Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he thinks the purpose of government is to subsidize and enable his every thought and let him do whatever he wants. Democracy gets in the way of that, so he prefers a corrupt government that isn't accountable to the people.

Also, destabilizing the US helps him with his business dealings with government actors in China, Saudi Arabia, and the like. And they can arbitrarily give him money and permits without popular support.

On top of that, he's narcissistic, impulsive, and thinks that he's saving the world (so anyone who gets in his way is anti-world).
Top notch list. I could attribute all of the above to Bill gates, TBH.

I honestly think this latest gaff tweet was more offensive than the infamous "pedoguy" tweet. That guy antagonized him first. Paul Pelosi was just minding his own business, possibly checking on his Tesla investments, when a crazy nutjob smashed though a door in his home looking for his wife. Then smashed him in the head w a hammer, cracking his skull. Grotesque.

Except this wasn't "the other side of the story"

It was made up garbage from a source that has been repeatedly outright lying about batpoop insane stuff. For years and years.

The same source reported in 2016 that Hillary Clinton had died and replaced with a body double.

That's not the other side, that's crazy people.

Elon is the richest guy in the world, if he doesn't have time to at least do a cursory check of "Is this source Lizard People Are Controlling Your Minds" unreliable then surely he could afford someone on staff who can.

Henry Ford vastly revolutionized mobility and manufacturing and even labor. All awesome things.

That doesn't mean he gets a pass for being an anti-semitic nazi supporter though..... or at least it shouldn't. Was it not ok for people to point those things out if they hadn't ALSO revolutionized the car industry in your mind?

Yes, testing crazy things in production systems, with your personal account, especially for something you can trivially create a test environment copy of, TOTALLY makes sense.

No, wait...the opposite of that.
Oh even better, I believed it (along with all those stupid things people do with too much money). I honestly didn’t dig in further yet but was temped which is what I try to do - challenged there.

Is there a police report? That’s a start, but I already don’t trust them to leave out key facts in order to lay low. Camera helps it they have any.

Turns out it’s pretty hard for a guy like me to know what’s real. I do see this as a bigger problem on humanity. I know I saw rockets land, and I’m certain Tesla makes the best products because I use them. If he made a mistake, and perhaps he did here, he learns very quickly. This is only the beginning.

I think the Tweet is gone. Test complete, or just started, lol?

Paul Pelosi was just minding his own business, possibly checking on his Tesla investments,
At 2AM? That’s one hell of a vibrant octogenarian if so.

Unknowns aside, it was bold of the media to pin this on conservatives without skipping a beat despite this dude’s poorly hidden history of progressive activities and associations.

I honestly think this latest gaff tweet was more offensive than the infamous "pedoguy" tweet. That guy antagonized him first. Paul Pelosi was just minding his own business, possibly checking on his Tesla investments, when a crazy nutjob smashed though a door in his home looking for his wife. Then smashed him in the head w a hammer, cracking his skull. Grotesque.
Can someone please point me to a trusted source of what really happened here?

I don’t think anyone that runs in our circles is going to find out the real truth behind it since the “pin the tail on the elephant” attempt fell flat on its face.

It will be memoryholed just like every other inconvenient event (holiday parade in WI, various shootings over the last year)

• Disagree
Reactions: Nathan and SOULPEDL
There isn’t enough public information yet so everyone is speculating, even the media, and calling their opinion “fact” and any other opinions “conspiracy theories”. Constantly calling a differing view a conspiracy theory has now made those words meaningless since it’s thrown around so recklessly and often now. Some strange things that haven’t been explained yet is why Paul said he knew him, his name is David, on the 911 call.

We know there was a mentally disturbed man in Paul Pelosi’s house, they fought, and Paul lost. We don‘t know if he broke in or was let in. The man’s social media history shows he wasn’t a far right conservative, or conservative at all.

I'm appalled by the number of people who think they have the right to determine what Elon can think and say.

Do I agree with all the stuff he says? No.
Do I like that he says some of the stuff he says? No.
Does that give me the right to say he shouldn't be saying those things? NO!!

