Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many factors...a falling market, looming recession, the possibility that the recession will cause some green policies to go on the back burner, the splitting of the shares, Elon’s big sell off etc etc.
I also think that investors are seeing EVs coming out of the legacy car makers and are assuming that Tesla dominance will be shared. Unfortunately they are not appreciating the technical superiority of Tesla...then again perhaps they have profiled those with brand loyalty exactly right.
There’s something to the brand loyalty thing. But over the next few years as it remains clear the competitors are still “almost there!” ... but not really... that will be reflected in valuations. I just can’t see the NON Tesla charging networks being practical for years still, for one thing.

Reactions: DrGriz
The first three people are well-known outliers by any reasonable standard on the left or right. They’re not representative.
Union-guy Biden’s creaky, misguided belief that the Big Three are what counts in “Detroit” led to that tin-eared decision not to invite Elon to an event. Being ignored by an old guy is hardly an attack.
Should not have happened, even Biden’s aides were shaking their heads, but that dude lives in the ‘60s. Neglected is not attacked, though.
Hardly a reason to go embrace people who don’t believe climate change is real. Either that is a fundamental value, or it’s not. Right now? The evidence says it’s not.

It’s true that ignoring Tesla was bad optics, but not an attack.

What happened two weeks ago was really awful though: Biden saying that Elon’s foreign connections are ‘worth looking at’. Not yet McCarthyism, but definitely a very slippery slope and, if you ask me, an abuse of power if he would go through with it.

Seriously? No, legit question. SERIOUSLY?

1) Attacked by AOC repeatedly because he's a billionaire
2) Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders - attacked Elon because he "didn't pay his fair share" of taxes. A tax code, btw, that BOTH of them when you go back and look at their voting records voted for, not against.
3) Biden - invited EVERY EV maker to the White House for an "EV Summit" except . . . the EV maker that has produced more EVs than everyone else (literally) combined

There are so many more examples, it's not even funny. Even the most far-left individuals on this forum acknowledge that the Dem party has done wrong by Elon.
AOC who bought a Tesla. Unfortunately when you become the wealthiest person in the world you do become the poster child for inequality and no it isnt fair because he doesnt make it from salary. Why does it take people like me to respond to people like AOC, Bernie, and Warren that do you care about Climate Change only if no one becomes wealthy fighting.

As for the administration yes Elon doesnt get the photo ops. If he was more mature about this Elon would see that although Tesla gets huge policy benefits more than any other company GM and Ford get photo ops to make rust belt workers feel better. Notice you didnt see Biden have a rose garden event for GM and Ford at end of 2021 when Tesla lobbied CAFE standards were raised boosting ZEV credits right to Tesla bottom line.
So has Dem party done wrong by Elon? In the balance of things no F'ing way. Now tell me what the Republican party has done for Elon.

It would be more akin to doing a short sale on an underwater mortgage. If the banks think they are going to lose money and they can get a guarantee of $xx cash on their debt they may be willing to bargain.
Maybe Elon could take a cue from some other...err...entrepreneurs and start an outside corporation in the Bahamas to buy the debt....

It’s true that ignoring Tesla was bad optics, but not an attack.

What happened two weeks ago was really awful though: Biden saying that Elon’s foreign connections are ‘worth looking at’. Not yet McCarthyism, but definitely a very slippery slope and, if you ask me, an abuse of power if he would go through with it.
All true. With just the caveat that Biden was responding to a direct question from a reporter. In essence he was prodded to respond to a topic he didn’t seem that interested in.
And the fact of the matter is, it would be a breach of duty if some part of the federal government -- a MINOR office of DOJ maybe -- didn’t at least take 30 minutes to Google, check a database or two or make a few calls after Elon pulled that Lucy/football stunt with Starlink and Ukraine. But no one in federal government appeared to think there actually was a large chance of improper foreign ties...probably including Biden. They didn’t seem to give it any serious consideration or put any effort into it. But Biden was braced with that question in an unrelated news conference and he had to answer it truthfully and that was the end of it.
But yeah, if they had gone after him without any proof of a serious issue? straight up McCarthy.

Bush signed the original EV tax credit (the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007). Arguably that did more for Tesla than anything to date.
Yeah but to be fair, the 110th Congress had Democrats in the majority in both houses. Senate was divided 49-49 but had two independents who caucused with the Dems so it was functionally 51-49.

Explains how he got rid of all possessions because it's an attack vector, and how billionaires are looked in a negative light.

I love the spin that Elon is living in a tiny shack with no furniture. In reality, he has "friends mansions" around the country where he actually stays. He is not suffering in any way - billionaries don't have to "own" things just like they don't have to take a big salary - their needs are met in other ways that conveniently keep stuff off the books and away from the tax man.

I love the spin that Elon is living in a tiny shack with no furniture. In reality, he has "friends mansions" around the country where he actually stays. He is not suffering in any way - billionaries don't have to "own" things just like they don't have to take a big salary - their needs are met in other ways that conveniently keep stuff off the books and away from the tax man.
I'm not supportive of it, but there is also an element of the left that argue for taxing unrealized gains for the richest people in the country. Elon's possessions include a lot of stock that he leverages to get loans to get lots of money to use. This is the way a lot the richest people avoid taxes. Elon is still ranked high in Forbes and is very much a billionaire for this reason.

If he really got rid of all possessions, he would need to get rid of all that stock. As it relates to this thread he was able to buy Twitter on a whim for $44 billion. That's not something someone truly with no possessions would be able to do. Even if he really lived in a shack and has a relatively frugal life (he clearly doesn't by the way, he still flies in his private jet and was photographed on a yacht earlier in the year), those possessions make it so no one would really be convinced that "attack vector" was eliminated.

PS: in case this triggers anyone, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with flying on private jets, partying on yachts, or living a lavish lifestyle.

Explains how he got rid of all possessions because it's an attack vector, and how billionaires are looked in a negative light.

Yes I remember that interview.

But that's not all attack vectors. Pretty much only responding to right wing Twitter personalities and boosting anti semitic Kanye is a pretty freaking huge attack vector.

Yeah but to be fair, the 110th Congress had Democrats in the majority in both houses. Senate was divided 49-49 but had two independents who caucused with the Dems so it was functionally 51-49.

So? It would have NEVER passed without the signature of Bush. Dems didn't have supermajority to override a veto.

There is irony in everything. Bush signed that bill, and lots will say Repubs hate Elon's policies. But the latest irony is Biden signed the IRA, but didn't get the union provisions, which means the bill will benefit Tesla the most.

Irony, Irony, Irony.

Elon should call me up if he ever needs to come to SD. I'll let him stay rent free, as long as he likes. :D

Yes I remember that interview.

But that's not all attack vectors. Pretty much only responding to right wing Twitter personalities and boosting anti semitic Kanye is a pretty freaking huge attack vector.
Well the second part of my post is Elon flipping the table and just giving up appeasing to those who attacks him. So now he is in full gun slinging mode.

Personally I am not a fan and would like to see more centrist posts from him vs agreeing with everyone who shits on dems all day.

1669157284583.png

Just went through my afternoon email and along with 4 others going out to his donor list was this one…. He and Elon aren’t getting on all that well right now clearly….

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.