Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Single data point:

Just had Thanksgiving dinner, which is a big production for my wife's family (over 100 people). There were about a 8-9 Tesla's parked outside.

Lots of conversation about various subjects, but when Tesla came up, the ONLY thing anyone was taking about was:
1) How fast the cars are
2) The features not found in any other car
3) Autopilot and FSD beta

No one mentioned Elon or Twitter.

Tesla's going to be fine. Better than fine.
Your family sounds fun! 😀

Someone already had to eat crow due to their prediction of twitter collapse, I expect this will be an on-going occurrence in the next 12 months since different detractors predicted different collapse time. In the end this will be the largest crow eating exercise in human history so much so that we ought to declare crow an endangered species, and it will prove once and for all how stupid it is to bet against Elon Musk.

I don't think there is a point unless he grooms a successor (if he hasn't already).

Who would replace him with that would improve Tesla's ability to execute on its mission? Why?

Not a lot of talent out there at Elon’s level. Unfortunately his primary goals are Mars and culture war, not maximizing Tesla outcomes which matters when such things conflict. That helps to create a pool of more effective replacements at lesser skill.

I read this board long enough to judge it. In general, it is not helpful for anyone attempting to position themselves for better future performance.

With piles of bad news, rising interest rates and a new COVID breakout in China it is impossible to pin one specific thing on Tesla's current doldrums.

When the recovery comes we'll see who gets left behind.
Extraneous events in the financial world will always influence share prices for all publicly traded companies, but the point is to what extent do the actions of a flamboyant CEO enhance or harm a company's business?

In a bad economy a CEO can boost share prices and in a good economy a CEO can weaken share prices. In isolation from the overall economy have Musk's actions as CEO of Twitter these last few weeks done help or harm to TSLA shareholders? The very best case is that no one cares, neither the car buying public nor the investing public. I think that to believe that requires willful blindness.

Extraneous events in the financial world will always influence share prices for all publicly traded companies, but the point is to what extent do the actions of a flamboyant CEO enhance or harm a company's business?

In a bad economy a CEO can boost share prices and in a good economy a CEO can weaken share prices. In isolation from the overall economy have Musk's actions as CEO of Twitter these last few weeks done help or harm to TSLA shareholders? The very best case is that no one cares, neither the car buying public nor the investing public. I think that to believe that requires willful blindness.
"Love is blind. And deaf and dumb as well." --wise old man

Someone already had to eat crow due to their prediction of twitter collapse, I expect this will be an on-going occurrence in the next 12 months since different detractors predicted different collapse time. In the end this will be the largest crow eating exercise in human history so much so that we ought to declare crow an endangered species, and it will prove once and for all how stupid it is to bet against Elon Musk.
Keeping a website operational is a pretty low bar. Haha. If Elon is able to IPO it for more than he paid that will be a crow feast.

I think what Elon is doing is completely unprecedented. It does seem like the primary way it could hurt Tesla is he appears to be trying to build Twitter 2.0 from the ground up. Anyone tracking ElonJet to figure out what percentage of time he’s spending at Twitter?

Last edited:

Fixed it for you…

“Scott Galloway, Professor NYU, hopes the entire Twitter site will collapse within the next week.

I think the more likely risk (merely risk, not a prediction or expectation) is engagement attrition. Most of the reasonable stuff I’ve read kind of uses the “empty mall” analogy. Less viewing means less engagement means less viewing.. etc. I think that’s a higher risk (if quite low) than some site wide collapse.

I think the more likely risk (merely risk, not a prediction or expectation) is engagement attrition. Most of the reasonable stuff I’ve read kind of uses the “empty mall” analogy. Less viewing means less engagement means less viewing.. etc. I think that’s a higher risk (if quite low) than some site wide collapse.
Elon is an agent of chaos, and while it may not look totally sane he knows what he’s doing to eventually bring everyone around for punch and pie.

I think a much wider advertiser exodus is possible … these things can happen fast. Elon can be stubborn and he is now on a mission to make Twitter anti-woke. Nobody knows where this will end.

So, finally it all boils down to how much of TSLA is Elon willing to spend to support his new mission.

Single data point:

Just had Thanksgiving dinner, which is a big production for my wife's family (over 100 people). There were about a 8-9 Tesla's parked outside.

Lots of conversation about various subjects, but when Tesla came up, the ONLY thing anyone was taking about was:
1) How fast the cars are
2) The features not found in any other car
3) Autopilot and FSD beta

No one mentioned Elon or Twitter.

Tesla's going to be fine. Better than fine.
Wow, how do you even manage a dinner for over 100!!

Status
Not open for further replies.