Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he has a point, not every wrong needs to be righted all at once. Dude is stretched way too thin as it is.

Just clarifying that my like is only for this part.
I don’t think that he feels he can really trust anybody without double checking their work at this point.

Never. I love my iPhone. :p
Very upset they cancelled the mini though…

Mini!! I need more screen!

Reactions: DrGriz
WholeMars make a good point. This is Musk trying to prevent Apple from pulling Twitter by flipping the table on them first creating attention to the situation before they are pulled. Now if Apple pulls Twitter, it'll seems like they either hate free speech, hates Musk, being pity, and basically falling into everything they are accused of by Musk.

Apple absolutely don't want to be political, but now if they pull Twitter then they are being political which is the corner Musk is trying to paint.

Last edited:
Not sure if that articles proves anything. Yes, there are many factors, but good workers tend to have better outcomes than bad workers. And with good and bad I mean with how much value they create on the market. Then there is a question of how strong the correlation is. On some imaginary scale, I feel confident that r≥0 and would guesstimate r=0.6-0.8. Which is good enough for me to classify it as meritocratic.

Elon got rich not because of luck, but by being an extremely good worker for a long time, which did create chances for taking extreme risks with extreme rewards, that he later capitalized on. Exactly how much is luck and skill is unclear, but imo it seems pretty obvious to me that Elon and Bill both had skillz in abundance, their aptitudes were a few sigmas off the mean in their relevant domains and they worked long hours at a very high capacity. Then maybe they got lucky with being in the right place at the right time, but I think I couldn't have accomplished what they did if I had their luck with my worse skillz.

I know some people feel different, than me about this, but I feel that I live in a mostly meritocratic market. With governments, rulers etc I feel differently, but with the market I generally believe that if you perform well(according to the market) you will be rewarded. And Elon and Gates did this in abundance. They worked hard, were clever, managed to produce products that scaled to reach many people who found that they produced a large value to them. Thus they got rewarded big time. Seems pretty meritocratic to me.

Well with the 2008 market crash almost killing Tesla and SpaceX, I don’t know if we can say Elon Musk was at the right place at the right time. The guy almost lost his 2 companies. This guy worked very very very hard for his luck to happen.

Apple has 78% margins on the App Store. To me that is a sign of monopoly pricing power. I’m not familiar enough with antitrust law to say whether or not there is a legal case, I just think there should be some regulation to prevent the leverage that Apple has.
There are many app stores. Choose another. If you can choose another... they are not a monopoly. How can Apple be a monopoly while holding only 16% of the total smartphone market? Android has more by far.

WholeMars make a good point. This is Musk trying to prevent Apple from pulling Twitter by flipping the table on them first creating attention to the situation before they are pulled. Now if Apple pulls Twitter, it'll seems like they either hate free speech, hates Musk, being pity, and basically falling into everything they are accused of by Musk.

Apple absolutely don't want to be political, but now if they pull Twitter then they are being political which is the corner Musk is trying to paint.

Pulling Twitter but leaving up Truth Social would be beyond ridiculous. I doubt it happens.

If Apple can show legitimate TOS violation by Twitter there is no corner to be painted in.

If Apple can show legitimate TOS violation by Twitter there is no corner to be painted in.
Musk already said Apple won't disclose why they were threaten about being pulled. So if there's a TOS violation, Musk is claiming here that this violation cannot be fixed to comply with their TOS therefore it must be because of....everything I said above.

See Musk knows what he is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.