Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some market analysts have predicted that Tesla will have up to 10% attrition because of Elon’s tweets.

Its not surprising SpaceX fired the employees critical of their CEO, but some of the people who might voluntarily or involuntarily leave may not be easy to replace.

Twitter is another story, the attrition there might be higher, I am sure.
And Elon would be ok with that. Twitter has a whole lotta folks based in downtown SF making bank, adn whose salary would be lower in Austin. If they quit, the company doesn't have to pay relocation fees or severance.

I can guarantee you that Elon will not be paying his General Counsel 8 figure compensation. (Whoever is on the Twitter Comp Committee should be sued for incompetence by the shareholders.)

And Elon would be ok with that. Twitter has a whole lotta folks based in downtown SF making bank, adn whose salary would be lower in Austin. If they quit, the company doesn't have to pay relocation fees or severance.

I can guarantee you that Elon will not be paying his General Counsel 8 figure compensation. (Whoever is on the Twitter Comp Committee should be sued for incompetence by the shareholders.)
Have you spoken to him about this?

• Funny
Reactions: Dave EV and JRP3
Looks like Elon is pulling back from his original plan for employee reductions.

Commenting on the layoffs, the CEO said today that the company is now aiming for a reduction of 3% to 3.5% of the workforce (Bloomberg):
“We grew very fast on the salaried side,” Musk said in an interview with Bloomberg News Editor-in-Chief John Micklethwait at the Qatar Economic Forum on Tuesday. “A year from now, I think our headcount will be higher” in salaried and hourly workers, but for now the reduction will be 3% to 3.5%, he said.

Naah, looks like someone bothered to check the actual size and nature of the reductions instead of misquoting his original announcements.

Elon Musk said:
Headcount Reduction

Tesla will be reducing salaried headcount by 10% as we have become overstaffed in many areas

Elon

Salaried- not total. So 3-3.5%, by making a 10% cut to a minority of the workforce, makes perfect sense...as he notes by end of year TOTAL headcount will be higher than it is pre-cut, since they continue to increase hiring of people who actually work.

One week since last Elon tweet. Elon could just be super focussed on something (4680s or Raptor V2 ramp) but one of the following must now be a 50% possibility:
  • Elon has maybe reduced his bid (or preparing to do so) and:
    • Reminding the TWTR board of his draw on the platform
      • Threatening to setup Twitter competitor
      • Move to Instagram etc.
  • Elon having some form of breakdown and wants to reduce negative exposure
  • Elon told to keep off Twitter as the bid gets closer to fruition
  • Conscious social media break which would be surprising when he is buying a platform

One week since last Elon tweet. Elon could just be super focussed on something (4680s or Raptor V2 ramp) but one of the following must now be a 50% possibility:
      • Move to Instagram etc.
  • Conscious social media break which would be surprising when he is buying a platform
I think that option 1 has to be the best chance here - he just did an interview with a fan for a blog and seemed to be in great spirits.

I think it's likely a challenge. "You're addicted to Twitter." "No, I can quit any time I want." "Riiiiiight. No way you could go a week without." Though I wonder who's throwing down the gauntlet.

Now we'll see how much of an overachiever Elon wants to demonstrate he is.

Of course it could also be the end of a challenge. "No way you could ever get to 100M followers...."

Reactions: advocate8
      • Move to Instagram etc.

1 & 3, and the latter is under the strong/threatening advice of legal: if you want a revised deal priced in teh $20's, stay off of TWTR.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Naah, looks like someone bothered to check the actual size and nature of the reductions instead of misquoting his original announcements.

Salaried- not total. So 3-3.5%, by making a 10% cut to a minority of the workforce, makes perfect sense...as he notes by end of year TOTAL headcount will be higher than it is pre-cut, since they continue to increase hiring of people who actually work.
so, salaried people don’t work? right, got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.