Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ZenRockGarden beat me to it as to why those two points specifically are not at all comparable to Tesla and SpaceX's mission statements.

I will add further unlike with Tesla and SpaceX, Elon does not have a clearly laid out plan to achieve either of those goals. He did for Tesla, first release a higher end car and then go down market to achieve volume. For SpaceX it was reusable rockets to reduce the cost of space travel and using the funds from that to eventually establish a colony in Mars.

For Twitter, for the town square idea, Elon already walked back on opening up on Twitter due to advertiser pressure, so it is pretty clear Twitter will remain moderated and under the pressures of advertisers. The only additional revenue source he laid out was the $8 checkmarks, and he walked that back also. There have been no other viable ideas for additional revenue sources to free Twitter from control by advertisers.

For the financial idea, he has laid out no plans to achieve it. It is clear he was inspired by Wechat, but he have not given a path way to achieve that.

The other huge issue is Elon didn't go in with a clear determination. He did everything possible to try to get out of the deal. He even bad mouthed the company. There was no determination like when he started SpaceX and funded Tesla. Employees are not blind to this given this was very public and widely reported (even people that don't follow Twitter or tech news knew about it because it was all over mainstream media).

Plenty of people were attracted to working at Twitter back before Elon's current conditions because the benefits were great, there was remote work available, and it was possible to maintain a good work/life balance. Now it's a different story. Elon clearly wants a workforce that will work for long hours in a highly motivated fashion, just like the early days of Tesla and SpaceX. But my point was that was driven by a very strong mission, just don't see a strong mission for Twitter. I'm not saying there are no people willing to work there even under those conditions (there are certainly Elon fans out there that might), but saying it's not at all same as with Tesla and SpaceX.
Just like how ICBM from Russia and converting an ICE car to EV was all part of the plan and fully capitalized on? Elons plans change as problem arises. Due to ad revenue hit and we are facing a recession, his current plans are

1. Reduce cost, do more with less

2. Fix the revenue problem that twitter have lost

3. Add low hanging fruit features and getting rid of annoying features

4. After twitter is no longer a money furnace, then work on future projects

Currently the main feature Musk is bringing to Twitter is less banning. As close to everyone gets a voice and he will moderate the reach of that voice depending on how toxic it is. He doesn't want toxic voices that are gaining popularity even with reach suppression be silenced so they can conjugate somewhere, make up conspiracy about how they are right and the world wants to shut them down and blew even more radicalization through the echo chamber they decided to stay on while everyone else in the echo chamber of similar morals thinking these voices dosent exist gets blind sided. People too quickly dismiss what they find as toxic voices and label them as _______ without asking why these voices exist.

Last edited:
Plenty of people were attracted to working at Twitter back before Elon's current conditions because the benefits were great, there was remote work available, and it was possible to maintain a good work/life balance. Now it's a different story. Elon clearly wants a workforce that will work for long hours in a highly motivated fashion, just like the early days of Tesla and SpaceX. But my point was that was driven by a very strong mission, just don't see a strong mission for Twitter. I'm not saying there are no people willing to work there even under those conditions (there are certainly Elon fans out there that might), but saying it's not at all same as with Tesla and SpaceX.
Come work for Tesla and help the world avoid climate change disaster.
Come work for SpaceX and help the world become multiplanetary.
Come work for Twitter so people can say any *sugar* about any thing even if it is 100% entirely false.

One of these is not like the others.

Also I have spent more time on twitter just blocking advertisers since the Trump decision.

With the exception the time is gone.
Twitter is the Turbo for everything he now touches. What used to be 1 month is now down to one week and he constantly shows the he gives a f**** sake for investors, users, and friends (Jack White, Trent Reznor), while in parallel trying to trigger Trump.

The tides are turning in a way that the perception of the exact same actions which made him appear „cool“ are now showing a Uber fragile, overtaxed bossy kid.
The Moment the keyboard is taken away, the moment he shows a grown up responsibility is the Moment the bleeding of Tesla stops.

It feels like Beavis & Butthead took over
You mean that “Space Karen” thing he got tagged with on …Twitter?

Last edited:
Come work for Tesla and help the world avoid climate change disaster.
Come work for SpaceX and help the world become multiplanetary.
Come work for Twitter so people can say any *sugar* about any thing even if it is 100% entirely false.

One of these is not like the others.

Also I have spent more time on twitter just blocking advertisers since the Trump decision.
1669125934622.jpeg

Doesnt give him cover just show he lied. Why should we believe him on earnings calls? Why should we believe him when he gives out information at events? He has always been bad with estimates on timing when things will be ready. Now it is likely just because he doesnt know and just lies.
Then don’t believe him and move on.

Why are we still here then? If he’s this horrible, lying, spoiled rich brat then why is any of our precious time and energy being wasted on him?

What would motivate anyone to spend a single second longer thinking about, reading about, typing about such a useless, incorrigible human being? Let’s go pick someone better to follow and invest in them. That seems like that would be a more productive plan.

Who do you suggest is a better, saner individual that is worthy of investing our hard earned money in? Someone who will focus on propping up the SP of their businesses so that we might all bathe in riches.

Lead the way. Let’s blow this popsicle stand.

Tongue in cheek of course.

“Won’t someone rid me of this priest?”
better than tongue in cheek (?) than explicitly tweeting the night of J6 (!) ... "these are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots" ... later deleted and he got banned from twitter afterwards.

I'd rather have him working a press brake bending Cybertruck panels or with a microfiber detailing Tesla vehicles than spending one second on anything Twitter related.
I imagine it’s being worked on by capable employees at Tesla. Other people need jobs too. 😉

I’d rather a lot of people be doing other things too. Like everyone here who’s clearly unhappy, I’d like them to sell their TSLA stock and go find a new hobby that enriches their lives and makes them happy. All the energy they pour into this forum being mad at Elon and arguing back and forth could be used for something far more rewarding.

I imagine it’s being worked on by capable employees at Tesla. Other people need jobs too. 😉

I’d rather a lot of people be doing other things too. Like everyone here who’s clearly unhappy, I’d like them to sell their TSLA stock and go find a new hobby that enriches their lives and makes them happy. All the energy they pour into this forum being mad at Elon and arguing back and forth could be used for something far more rewarding.
And I'd like some people to be able to handle criticism of Elon without telling people to sell stock and leave the forum. Seems we'll both continue to be disappointed.

And I'd like some people to be able to handle criticism of Elon without telling people to sell stock and leave the forum. Seems we'll both continue to be disappointed.
Yes. I was a EV/Tesla fan before I knew Elon existed.

Elon has been great for Tesla when he's concentrating on Tesla and SpaceX.

Injecting himself into politics and buying Twitter had been HORRIBLE for the brand, stock price, and the Tesla mission.

People not wanting to buy a Tesla because they hate Elon's behavior and politics IS NOT GOOD FOR THE MISSION!

If You are happy that Your preferred engineer buys a shouting app he´s addicted to and in the process acts unforgivable and neglects his child to the point it´s starving you are the true definition hardcore. Now press the unlike button.

Status
Not open for further replies.