Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. So Twitter took loan to buy its own shares back from previous shareholders? If Twitter can't pay its loans back, can banks get the money from Musk?

Is that a serious question ?
Twitter didn’t take a loan. A buyout group led by musk took a loan. Several existing shareholders including musk also rolled their equity into the buyout.

If they can’t service the loan, the banks will take Twitter and sell it to the highest bidder

Obi-Wan to Elon

You have done that yourself
All The who’s who’s have been calling him this and some other very unfriendly pejoratives for months and even since his showdown with Alameda co.

Instead of giving him a reason to swing back leftward, they pushed him away.

You had to know this was coming.
So he just sways left, then sways right? guess he doesn’t have any convictions, nothing he firmly believes.

No question Biden is locked in the 1960s when the unions and GM meant something, and just hasn’t wrapped his head around the new realities of EV manufacturing. Fair enough, but because he left Elon out of his press conference Elon is changing everything he thinks about what’s right and wrong, true and not....
Awesome intellect.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
So he just sways left, then sways right? guess he doesn’t have any convictions, nothing he firmly believes.

No question Biden is locked in the 1960s when the unions and GM meant something, and just hasn’t wrapped his head around the new realities of EV manufacturing. Fair enough, but because he left Elon out of his press conference Elon is changing everything he thinks about what’s right and wrong, true and not....
Awesome intellect.
It’s really not hard to figure out, people gravitate towards those who are nice to them.

Elon had some questions and gripes and one group relentlessly piled on him for it which pushed him away. Try backing off on the vinegar next time.

Awesome intellect.
You ever think that where GM and Ford are located at and the electoral landscape Biden needs people in those areas to not panic about job security. This is why it is pretty clear to me that Biden and Democratic Party gave photo ops and attaboys to GM and Ford. Elon childishly feels slighted. At the same time Biden Administration boosts CAFE standard which resulted in lots of additional ZEV credits for Tesla. Inflation Reduction Act likely wont help any company nearly as much as Tesla with boosts in EV demand, Battery Manufacturing, Rooftop Solar including Battery Storage, and even Heat Pumps if Tesla indeed moves into that business. Just seems that Elon threw a tantrum that is extremely expensive potentially to the Tesla demand and us Tesla investors. As I have seen multiple times now Tesla is the new Red Hat. He can stop this and start a reversal, but I dont think he cares.

Awesome intellect.
Sorry, I guess I wasn’t clear that “awesome intellect” was referring to Elon. The Genius. The Master of Logic and Rationality.

• Helpful
Reactions: ElectricIAC
All The who’s who’s have been calling him this and some other very unfriendly pejoratives for months and even since his showdown with Alameda co.

Instead of giving him a reason to swing back leftward, they pushed him away.

You had to know this was coming.
Independent minded voters tuned Elon out the moment he started going crazy. Certainly by the time he said he wanted a man who directed an armed mob to storm the primary building of the US legislative branch back on Twitter.

Musk tweets you need to vote Republican…. Now get to it
NOW he tells us. Wonder if I can take back my early vote.
Or... yes, checking Twitter, this seems possible.....Just vote a bunch more times! Maybe in other states, too.

OH. Wait. Some other Tweets say if I vote like Elon wants that the cheaters in power will cancel my ballot. Never mind.

NOW he tells us. Wonder if I can take back my early vote.
Or... yes, checking Twitter, this seems possible.....Just vote a bunch more times! Maybe in other states, too.

OH. Wait. Some other Tweets say if I vote like Elon wants that the cheaters in power will cancel my ballot. Never mind.

I mean why not….. every election season people run around freaking out about the destruction of America… and yet here we are worried about the destruction of Twitter. The only thing that matters is who’s on the SC. Everything else we have no control of. Like daylight savings times, the people voted in California to stop it but those in power said…. “Well hold on…..”

Elon really needs to stop commenting/tweeting about politics and Twitter for a while, and stay out of the news cycle. Many people conflate Twitter with Tesla due to Elon, even though they are separate companies in completely unrelated businesses. This appears to have resulted in some TSLA shareholders selling, and other investors having become reluctant to buy. Perhaps after the election, politicians including the president will stop making negative comments about Elon, and TSLA will get some support in the stock market.

