Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this an attempt to make Elon look more sane by being even more vile and disgusting? The attempted assassination was done by a guy they have in custody. His social media looks pretty much the same as Lauren Boebert's. Scattered QANON drivel. Basically domestic terrorist stuff.

Actual news sites are being very restrained in not having blaring headlines saying "MAGA inspired assassination attempt fails!!" with a subhead of "No MAGA supporter willing to take any responsibility for promoting violence".
All kinds of ultra MAGA nudists living in Berkeley!

@bkp_duke
can the civility level be a bit better please

Noted.

Hope that goes to the other party in this thread that has generally been pretty vicious of anyone that doesn't ascribe to their EXACT political viewpoint and seem to enjoy demonizing pretty much 50+ % of the entire US population.

Some strange things that haven’t been explained yet is why Paul said he knew him, his name is David, on the 911 call.
The operator heard Paul in distress and quickly called police dispatch with an emergency message ... "He states there is a male in the home and that he is going to wait for his wife. He stated that he doesn't know who the male is but that his name is David and that he is a friend. He sounded somewhat confused."

As your link clearly states the operator felt that Paul was trying to communicate what was happening without letting the intruder know what he was doing. Paul was probably trying to keep things calm and play along. Maybe he asked the guys name, or maybe the guy just said it, he's clearly unhinged. That explains it quite well.

Elon’s tweet was disrespectful, considering Paul Pelosi is still in the hospital and what he posted was short on evidence.

That said, the details from the SFPD alone are so strange that they allow all minds to run wild. I’m surprised no one here has pointed out that Hillary’s tweet itself was speculation. Yes, I know, it does seem to be true that he had fallen into right wing extremism. But he was also previously quite far left in the past. And he was a drug addict, at times homeless, and possibly schizophrenic.

Some of your minds are so addled by partisan politics that you’ve become incapable of self-critique.

I’ll leave you with a little news story that I take as evidence that some minds are just vulnerable to extremism, usually because of mental illness. This doesn’t mean that one “side” is responsible.

White supremacist finds god and then…

All kinds of ultra MAGA nudists living in Berkeley!
I suggest you read the entire article I linked which clearly explains this was years ago and it seems he went there with the mother of his kid.

He briefly drew public attention nearly a decade ago in San Francisco when he participated in a demonstration against a city ordinance banning public nudity. The protest was led by Gonzalez’s mother, Gypsy Taub, an outspoken nudity activist.

Videos posted on YouTube show that DePape was among a group of protesters marching through San Francisco’s Castro neighborhood for the 2013 demonstration.

Problem is, the Elon Followers will not leave Twitter and the Elon Haters will not leave Twitter. He knows this, people love controversy, we’ve been groomed for this since the “Real World” on MTV. He can say and post what he wants on Twitter and still make money while gaining followers. He’s opening up the Tesla Brand to new segment(Qanon and MAGA) which will be coming to a local SC near you.

I suggest you read the entire article I linked which clearly explains this was years ago and it seems he went there with the mother of his kid.
What this new episode shows is the genius at what should and shouldn’t be moderated has no idea how to read the array of news accounts and understand the basic facts, which were obvious until the inevitable Q BS started.
He’s been in charge…. Two and a half days?
This is gonna go great.

Problem is, the Elon Followers will not leave Twitter and the Elon Haters will not leave Twitter. He knows this, people love controversy, we’ve been groomed for this since the “Real World” on MTV. He can say and post what he wants on Twitter and still make money while gaining followers. He’s opening up the Tesla Brand to new segment(Qanon and MAGA) which will be coming to a local SC near you.
You can be conservative or libertarian without being either of these. 🔋

But you’re right, progressives won’t leave and won’t stop buying his cars or using Twitter.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
BEFORE I MOVE a dozen or so Twitter-related posts over to where they belong - although this one will remain here as a traffic signal, a question - one which is in the forefront of why I ALWAYS have written that I despise Twitter:

Can anyone show me just one example of Twitter bringing out not the worst, but the best, in people? Examples of the former are piling up ever faster and more furiously.

