Just remember how many people came forward once the Catholic Church allegations went public.

Anyway, it should be easy for Tesla / SpaceX to say that nothing like that happened, they never paid anything to anyone and release anyone from NDA. Then, the other party can come forward and show the receipts, if its real.

Except any such NDA/confidentiality agreement goes both ways. The company (adn Elon) should not be talking about the alleged issue, either.
That depends on the actual NDA / contract structure. We've all signed a lot of NDAs (regarding company technology / projects) - they only stipulate that we don't disclose the details. Nothing about the company not disclosing details they see fit.

It seems like someone has the receipts to prove it either way.

Here's the thing though when assessing these sort of accusations. What I've noticed is that a sex offender rarely has one victim. Something like this comes up and you'll usually see a string of similar stories pop up. i.e. Bill Cosby.

Or you'll see no other stories come up, i.e. Brett Kavanaugh.( I don't mind to bring politics into it but it's the only example I could think of)

I'm not trying to defend Musk here but at this point the incident, if it did happen, could have been a misunderstanding.

We all see this coming slow train-wreck.

"I didn't know this was so difficult".

As an engineer formerly primarily involved in semiconductor design verification, I have been saying for a long time, that FSD in real world is a very large verification space, near impossible to get good coverage on.

I thought Elon was much smarter than me, and had much smarter engineers than me, looking at the problem. So , I had said to myself, maybe I am wrong, I don’t know what Tesla knows. 😏

Sigh.

Reactions: Dave EV
OK, keep your head in the sand.

AT BEST Biden's administration is a classic "passive aggressive" . . . with constant undermining of the world-leader in EVs and renewable technology.

Question now comes down to . . . why are you defending this administration?
Dems:
Did a deal with UAW/Detroit for votes. They cannot mention or promote Tesla. It explains why the ONLY call out Musk when deriding the very real issues about tax and income inequity. This is a tell. Other billionaires are actively dismantling democracy and corrupting our govt with dirty money, all the way up to the SCOTUS. Many, if not most, are due to commodities they control like oil, gas and utilities. Those companies are multi-nationals who have deep tentacles into politics for control globally. Nobody is worse than Exxon in this regard, but the Koch's and many others are in the same pool. Mercer, Thiel have jumped in too...there is overlap with military industrial complex which now includes cyber. I think I understand why the Dems act as they do about Musk and Tesla...and NEVER act this way about SpaceX. The media, mostly advertising driven, have published lies about Tesla and Musk for a decade. (again though...not spaceX...another tell about their malicious efforts and why, likely by whom)

GOP:
I don't understand Musk:GOP pivot. I get CA vs TX regulation and taxes but the entire US Dems are not CA. I get maybe a little pivot to sell cars and the CT to right-wingers but his comments and actions blow way past any centrist/moderate GOP position. And this camp IS THE OIL CORPS he is disrupting. There is zero reason to jump into their bed. They will continue to block his aspirations at every turn, in every State and City they can. It makes zero sense to pivot like this. He is retweeting with lies to Cernovich and Jim Jordan. There is no reason to do this. Even if he really did care about free speech (he couches the issue wrong) and social justice, he has no reason to jump into the MAGA lies about laptops, Steele...all the old crap that has been debunked but the RW propagandists continue to blow a "firehose of *sugar*" at all of us.

My belief, and it's just coming out, is that Musk fell for a honeypot scheme. Probably many of them. He likes his ladies and his partying, or did when younger. These operations to compromise major global leaders are no secret. He's had a target on his back, just like one the UAW has gone after too. (Did you know UAW used similar racism allegations to try and bust Toyota factory in GA a few years ago? Interesting huh?)

Recall other prominent people who out of nowhere began tweeting and retweeting far right-wing disinformation like Lindsay Graham. This is how they do it. And my fear is that all signs point to Elon being compromised by the same now.
💩

That depends on the actual NDA / contract structure. We've all signed a lot of NDAs (regarding company technology / projects) - they only stipulate that we don't disclose the details. Nothing about the company not disclosing details they see fit.
Right, but an NDA for IP is not even in the same ballpark as a confidentiality agreement for a HR settlement. Any rookie HR lawyer will insist that confidentiality be mutual. Non-disparagement, too, of which Elon may have just broken he tweeted "liar" west

I don't understand Musk:GOP pivot.

There doesn't seem to be much of a mystery to me. He doesn't want his plants unionize. He doesn't want his taxes any higher. He doesn't want regulations eating into his profits. Democrats have historically been more likely to do these things. It's really just typical behavior from the super rich, sort of like the Koch brothers.

It doesn't help that Musk is unusually thin skinned and he's reacting to a lot of criticism from the left.

Chaos Monkey

Many top entrepreneurs genuinely respect Musk’s tech chops. One told me he walked away from an hourslong conversation with Musk a few weeks ago “stoked” about how he might transform and fix Twitter. “If anyone can do it, when he is at his best, Elon can,” he said.

When he is at his best is key, because there is also a more disheartening side to the man, as the very voluble Musk appears to have descended over the past week into becoming what I can only describe as a chaos monkey.

Right, but an NDA for IP is not even in the same ballpark as a confidentiality agreement for a HR settlement. Any rookie HR lawyer will insist that confidentiality be mutual. Non-disparagement, too, of which Elon may have just broken he tweeted "liar" west
Obviously, I've no idea about such agreements, but I guess a one-sided agreement can always be "bought". You want mutual confidentiality - you get $100k - but if you sign this, you get $250k.

ps : But I'd think Elon wouldn't care about such "both sides" things. Money can make you feel, you can do whatever you want and get away with it.

Yes, the only way for Elon to win is to close the deal.
Yes, we need to get to the bottom of these algorithms. Close the deal.

(I recommend Elon recognize that replies on Twitter are often hidden (unless you search for (from:elonmusk) and select Latest), so if he wants to do a denial it's best to not do it as a reply, or do a quote tweet. Not really complicated, but fixing this issue alone justifies buying the company at $54.20 per share. Sus.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.