Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, ignore everything he represents and engage in pointless explanation of how he was elected.

“I don’t have any right to tell people who they should vote for?“ Where have I ever suggested anything remotely to that effect? 🙂
Quite frankly, as a non-citizen of the nation he leads, what he "represents" in your point of view is none of your business. If you have an issue with Bolsonaro, move to Brazil, become a Brazilian citizen, and try to convince your fellow Brazilians to elect someone else next year. Otherwise you are quite literally shouting at clouds. This also goes for Narendra Modi, Viktor Orban, and Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Not your nation, not your leader, so deal with it.

Also Elon was busy offering Bolsonaro some Starlink receivers so they could bring Internet coverage to the inner Amazon in the hopes it can be observed and studied better. Of course everywhere Elon goes, immediately someone starts a rumor a Gigafactory will be built there but I'm not sure South American needs one yet. That's some real "supervillain" material there, guys!

Quite frankly, as a non-citizen of the nation he leads, what he "represents" in your point of view is none of your business. If you have an issue with Bolsonaro, move to Brazil, become a Brazilian citizen, and try to convince your fellow Brazilians to elect someone else next year. Otherwise you are quite literally shouting at clouds. This also goes for Narendra Modi, Viktor Orban, and Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Not your nation, not your leader, so deal with it.

Also Elon was busy offering Bolsonaro some Starlink receivers so they could bring Internet coverage to the inner Amazon in the hopes it can be observed and studied better. Of course everywhere Elon goes, immediately someone starts a rumor a Gigafactory will be built there but I'm not sure South American needs one yet. That's some real "supervillain" material there, guys!

I am not allowed to have an opinion about Bolsonaro without moving there?

Why, chief? 😄😄😄

Where is your defense of my freedom of speech? 🤣

Starlink will be useful to help accelerate the destruction of the Amazon rainforest. Makes it easier to find virgin stands to destroy and to find and kill the natives. Good communication tool for environmental destruction.

We are watching two of the most stunning self-immolations in history, live and in real time. Congratulations, gents, you continue to play yourselves. As I noted in my review of an exhaustive history of Amazon, studies suggest the wealthier you get, the more likely you are to act like a greedy, unethical jerk

Bezos observers have been shaking their heads at how much of an asshole the guy has become in recent years, particularly since divorcing his wife Mackenzie: the onetime nerdy book lover became a mega-yacht owner with a midlife crisis who likes to dress like Pitbull.

Musk has been on his own long decline into dickishness, as this book showed. The soft-spoken Burning Man attendee with an earnest desire to fight climate change became, over the course of a decade of stunning wealth growth, a tin-eared Texas mogul who actually wants to boost oil production.

We are watching two of the most stunning self-immolations in history, live and in real time. Congratulations, gents, you continue to play yourselves. As I noted in my review of an exhaustive history of Amazon, studies suggest the wealthier you get, the more likely you are to act like a greedy, unethical jerk

Bezos observers have been shaking their heads at how much of an asshole the guy has become in recent years, particularly since divorcing his wife Mackenzie: the onetime nerdy book lover became a mega-yacht owner with a midlife crisis who likes to dress like Pitbull.

Musk has been on his own long decline into dickishness, as this book showed. The soft-spoken Burning Man attendee with an earnest desire to fight climate change became, over the course of a decade of stunning wealth growth, a tin-eared Texas mogul who actually wants to boost oil production.

Mashable? Really?

That's like quoting from . . . the Epoch Times on the right. :eek:

My POINT was it's just one step up from MEDIUM.com in quality. It's an "opinion hit piece", nothing more. The FUD machine is in overdrive.

Basically like seekingalpha.com . . . anyone can write as a "guest contributor".
So, other than attacking the source, do you have a counter-argument to contribute to the discussion?

So what? Elon can’t come up with the money to buy Twitter. He has to suck it up until he can come up with the money.
Elon can come up with the money. All he has to do is pop the bubble that tsla is operating in.

Best thing for everyone. Tesla is forced to compete on its own merits and not as a meme stock. (don't down vote me. Did you seriously think that tesla is worth more than every car manufacturer in the world combined?)

Maybe we'll get lucky and Elon will have to step away from tesla to focus on running Trump's reelection campaign.

So, other than attacking the source, do you have a counter-argument to contribute to the discussion?

The entire piece wreaks of a "I hate rich guys because I'm not one of them" hit piece. The author also overlays his hatred of the "right" onto the article by pasting Elon as right-wing populism. Only someone so far left they cannot see anything else would classify Elon that way. By any objective measure (voting record, stance on environment, etc.) Elon is at BEST a moderate, and objectively more left-center than your typical moderate.

That's my counter-argument, it's an extremely biased article from someone with a history of anti-Musk pieces:

(stopped at 3, he has MANY more on mashable)

The entire piece wreaks of a "I hate rich guys because I'm not one of them" hit piece. The author also overlays his hatred of the "right" onto the article by pasting Elon as right-wing populism. Only someone so far left they cannot see anything else would classify Elon that way. By any objective measure (voting record, stance on environment, etc.) Elon is at BEST a moderate, and objectively more left-center than your typical moderate.