===>Replies THERE, not here.<===
@AudubonB
Sure. Just follow: https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973

Brings out the best in me several times a day.

i suggest you may not be quite correct about various commenters here political viewpoints, and %'ages of the population whom hold same.
voters perhaps, but that really shouldn't be extrapolated to entire populations without +/- %
I first voted for Adelai Stevenson in '56, kennedy 60 after dithering about Nixon because tricky dicky would keep us out of "nam, (Hel)BJ because not Goldwater who wanted to "nuke 'nam till they glowed" (Barry was honest tho (Hel)BJ killed 50,000 of my compatriots in a _____measuring contest with Ho Chi Minh, Gene McCarthy got my vote and "vote for nixon in 72, why change ___ in the middle of a ____" I didn't buy a used Ford, but Carter instead. Raygun was awful and despised him and his occult wife Nancy. etc etc. been around the block and back.

however, civility please (and NO I WILL NOT BE A MODERATOR)

I was basing my rough numbers just on the average number of disagrees he draws when he posts stuff like that (not just that post, but in general). Is that a "scientific poll"? Nope. Indicative? Yep.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
i was trying to say, among other things, that I suspect I personally am far closer to @Pezpunk in political leanings, and that I would despair for the country if 50% had MAGA leanings, because Canada is too durn cold for those of us with cold agglutinins and severe arthritis, and mexico would probably send me to jail
You can be conservative or libertarian without being a Q nutter just as much as you can be a progressive without being a BlueAnon nutter.

Now I know why Elon wanted to buy Twitter. He's really a proponent of flight of ideas. It's becoming apparent to me that he tweets whatever comes into his head, just to see what kind of reaction that he can generate.

The now-deleted Pelosi conspiracy theory tweet is a perfect example of Elon testing the free speech limits. But here's the problem. Just because someone deletes a previous tweet doesn't mean it never existed. The damage can't be undone. Life is not a video game, where you get a new life after every major mistake.

I wouldn't overestimate the number of Americans that are apolitical. As someone who lives around DC, I don't understand them, but I've met a lot of people that simply don't care. There will be a small number of people that chose not to buy a Tesla based on Elon's tweets, but it will be offset by a small number that will consider buying one just because of them.

That, and I don't think any serious investment banks will base their investments in TSLA on Elon's popularity. If their models show upside, they'll continue to invest. After all, they've continued to invest in oil.
It won’t be a small number, as eventually all this accumulates to the brand.
It’s potentially just a few steps steps away from becoming “that QAnon car company”…

Moderator Note: This whole Elon tweet thing has really stretched the rule about discussing politics at TMC, since it was at least somewhat relevant to this thread. BUT, I sense a shift in the discourse towards categorizing members into political buckets, and that is specifically why we have the rule in place. I am going to leave what’s here, but can we try to move forward without broadly painting swaths of the population both worldwide and locally at TMC? It will make my unpaid job easier.

I’ll try to be more strict about the politics rule moving forward in this thread, as much as I have the stomach to deal with it. Thanks, all.

Now I know why Elon wanted to buy Twitter. He's really a proponent of flight of ideas. It's becoming apparent to me that he tweets whatever comes into his head, just to see what kind of reaction that he can generate.

The now-deleted Pelosi conspiracy theory tweet is a perfect example of Elon testing the free speech limits. But here's the problem. Just because someone deletes a previous tweet doesn't mean it never existed. The damage can't be undone. Life is not a video game, where you get a new life after every major mistake.
So you’re saying that he “aims to misbehave”?

It might be time to
i was trying to say, among other things, that I suspect I personally am far closer to @Pezpunk in political leanings, and that I would despair for the country if 50% had MAGA leanings, because Canada is too durn cold for those of us with cold agglutinins and severe arthritis, and mexico would probably send me to jail
I hear New Zealand is pretty nice. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.