Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me give you an example of criticism; Elon made a mistake linking to a fake article about Paul Pelosi. He rectified the mistake by deleting the tweet and moving on.
So instead of apologizing on the mistake one makes, the person can simply delete/erase it?
This looks to me that person just pretends nothing ever happened.
No wonder twitter is a mess.

Looks like Musk hid text messages between himself and SBF. The conspiracy is larger than I thought. He took more money from SBF than the politicians.
Just kidding, he hid a bunch of text messages (one of the many reasons he was going to lose at trial).

It will be interesting to see what happens to FTX’s share. Presumably it will need to be sold and the sale price will be public which will give us some idea of what Twitter is worth right now.

Ahem, which of those stocks constitutes literally ONE HALF of ALL OPTIONS in the entire stock market? Yeah, the level of manipulation is egregous on TSLA.

The manipulators are latching on to Elon and Twitter to push their narrative, but when I look at the BUSINESS, it's healthier than ever.

And for anyone that's been watching TSLA since the early 2010s, this is nothing new, we see these "overblown" reactions to everything (a la 2019 and the stock getting kneecapped on "concerns of bankruptcy").

You guys do what you want, but I've been slowly and quietly increasing my position in TLSA, both in shares and LEAPS. Cheers to the longs!
so if TSLA stock is doing super = Elon is the best! genius!!!

if TSLA stock trends poorly = manipulation! it's rigged!!!

sounds oddly familiar... if I win it's fair and square - if i lose it's rigged and full of fraud...

Musk cannot switch his political views back unless his company is on the brink of bankruptcy and is still this underdog trying to change the industry. Now that he has succeeded, his wealth blew up to the point of being attacked constantly by the anti-billionaires. The guy sold off all possessions, tank company stocks just to pay taxes, and work 120hrs/week and yet he "doesn't pay his fair share" and "his companies only survives on government subsides". Unless Elon gives up 95% of his wealth driving Tesla stock to near zero in the process, that party who used to cheer for him will want nothing but wish everything he has implodes.
No this isn't true. He attacks Democrats and feeds the fire. He plays into the worst stereotypes about him.

If he championed clean energy without attacking the far left wouldn't dislike him as much. He's certainly not making it easy for people to like him.

To fight back the way he does obviously isn't the answer.

An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

Ahem, which of those stocks constitutes literally ONE HALF of ALL OPTIONS in the entire stock market? Yeah, the level of manipulation is egregous on TSLA.

The manipulators are latching on to Elon and Twitter to push their narrative, but when I look at the BUSINESS, it's healthier than ever.

And for anyone that's been watching TSLA since the early 2010s, this is nothing new, we see these "overblown" reactions to everything (a la 2019 and the stock getting kneecapped on "concerns of bankruptcy").

You guys do what you want, but I've been slowly and quietly increasing my position in TLSA, both in shares and LEAPS. Cheers to the longs!
You are not the only one that has watched (or in my case invested) TSLA since the early 2010s. Easy cop out to simply say market manipulation and nothing to do with Elon's actions.

Complaining here will not change anything Elon does.
Neither does defending him. People complaining are not necessarily trying to change what Elon does.
I accepted that Elon wasn't perfect years ago.

IMO what Elon is doing with Twitter should have zero impact on Tesla stock, unless it has proven to impact on demand. Notice I say proven, not assumed.
Elon selling TSLA shares very much will and has affected TSLA stock and he has sold a bunch to support his Twitter purchase. He may need to sell more if things at Twitter does not go well. I'm sure a lot of people wish he didn't get into this mess and for a good part of the year that included Elon himself (the whole point of the lawsuit).
I do wish Elon's political views would switch back to where they were 3 years ago. But I am also not sure they have a proven net effect on demand.

Even if any of this was proven, it is hard to see how a viable solution could be achieved. Getting Elon to stand down from all duties would be difficult.

Perhaps when Q4 production and deliveries land they will be so dire that everyone will want Elon removed ASAP /s.
It's much harder to prove causative effects of Elon's political views because you can't really pinpoint a time. You can get anecdotal accounts but that's it. That said, I have seen very few if any claim that his current political direction is significantly positive for Tesla vehicle or TSLA demand. I just don't see the crowd that would support that side be convinced enough to buy an EV or TSLA stock simply because they agree with Elon's political views, given Tesla as a company is so against their values.
It seems like it would be much easier however for the other side to buy a different EV or not buy TSLA stock due to his political views.

You are not the only one that has watched (or in my case invested) TSLA since the early 2010s. Easy cop out to simply say market manipulation and nothing to do with Elon's actions.

No, I'm arguing, and you have failed to convince me otherwise, that the Elon/Twitter "saga" is a small side-show. The typical manipulators have latched on to it to make people think it's the root of all that has caused TSLA to drop, but the evidence doesn't support that conclusion. It's a FACTOR in the drop, but I don't agree it is the root of everything. The EV and tech sectors have been CRUSHED in the past 2 months.

I lay more responsibility on J.Powell than I do Elon for TSLA's (and other stocks) drop. Can't fight the FED. Can't even pretend to.

