Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this case Elon was saying it's because of "X" and employees were saying he was wrong. A good boss, or any person interested in knowledge, should be interested in facts. In the past Elon has claimed to be that type of person.

As has been beaten to near death here - you DON'T bring that the boss's attention in a PUBLIC VENUE. The goal with that is to not productively help the boss understand something, but to attempt to embarrass him.

In my experience, employees who are willing to speak up tend to be the smarter better informed ones.

You will never hear from the lazy and incompetent staff - they do not want any light shined on themselves.

Not so much. They are the ones that like to hear themselves speak a lot. You can speak up, and do so in a manner that doesn't attempt to "shame" the boss. The boss is doing well enough on shaming himself.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Why did the boss make the statement in a PUBLIC VENUE if he DIDN'T want a public response?

Maybe he did want a public response. But a more constructive and polite one that wouldn't understandably tick him off? You can point out when somebody (even Elon) is incorrect about something in a polite way, rather than giving a patronising and attitude-laden brain dump.

Last edited:
I don't see that fact check in my twitter. Maybe it's only in U.S.?
This is what it looks like a few days later

1668531336717.png

followed by

1668531371773.png

The referenced note was not added by Twitter's fact-checking team. It was added through the crowdsourced Birdwatch program by independent Twitter users.

Yes, I suppose Elon should fire the whole Autopilot team too.
Apples to oranges

Apple: Other large social media platform can get andriod to work just fine, so there shouldn't be any excuse
Oranges: No one knows the answer to full L5 autonomy as it's never been done, so everything is experimental and requires lot of rewrites/resets/pivots.

Maybe he did want a public response. But a more constructive and polite one that wouldn't understandably tick him off? You can point out when somebody (even Elon) is incorrect about something in a polite way, rather than giving a patronising and attitude-laden brain dump.
What was patronizing and attitude laden about this?

Why did the boss make the statement in a PUBLIC VENUE if he DIDN'T want a public response?
Musk apologized to his clients/customers for twitter being slow under certain circumstances. No one asked for any public response to this. Any public response from an employee besides "we are working hard to resolve the problem" is wrong. I don't know why this is even being argued.

Musk apologized to his clients/customers for twitter being slow under certain circumstances. No one asked for any public response to this. Any public response from an employee besides "we are working hard to resolve the problem" is wrong. I don't know why this is even being argued.
Calling out your boss as a “stupid doody head” for all to see tends to put you on the fast track to Firedville.

Good point if your boss is thin skinned and more concerned with appearance than facts.

Go back, the guy has been criticizing Elon even before he completed buying Twitter.

No, you DO NOT let the troops mutiny like this. If you have to, you fire every last one of them. Allowing something like this to continue is a cancer against good corporate culture.

We are also seeing a clash of corporate cultures in general here. Twitter = coddled. Elon = hard core. Those are mutually exclusive, and being the new boss, Elon will eventually get his way.

Hard to think of a better way to get media attention than buying Twitter. The drama continues.
Remind me again, why does the richest man in the world need/seek publicity? As a TSLA investor and owner his public meltdowns shake my confidence. And I fear Musk is commingling funds between his companies, which is illegal, if proven. Since Tesla is a profit center, its shareholders may unwittingly be funding Musk's losing ventures. I view Musk as an unkempt cross between Albert Einstein and Bernie Madoff. The smartest move he can make is banning himself from Twitter.

Good point if your boss is thin skinned and more concerned with appearance than facts.
Wtf man. During a vulnerable time when advertisers are questioning twitter, you think it's a good time for employees to publicly dunk on the ceo? Just sell your stock and leave if this is the type of argument we have to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.