Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey here is a suggestion for Elon to pay for it. The old swear jar concept. If you want to be vile or potentially vile you have to pay for it. You post something that could be offensive then content moderation flags it and you have a credit card on file. If the charge goes through your post goes through. I dont know say $1 per post. Same goes if you want to retweet something vile.

• Funny
Reactions: advocate8
Hey here is a suggestion for Elon to pay for it. The old swear jar concept. If you want to be vile or potentially vile you have to pay for it. You post something that could be offensive then content moderation flags it and you have a credit card on file. If the charge goes through your post goes through. I dont know say $1 per post. Same goes if you want to retweet something vile.
That seems fair.

I love love love the idea of a small fee for each misinformation post that has to be deleted. Sort of a trash/sanitation service charge.

Elon can kick off the effort by personally paying for his demonstration example from a couple of days ago, and then demand that the Twitter engineers create the new system in 7 days to generalize the bogus-hate-post fee or they're fired :)

Last edited:
Average Nielsen ratings are about 2.1 million. There are also people watching through other things like YouTube. Something like 8 to 9 million subscribers.

(Late night TV is declining. But of course, TV is declining.)

Serious question - Do people still watch TV? Must be those who drive Government Motors cars and use Facebook with their new ads.

I love love love the idea of a small fee for each misinformation post that has to be deleted. Sort of a trash/sanitation service charge.

Elon can kick off the effort by personally paying for his demonstration example from a couple of days ago, and then demand that the Twitter engineers create the new system in 7 days to generalize the bogus-hate-post fee or they're fired :)

Extending this fantasy idea for making-Twitter-great-again: Also have a (much larger) service fee for falsely reporting completely legit posts as some kind of fake-violation. The funds can be farmed back into paying a set of professional humans to quickly review each post-violation-report so that legit material stays up and bogus crap gets blocked. Rapidly.

Here is a news source that tries to show biases in reporting.
The linked article is about Elon perhaps charging for verification.

Ground news is great. They really list everything they can find on a subject and then the historical L/R bias for the publisher. Use them all the time, love them.

Forgive me, but I could never support a company or CEO that was involved in poisoning the world via the DieselGate scandal. I still can’t believe that any company involved in the scandal is still in business. Your support of crooks like Audi, while criticizing Musk, is laughable. Elon’s tweet about the etron was perfect!

Seemingly clever whataboutism aside, the perps at VW are long gone and have been suffering consequences, including prison time and upcoming trials. But does our CEO have accountability ? I think the current TSLA SP does reflect that there are some consequences.

I don't believe there is any demand collapse, especially with the current auto market and other manufacturers inability to deliver EVs, but EV-CPO.com is starting to show more new Tesla inventory (still practically no Model X).

Would be interesting to see what demand and SP would be without all the controversies, I would think near $300.

“You will also get: - Priority in replies, mentions & search, which is essential to defeat spam/scam”

It‘s true that there is no way the spammers/scammers will ever pay $8/mo. Impenetrable barrier to entry.

Maybe Parag not such a genius after all.

To be clear there is definitely room for improvement here, but it’ll be an interesting (and unending) battle against some undesired elements of Twitter.

Last edited:
I've got a spare cyber reservation just for those occasions (that, and not knowing how many motors it will contain).
And if he does the quad, back in line again? As I recall with early orders in the past, you keep your spot for that version unless the offering is cancelled. So if Quad comes out first (more $ for same batteries), I need a 3rd order then and Tesla gets to reprice them? Sneaky.
That’s the way to stick it to them.

Every time he posts something controversial, cancel a reservation. Make sure to cancel the lowest ones first because that makes your point most clear.

You can always change your mind and get a new reservation later.

It‘s true that there is no way the spammers/scammers will ever pay $8/mo. Impenetrable barrier to entry.

Maybe Parag not such a genius after all.

I think perhaps they should consider exempting existing blue checks who have lots of followers. At least for retaining the blue check. The rest of the features they could keep the fee for.

Of course… $8/ month is a joke for any well known names.

Status
Not open for further replies.