Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If as many as 90% of Twitter's DAU are bots (as Elon claimed in court - LOL) why is he sharing charts of Twitter's DAU rising? Wasn't he going to defeat the bots or die trying? Shouldn't we see that figure shrink as the bots are defeated? Oops.

He's also blurring the line of accounts, DAU, and mDAU - a distinction he appeared not to grasp in the court proceedings. It's unclear if he grasps it now or is intentionally misleading everyone.

And I'd like some people to be able to handle criticism of Elon without telling people to sell stock and leave the forum. Seems we'll both continue to be disappointed.
Let’s be real for a moment and honest. Can we do that?

What’s going on *here* isn’t criticism. It ceased being criticism 300 pages ago. It’s pure, unadulterated Elon is stupid, Elon is out of control, Elon isn’t in his right mind, Elon is destroying Tesla, TSLA and my portfolio, Elon can’t do anything right and he’s going to fail.

Let me give you an example of criticism; Elon made a mistake linking to a fake article about Paul Pelosi. He rectified the mistake by deleting the tweet and moving on.

But hey, I understand that some people need to harp on other’s mistakes.

I offered an option, hey, call it a bloody CRITICISM of their behavior if that appeals to you, for those people to move on, be happier, and more productive. I even asked them for a better person to follow and a better investment option. *crickets*

If it’s okay for you to criticize Elon’s behavior, it sure should definitely be okay for me to criticize your behavior. That seems fair, huh?

I'd rather have him working a press brake bending Cybertruck panels or with a microfiber detailing Tesla vehicles than spending one second on anything Twitter related.
Don’t worry, he flew out to Texas and installed the press brake. That’s him in the black hoodie. On top of everything else, he’s a superb construction foreman. Who knew?

1669136891236.png

Not sure why people think Musk needs to touch every piece of everything at Tesla… it’s called delegation.

And yes, that is the press brake for the Cybertruck getting installed. No… that’s not Musk doing it. He knows it’s a waste of time because better qualified people can do it quicker.

And I'd like some people to be able to handle criticism of Elon without telling people to sell stock and leave the forum. Seems we'll both continue to be disappointed.
I’m fine with this. Until they start raving for pages at a time making it abundantly clear they have no clue what Musk’s actual interactions with investors is like.

This is an investor discussion in the investor forum, when you spew a bunch of ignorance about the company and investor relations, you will get flamed.

Let me give you an example of criticism; Elon made a mistake linking to a fake article about Paul Pelosi. He rectified the mistake by deleting the tweet and moving on.
Ah but that's the thing... He deleted it but never apologized for it. He continues to reply to and retweet other right wing tropes. He continues to pour fuel on the fire.

He should balance it out by trying to earnestly work with the Biden government on clean energy initiatives.

Things like that the only thing I think that could start to undo the downward spiral of discontent on both sides.

If it’s okay for you to criticize Elon’s behavior, it sure should definitely be okay for me to criticize your behavior. That seems fair, huh?
Of course it is but that is different than telling people to sell the stock and leave the forum. It's obvious this thread is mostly going to be an Elon complaint thread, which is good because it keeps the main thread a bit more focused. It's up to each member to decide if they want to keep seeing the same complaints or not.

Injecting himself into politics and buying Twitter had been HORRIBLE for the brand, stock price, and the Tesla mission.

People not wanting to buy a Tesla because they hate Elon's behavior and politics IS NOT GOOD FOR THE MISSION!
I keep reading that, and yet Tesla continues to expand production and deliver record numbers quarter after quarter and simply can’t keep up with demand.

Nope. Not interested in hearing about a hypothetical future date where Tesla demand craters. People have been saying that for literally years. I’ll be interested in knowing the exact day it happens (or will happen if you know that) and that’s the day I’ll sell my shares.

It’s pure, unadulterated Elon is stupid, Elon is out of control, Elon isn’t in his right mind, Elon is destroying Tesla, TSLA and my portfolio, Elon can’t do anything right and he’s going to fail.
There are examples of bright men making a terrible mistake and losing it all. Throughout history. I guess some are afraid Twitter is Elon's "waterloo".

When the chips (or in this case $TSLA) is down, people get very anxious. I remember some folks blaming me (!) for bullish posts in the investment thread in '19 Q1. Incidentally when TSLA was around 180 (pre-pre-split).

No, he didn't rectify the mistake, because (1) he's still somebody who posted it (2) he didn't apologize for posting it.
Both of those tell you something about his judgment and character.

On the positive side Tesla showing continued growth without Elon reduces the key man risk factor the stock has always had. Once the market becomes more comfortable with the idea that he's no longer essential to the company the stock will hopefully recover and be more immune to his extracurricular activities in the future. The market will also hopefully react more favorably to having a new CEO when that eventually happens.

If You are happy that Your preferred engineer buys a shouting app he´s addicted to and in the process acts unforgivable and neglects his child to the point it´s starving you are the true definition hardcore. Now press the unlike button.
So here’s the thing; I don’t care what he does outside of the business I’ve invested my money into. Beyond of course heinous, illegal crimes. I care what that SPECIFIC business is doing. And the truth of the matter; Tesla is killing it.

I don’t care about his political opinions or what he tweets about other than tweets about Tesla. I don’t care if he neglects his 83 children; that’s between him, his babies mothers and the children. I don’t care what his addiction may be anymore than I care what yours is.

The louder you shout, the more irate you become, and certainly the more you exaggerate, the less I believe you have something to say I should hear.

Let’s be real for a moment and honest. Can we do that?

