Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not all Elon's fault. The Dems kowtowing to the corrupt UAW (according to Jen Psaki) helped steer Elon to the dark other side. Attacking someone and spreading vile lies about them is not a good way to bring them into the fold. The Dems did an excellent job of convincing Elon that they are the problem and he will be better off if they are no longer in power.
I made this point earlier, and it might not just be that.

The current Congress and cabinet is full of characters that are out of touch and have even laughed and mocked folks not being able to afford fuel, food and housing or worried about rising crime.

Elon sees this.

Longest wait I can see for any vehicle is for the Model X, with EDD of as late as June 2023. That's roughly half a year. For the Model Y, it's as late as March 2023. For the Model 3, there's basically no wait, and for the Model S, out to February 2023. The inability of Tesla to get new orders is going to start affecting its financials real quickly when it finally does clear out the backlog. There isn't an infinite demand for Tesla vehicles and more competitors release vehicles every month.

June 2023, March 2023, February 2023. Are you seriously using wait times of 7, 4 and 3 months as proof of an inability of Tesla to get new orders? And basically no wait time for Model 3? Is that why they stopped taking orders in Taiwan to preserve capacity for the US market?

June 2023, March 2023, February 2023. Are you seriously using wait times of 7, 4 and 3 months as proof of an inability of Tesla to get new orders? And basically no wait time for Model 3? Is that why they stopped taking orders in Taiwan to preserve capacity for the US market?
That's the high estimate. For the Model Y LR, the low estimate is December, i.e. next month. For the Model S, it's this month. The Model X is the only vehicle that has any substantial backorder on the low end estimate and that's March 2023.

That's the high estimate. For the Model Y LR, the low estimate is December, i.e. next month. For the Model S, it's this month. The Model X is the only vehicle that has any substantial backorder on the low end estimate and that's March 2023.

To be fair - there will likely be a re-surge of orders come January as the tax incentive stuff becomes clearer.

And yes, TSLA has good demand right now. This is no way makes Elon's dumpster-fire over at Twitter a good idea, or a lack of distraction for him being able to focus on the next things TSLA will need to succeed. Elon focused on making cars is what made Tesla strong. Him focused on making moderates vote republican and threatening advertisers who dare ask for decent moderation WONT help TSLA

Elon continually muddies situations by communicating poorly.

Ah, there’s the rub. Black and white (i.e. being a free speech absolutist) is easy. Once you see and admit that free speech should not be absolute you have to actually think about it and start to realize how grey it is. Like many here have said, “moderation is hard.”

I would have far more respect for Elon if he actually came out and said “I realize my previous statement was wrong and not practical. I’m working with the Twitter team to modify the rules to make Twitter productive and free without harming others.” When he says he’s a free speech absolutist and then changes his mind when it affects him he comes across as a total hypocrite.
Maybe he's not communicating poorly. Maybe he is communicating exactly the way he wants to.

I see a lot of assumptions, but no hard facts. Nearly everyone in this thread - which is mainly just a dozen people repeating the same thing over and over again - seems to think that every presumably bad Elon tweet alienates millions of people and that no will want to buy a Tesla anymore, but I’m not seeing any hard evidence. Just some anecdotes (‘My wife hates Elon’, ‘My neighbour thinks Elon’s weird and swears he will never buy a Tesla’). And those anecdotes are probably all from the same part of society. For every person who no longer wants to buy a Tesla there could be two who love to buy one because of what Elon tweets. Who knows. Many here are predicting the end of Twitter, but usage has increased 20% since Elon took over. Consider the possibility that your personal opinion and background is making you miss the bigger picture.
Where was this criticism of the use of anecdotes when in the past innumerable posters recited positive anecdotes, such as "I know so many people who are buying Teslas," "I've seen so many Teslas on the road," or "I know many people who have been inspired by Elon or Tesla"? Is it because you're OK with positive anecdotes but not with negative ones?

Last Friday, Elon Musk fired half of Twitter’s 7,500 employees, so haphazardly and arbitrarily that most had no idea they were fired until their email accounts were shut off.