Who are you - yes, YOU - to tell him what to do and not to do? Do you own him because you once bought a Tesla? Or are holding shares? Does that make you a puppet master and Elon your puppet?

Trying to shut up Elon, for whatever motive, in my book is worse than anything controversial he has ever said.
I think you're confused. I don't read much here that sounds like people telling Elon what to do. What I read is lots of people saying what they wish Elon would do.

Me, I wish he would STFU on Twitter, except for technical engineering stuff. He has said multiple times that he tweets for amusement and to blow off steam. Well, owning the company pretty much means he's utterly ruined that for himself. Maybe, maybe he can get it back by tweeting from an pseudonymous account, but I doubt it.

His political comments are ignorant and stupid. His mockery of Twitter is utterly inappropriate now that he owns it. His jokes are mostly not funny, although I don't really have any opinion on whether I wish he would stop. In any case, I certainly have the right to have an opinion, and I don't imagine I have any right to tell him what to do.

But wow, he desperately needs his mom to tell him to act like an adult. His behavior has been sliding from clownish to reprehensible pretty quickly. If it gets much worse it will cause permanent damage. As a Tesla investor, I don't want to see any more Twitter polls asking about whether Elon's character makes people more or less likely to buy a Tesla.

Last edited:
I can't find it either, so I think you're right that he deleted the tweet. That's a good start.
Great that he deleted it, but the damage is done. I personally think he should tweet an apology as his tweet attaching an unproven allegation from a dubious source flies in the face of what he desires for Twitter. Of all people, he should know to do his due diligence prior to posting something like this..

Last edited:
Does that give me the right to say he shouldn't be saying those things?
YES! Anyone as the right to SAY what they think about someone else's behavior. Someone who has decided to be a public figure and the CEO of many companies will rightly get even more scrutiny because their words and actions affect far more than the average person. No one is forcing Elon to act like a complete idiot in public.

There isn’t enough public information yet so everyone is speculating, even the media, and calling their opinion “fact” and any other opinions “conspiracy theories”. Constantly calling a differing view a conspiracy theory has now made those words meaningless since it’s thrown around so recklessly and often now. Some strange things that haven’t been explained yet is why Paul said he knew him, his name is David, on the 911 call.

We know there was a mentally disturbed man in Paul Pelosi’s house, they fought, and Paul lost. We don‘t know if he broke in or was let in. The man’s social media history shows he wasn’t a far right conservative, or conservative at all.
Not to sound annoying, but where did you find this info? Some of that matches the deleted tweet (Nafnlaus also del, toxic source maybe).

David DePape, 42, also published hundreds of blog posts in recent months sharing memes in support of fringe commentators and far-right personalities. Many of the posts were filled with screeds against Jews, Black people, Democrats, the media and transgender people.
He published a drawing of the Devil kneeling and asking a caricature of a Jewish person to teach him the arts of “lying, deception, cheating and incitement.” Several contain lifelike images of rotting human flesh and blood, including a zombified Bill Gates and Hillary Clinton. Others depict headless bodies against bleak, dystopian landscapes.

Unknowns aside, it was bold of the media to pin this on conservatives without skipping a beat despite this dude’s poorly hidden history of progressive activities and associations.
Is this an attempt to make Elon look more sane by being even more vile and disgusting? The attempted assassination was done by a guy they have in custody. His social media looks pretty much the same as Lauren Boebert's. Scattered QANON drivel. Basically domestic terrorist stuff.

Actual news sites are being very restrained in not having blaring headlines saying "MAGA inspired assassination attempt fails!!" with a subhead of "No MAGA supporter willing to take any responsibility for promoting violence".

When you are as far FAR left as you, even Bernie Sanders and AOC look like right-wing conspiracists.

Enough with this political tripe, we all know where you stand and given the MONUMENTAL number of disagrees your previous posts have had, you are pretty isolated in your opinions. Elon is human, he will NEVER do things that everyone agrees with. But he's done a heck of a lot more for humanity than a certain punk . . .
@bkp_duke
can the civility level be a bit better please

Status
Not open for further replies.