It’s really not hard to figure out, people gravitate towards those who are nice to them.

Elon had some questions and gripes and one group relentlessly piled on him for it which pushed him away. Try backing off on the vinegar next time.
Because Elon is so special no one can say anything to him. Have to appease his every wish or else. How lame. Apparently we live in a land of kings. Dictators. The rich should be the only ones with a voice.
Gotcha. That explains a lot of how we’ve gotten here.

Elon really needs to stop commenting/tweeting about politics and Twitter for a while, and stay out of the news cycle. Many people conflate Twitter with Tesla due to Elon, even though they are separate companies in completely unrelated businesses. This appears to have resulted in some TSLA shareholders selling, and other investors having become reluctant to buy. Perhaps after the election, politicians including the president will stop making negative comments about Elon, and TSLA will get some support in the stock market.

Establishment:
“That’s a nice company you’ve got there, would be a shame if we said mean things about it and put you on the sidelines”

Elon:
“Challenge Accepted”

• Disagree
Reactions: Raisin45567
It’s too late for Elon to walk this back. He’s too full of himself. He’ll never walk this back. Tesla will become synonymous with extreme right wing unless he quits as ceo.
I’m suddenly ashamed of my brand new tesla roof and can’t imagine accepting delivery of the Model Y I have scheduled for delivery next month. I can’t fund him any more than I have too in good conscious.

I’m reminded of “Brewster’s Millions” - Elon has 30 days to waste $44 billion. Anyone want to take a bet on whether he succeeds?

Given Elon's track record, I'm happy to bet half of what I have left that isn't tied to TSLA already - let's revisit this one year and 3 years from now.

Serious question: does anyone know how to invest in TwitterX ? I would imagine Baron BPTRX has taken a stake in the funding, but not sure.

Initially Elon will focus on setting up the "as good as possible" town square where unbiased information is found.

Elon: " Twitter needs to become by far the most accurate source of information about the world. That’s our mission."

See link and screenshots below

That will really require participation of Twitter users, currently set at $8/ month. There are 111 Million followers of Elon. Currently there is 0.50 M likes to his Tweet, see below. It increases at about 500 likes a minute. Assuming maybe 1/5 th of these followers in the US are willing to spend $8/ month, that's $M160/ month revenues. Not really enough for the interest payments on the takeover bank loans, but it's a start, I'm sure Elon has plans to further monetize Twitter (author revenue sharing in the revived Vine, so Twitter doesn't lose views and money to YouTube, etc).

I have not seen much reported about Elon forcefully mentioning in the Ron Baron interview that he intends to put in action the plan he'd written (but couldn't find anymore) ca. 2002 for X.com to overcome what he saw as the inefficient (for consumers) banking and payment system.
Anyone know if he had already stated that so clearly for Twitter?

Elon explaining his plans and ambitions for Twitter at the Baron Funds conference. ".(not verbatim, please see the video) It'll be hard, but Twitter will become the largest company in the world. "

Link re increased like count on Twitter's mission as spelled out by Elon recently. When will the count start slowing down? A couple hours later it's at 600K.

TWitrter.stats.500k.jpg

And 30 minutes later - matches with a quick count - I saw about 500 likes added per minute as mentioned above.

TWitrter.stats.500k.b.jpg

Because Elon is so special no one can say anything to him. Have to appease his every wish or else. How lame. Apparently we live in a land of kings. Dictators. The rich should be the only ones with a voice.
Gotcha. That explains a lot of how we’ve gotten here.

I mean if you think about it, in the 80’s, early 90’s we were separated by class. The Rich drove the Benz, BMWs, had the brick cell phones etc. etc. Up until recently all those items were attainable even by those who were living pay check to pay check. We are going back to that time with inflation and interest rates, only the well off can afford any luxuries right now.

As far as Tesla, it is an extreme right brand now. Once the Cybertruck hits the market look for Red Hats to jump on it and coordinate Trump train convoys come 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.