This was after he fired Twitter’s executives “with cause” to avoid paying them the golden parachutes they’re owed. And after he taunted Twitter and the law firm it worked with in its lawsuit against him, suggesting he would sue all of them.

And after posting an article suggesting Paul Pelosi had been drunk and in a fight with a male prostitute.

Looking for that bumper sticker...

Longest wait I can see for any vehicle is for the Model X, with EDD of as late as June 2023. That's roughly half a year. For the Model Y, it's as late as March 2023. For the Model 3, there's basically no wait, and for the Model S, out to February 2023. The inability of Tesla to get new orders is going to start affecting its financials real quickly when it finally does clear out the backlog. There isn't an infinite demand for Tesla vehicles and more competitors release vehicles every month.
Yes, and most of the China production is going out of China.

Last Friday, Elon Musk fired half of Twitter’s 7,500 employees, so haphazardly and arbitrarily that most had no idea they were fired until their email accounts were shut off.

This was after he fired Twitter’s executives “with cause” to avoid paying them the golden parachutes they’re owed. And after he taunted Twitter and the law firm it worked with in its lawsuit against him, suggesting he would sue all of them.

And after posting an article suggesting Paul Pelosi had been drunk and in a fight with a male prostitute.

Looking for that bumper sticker...

How about "I paid $44B to own-the-libs and all I got was an education on what Free Speech Absolutism actually looks like"

How about "I paid $44B to own-the-libs and all I got was an education on what Free Speech Absolutism actually looks like"
I can't top that but here is a runner up:

dont-boycott-me-bro.jpg

Your argument appears to be "Elon does things differently, so whatever he does is probably going to work out." Not everyone shares that view, which is why they have voiced their opinion that alienating a segment of the population might backfire. It also might not. But it's not an unreasonable thing to say.

I don't know what "he has finally done it" is supposed to imply. I haven't seen anyone use those words, either.

I am looking only at actions, not at the person. I don't have any animosity or adoration for Elon, or really for any human. I am familiar with his track record, including both his great successes and his failures. Nobody is infallible. Even Elon's biggest defenders here seem to admit this isn't the best look but it's just part of the package which is hopefully aimed in a positive direction. To excuse it with the expectation that it'll pay off handsomely seems a little more in the adulation camp than the unbiased camp.
If ‘Elon does things differently’ is the only argument you can come up with then you’re essentially saying ‘I have blind trust in everything Elon does. He can do no wrong.’

Despite some folks here thinking I hate Elon, I actually believe TSLA is in great position if we can just avoid the distractions
"The distractions" = Elon, we can't really avoid the CEO of the company and he can't seem to avoid ill advised Tweets. "Poor Elon" was trending on Twitter and it's brutal. Everyone is making parody accounts and even clearly labeled ones are getting banned.

Where was this criticism of the use of anecdotes when in the past innumerable posters recited positive anecdotes, such as "I know so many people who are buying Teslas," "I've seen so many Teslas on the road," or "I know many people who have been inspired by Elon or Tesla"? Is it because you're OK with positive anecdotes but not with negative ones?
Silly bigsmooth125! Don’t you know you’re allowed to use anecdotes that support your point of view?

Reactions: ElectricIAC
In your opinion what are the positives of alienating 50% of the market?
I'm one of those alienated. I've been a Tesla evangelist since buying our first one 3 years ago. I've never been a Musk fan boy, but tolerated him when he stuck to improving/expanding the Tesla product line.

Now I have to conclude that I have bought my last Tesla as long as he remains CEO, and will buy a different brand in the next year as our other vehicle becomes ready for replacement.

Elon claimed when the whole Tesla crusade began that he cared about the climate benefits of EVs. If Congress and the presidency flip, all the progress made in the last 2 years will be rolled back post haste, and our slim remaining shot at averting catastrophic climate consequences will be irretrievably lost. If you can vote for these clowns and then look your kids and grandkids in the eye while effectively saying 'scr*w you', well, what else can I say.

And I just closed my Twitter account...

Status
Not open for further replies.