What’s going on *here* isn’t criticism. It ceased being criticism 300 pages ago. It’s pure, unadulterated Elon is stupid, Elon is out of control, Elon isn’t in his right mind, Elon is destroying Tesla, TSLA and my portfolio, Elon can’t do anything right and he’s going to fail.

But hey, I understand that some people need to harp on other’s mistakes.

I offered an option, hey, call it a bloody CRITICISM of their behavior if that appeals to you, for those people to move on, be happier, and more productive. I even asked them for a better person to follow and a better investment option. *crickets*

This sounds very much the argument by authoritarian governments that any criticism that is not "constructive" (by their definition) should be shut off from expressing their views.
This thread clearly was split off to allow people to vent about the whole Twitter thing and not have it distract from other threads, so people doing just that should be expected.

People didn't ask you to leave this discussion thread and stop defending Elon, I think it's fair to point out you shouldn't try to get people to leave the forums just because they are criticizing (or complaining) about Elon's whole Twitter ordeal. They really need no justification to do so, nor do they need to be constructive, it could simply be the fact Elon's actions on Twitter have cratered Tesla's stock value. That doesn't mean it makes any logical sense to sell the stock at this point (when it is at a low point). You can point out why you think their point is wrong, but that's different than just telling them to leave.

No, he didn't rectify the mistake, because (1) he's still somebody who posted it (2) he didn't apologize for posting it.
Both of those tell you something about his judgment and character.
🤦

So it’s a mistake you feel he needs to wear for the rest of his life, all the way to his grave? And because you didn’t see him apologize that’s it for you?

So I can assume you’ve sold all your TSLA because someone of your character wouldn’t invest in a company of someone of that character, right? And your continued presence *here* is because, why? I mean, if you’ve said your peace about this person of such horrible judgement and character what more is there for you here? Help me understand the hypocrisy.

This sounds very much the argument by authoritarian governments that any criticism that is not "constructive" (by their definition) should be shut off from expressing their views.
This thread clearly was split off to allow people to vent about the whole Twitter thing and not have it distract from other threads, so people doing just that should be expected.

People didn't ask you to leave this discussion thread and stop defending Elon, I think it's fair to point out you shouldn't try to get people to leave the forums just because they are criticizing (or complaining) about Elon's whole Twitter ordeal. They really need no justification to do so, nor do they need to be constructive, it could simply be the fact Elon's actions on Twitter have cratered Tesla's stock value. That doesn't mean it makes any logical sense to sell the stock at this point (when it is at a low point). You can point out why you think their point is wrong, but that's different than just telling them to leave.
So yelling for 300+ pages about how stupid and awful he is, is constructive!? Um, ok. 😳

I’m not actually defending him. That you think I am means you’re not paying attention. What I’m doing is questioning and pointing out the behavior of people here. What I’m doing is suggesting people try a different perspective, that they view themselves as critically as they view Elon. That there are other options for them then being angry for weeks on end about someone and something they have no control over. What I’m doing is disagreeing with the bad behavior here.

I don’t care what he’s doing with Twitter. I don’t care what he tweets besides Tesla related stuff. I have a good idea what he wants to do with Twitter. I believe he’ll succeed. Beyond that, meh.

Last edited:
I keep reading that, and yet Tesla continues to expand production and deliver record numbers quarter after quarter and simply can’t keep up with demand.

Nope. Not interested in hearing about a hypothetical future date where Tesla demand craters. People have been saying that for literally years. I’ll be interested in knowing the exact day it happens (or will happen if you know that) and that’s the day I’ll sell my shares.
How's that stock doing right now?

On the positive side Tesla showing continued growth without Elon reduces the key man risk factor the stock has always had. Once the market becomes more comfortable with the idea that he's no longer essential to the company the stock will hopefully recover and be more immune to his extracurricular activities in the future. The market will also hopefully react more favorably to having a new CEO when that eventually happens.
Musk spent 3 months earlier this year where he spent the majority of his time working on the Raptor engines for Starship.

This is not any different. Save you don’t like what the non-Tesla project is.

Tesla, SpaceX, and the Boring Company all have competent managers to deal with the day-to-day administration and competent engineers to complete the projects they are working on.

How's that stock doing right now?

Up about 800% since I invested.

If you are talking about year to date . . . well, everything has taken it on the chin, including Tesla.

But we know you were hoping to cherry-pick a datapoint to support an argument, and not look at the big picture of the stock price, and those who might be manipulating it for their benefit, etc. etc.

Then don’t believe him and move on.

Why are we still here then? If he’s this horrible, lying, spoiled rich brat then why is any of our precious time and energy being wasted on him?

What would motivate anyone to spend a single second longer thinking about, reading about, typing about such a useless, incorrigible human being? Let’s go pick someone better to follow and invest in them. That seems like that would be a more productive plan.

Who do you suggest is a better, saner individual that is worthy of investing our hard earned money in? Someone who will focus on propping up the SP of their businesses so that we might all bathe in riches.

Lead the way. Let’s blow this popsicle stand.
Whatever Business Hunter is involved in would be a good start…
Of course it is but that is different than telling people to sell the stock and leave the forum. It's obvious this thread is mostly going to be an Elon complaint thread, which is good because it keeps the main thread a bit more focused. It's up to each member to decide if they want to keep seeing the same complaints or not.
I can care less about Musk… I buy his cars, trade his stocks, and use Twitter because I either like the product, the $$$ being made, or the laughs from the meltdowns occurring. Difference is some want to complain and complain for the sake of complaining… probably to virtue signal or just to be a Karen. To be successful in life you need to be more tolerant… don’t like something then sluff it off and move on… life is too short.

Status
Not open for further replies.