Reactions: Krugerrand
How many high profile FUD stories were published about the other stocks?
You do know my point was that TSLA isnt simply following the market like I see like 1000 times from Elon apologists. Yes that was a touch of hyperbole. It doesnt do Tesla any good to put head in sand and believe is impossible for Elon to do something wrong.

so if TSLA stock is doing super = Elon is the best! genius!!!

if TSLA stock trends poorly = manipulation! it's rigged!!!

sounds oddly familiar... if I win it's fair and square - if i lose it's rigged and full of fraud...

I didn't claim Elon was a stock genius, don't put words in my mouth.

In fact, he's repeatedly stated, prior to anything Twitter related, that TSLA was over-priced.

IF you actually followed my posts in the main investors thread, you would see that I am firmly in the camp that the MM and Hedge funds abuse/manipulate TSLA share price for their own gains. Sometimes that's up (good market, low rates), often it is down (short the stock on the backdrop of horrible macros).

No this isn't true. He attacks Democrats and feeds the fire. He plays into the worst stereotypes about him.

If he championed clean energy without attacking the far left wouldn't dislike him as much. He's certainly not making it easy for people to like him.

He tried to get rid of attack vectors but was still attacked. That was most likely when he realized there's no satisfying them besides forming an union, give away his wealth, and trash the republican party.

You do know my point was that TSLA isnt simply following the market like I see like 1000 times from Elon apologists. Yes that was a touch of hyperbole. It doesnt do Tesla any good to put head in sand and believe is impossible for Elon to do something wrong.
I have never claimed Elon does nothing wrong.

I know that he makes plenty of mistakes ,and that bad relations with the left are a definite problem.

My claim is that fundamentally Elon hasn't changed, and he hasn't gone crazy, his plans for Twitter are not totally crazy.

I'm also claiming that any impact on the Tesla share price from Elon and Twitter is way overblown and mostly short term.

He tried to get rid of attack vectors but was still attacked. That was most likely when he realized there's no satisfying them besides forming an union, give away his wealth, and trash the republican party.
He definitely did not get rid of the attack vectors. He's insulted people and thrown fuel on the fire.

No, I'm arguing, and you have failed to convince me otherwise, that the Elon/Twitter "saga" is a small side-show. The typical manipulators have latched on to it to make people think it's the root of all that has caused TSLA to drop, but the evidence doesn't support that conclusion. It's a FACTOR in the drop, but I don't agree it is the root of everything. The EV and tech sectors have been CRUSHED in the past 2 months.

I lay more responsibility on J.Powell than I do Elon for TSLA's (and other stocks) drop. Can't fight the FED. Can't even pretend to.
So you are suggesting that me putting out the last months performance doesnt go back enough. If I went back 2 months TSLA would look much better in comparison to the other stocks.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC

Again, you have to understand Elon's history and personality, then all of this makes sense.

If you look back, Elon was attacked by individuals of the left party. He was bullied, sometimes brutally, as a kid. He learned to never take *sugar* from anyone, and stand up and fight. He is not the kind of personality that will roll over to a personal attack if he feels it is unwarranted. He will go to GREAT LENGTHS to prove someone wrong (i.e. he sold TSLA stock and paid more taxes than any human in history - EVER - just to shut Elizabeth Warren up about "billionaires don't pay their fair share").

WHEN YOU UNDERSTAND this mentality about Elon, and also understand that it will NEVER change, then you can frame his behavior and understand 90+% of his actions regarding confrontations.

He will never back down against what he feels is a betrayal and attack from the Dem party. Period.

Doesn't matter if you agree with it, if you would act differently, etc. THAT is Elon's personality, in a nutshell, and he will act accordingly if he feels bullied, attacked, or wronged. It doesn't make his actions right/correct, but it should help most people to understand the "why".

I didn't claim Elon was a stock genius, don't put words in my mouth.

In fact, he's repeatedly stated, prior to anything Twitter related, that TSLA was over-priced.

IF you actually followed my posts in the main investors thread, you would see that I am firmly in the camp that the MM and Hedge funds abuse/manipulate TSLA share price for their own gains. Sometimes that's up (good market, low rates), often it is down (short the stock on the backdrop of horrible macros).
Can you show us the last time that Elon said TSLA was overpriced?

Again, you have to understand Elon's history and personality, then all of this makes sense.

If you look back, Elon was attacked by individuals of the left party. He was bullied, sometimes brutally, as a kid. He learned to never take *sugar* from anyone, and stand up and fight. He is not the kind of personality that will roll over to a personal attack if he feels it is unwarranted. He will go to GREAT LENGTHS to prove someone wrong (i.e. he sold TSLA stock and paid more taxes than any human in history - EVER - just to shut Elizabeth Warren up about "billionaires don't pay their fair share").

WHEN YOU UNDERSTAND this mentality about Elon, and also understand that it will NEVER change, then you can frame his behavior and understand 90+% of his actions regarding confrontations.

He will never back down against what he feels is a betrayal and attack from the Dem party. Period.

Doesn't matter if you agree with it, if you would act differently, etc. THAT is Elon's personality, in a nutshell, and he will act accordingly if he feels bullied, attacked, or wronged. It doesn't make his actions right/correct, but it should help most people to understand the "why".
I do wish Biden would reach out to him more publicly on SpaceX and Tesla matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.