That's my counter-argument, it's an extremely biased article from someone with a history of anti-Musk pieces:

(stopped at 3, he has MANY more on mashable)
Good, we're making some progress on a discussion (although you're still stuck in emotive arguments and name calling... try to take it down a notch).

What do you think about this quote:

This seems to reflect something I have observed. At the start he seemed to have good motives but he has become increasingly entitled and irrational.
What do you think?

BTW, the "book" referred to is this one:
Power Play: Tesla, Elon Musk and the Bet of the Century, by Wall Street Journal tech reporter Tim Higgins

Reactions: advocate8

"Otherwise you are quite literally shouting at clouds."

Hmmm...that's a lot of literally.

Reactions: mspohr
Good, we're making some progress on a discussion (although you're still stuck in emotive arguments and name calling... try to take it down a notch).

What do you think about this quote:

This seems to reflect something I have observed. At the start he seemed to have good motives but he has become increasingly entitled and irrational.
What do you think?

BTW, the "book" referred to is this one:
Power Play: Tesla, Elon Musk and the Bet of the Century, by Wall Street Journal tech reporter Tim Higgins

I have the benefit of having a very close friend that was a VP for 5 years at Tesla, and having heard a lot of stories from different time frames within the company. Musk has always been direct to everyone he talks and works with. And this includes being threatened of being fired for not measuring up to Musk's standards. Some might call that "dickish" and would have a valid argument. I am of a similar personality to Musk in that in my company I don't tolerate any BS, but I'm also the guy that will go to the end of the earth to defend an employee if I think they are doing their best and say a customer is trying to take advantage of them.

I view Musk as very much someone that doesn't have time to deal with BS, and when he is forced to he's going to be direct and to the point about it. That will probably hurt some people that have always been coddled and expect that from everyone they interact with.

Stepping back to the 60,000 ft view . . . you don't hear these stories really from Tesla China. Musk has stated that (although Tesla US has a high work ethic), Tesla China is a notch even above that. And if things are humming along and people doing their jobs (AND being well paid for them - this is why unions have not been able to invade Tesla), Musk doesn't have problems.

Again, you look at this author's history, it's very FUD for Tesla and Musk, and this appears to just be his latest hit-piece. The author stuck his finger in the air, felt the breeze blowing, and timed his drop of the story to get max clicks.

Since you asked - that's what I think is going on here.

I have the benefit of having a very close friend that was a VP for 5 years at Tesla, and having heard a lot of stories from different time frames within the company. Musk has always been direct to everyone he talks and works with. And this includes being threatened of being fired for not measuring up to Musk's standards. Some might call that "dickish" and would have a valid argument. I am of a similar personality to Musk in that in my company I don't tolerate any BS, but I'm also the guy that will go to the end of the earth to defend an employee if I think they are doing their best and say a customer is trying to take advantage of them.

I view Musk as very much someone that doesn't have time to deal with BS, and when he is forced to he's going to be direct and to the point about it. That will probably hurt some people that have always been coddled and expect that from everyone they interact with.

Stepping back to the 60,000 ft view . . . you don't hear these stories really from Tesla China. Musk has stated that (although Tesla US has a high work ethic), Tesla China is a notch even above that. And if things are humming along and people doing their jobs (AND being well paid for them - this is why unions have not been able to invade Tesla), Musk doesn't have problems.

Again, you look at this author's history, it's very FUD for Tesla and Musk, and this appears to just be his latest hit-piece. The author stuck his finger in the air, felt the breeze blowing, and timed his drop of the story to get max clicks.

Since you asked - that's what I think is going on here.
Good points. I have always understood that Musk "doesn't suffer fools gladly" and that could be interpreted as "dickishness".

What concerns me are his recent Twitter pronouncements bashing "wokeness", SJW, etc. It seems he has gone off the deep end.

(I think that Twitter brings out the worst in him. Every time I have heard him speak in full paragraphs in interviews, etc., I really like what he says. Unfortunately, his 140 character pronouncements are just bizarre.)

Quite frankly, as a non-citizen of the nation he leads, what he "represents" in your point of view is none of your business.
You must see the flaw in this line of thinking. Do you have to join the Taliban to criticize them? Become a Russian citizen to criticize Putin? It's quite reasonable to have an opinion about someone or something without being in the vicinity, information is available world wide.

Justify them all you want. But…Many of his tweets are simply indefensible for an adult. Or a moral, decent 12-year-old.
And every one of those does harm to Tesla and it’s mission.
And that was the case even before he chose to wade into the hog wallow of politics.
No rational person can argue otherwise.
“He needs to defend himself from all the attacks!”
Give me a break. The world’s richest man is a victim I tell you! Downtrodden!

Last edited:
Justify them all you want. But…Many of his tweets are simply indefensible for an adult. Or a moral, decent 12-year-old.
And every one of those does harm to Tesla and it’s mission.
And that was the case even before he chose to wade into the hog wallow of politics.
No rational person can argue otherwise.
“He needs to defend himself from all the attacks!”
Give me a break. The world’s richest man is a victim I tell you! Downtrodden!

He will be out of the CEO chair at Tesla before end of june.

Status
Not open for further replies.