Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
twitter is free to direct folks in the app to their website and collect payment information there, process the payment and provide subscription management and the account bought on their website can then be used in the app... totally legal... but the conversation rate hit will be more than off-setting any 30% cut they have to pay apple for appstore payments with credit card on file and tied to an apple ID and Apple subscription management...

and talking about fat margins... what are the margins for software unlocked acceleration boost and FSD? gotta be close to 100% since the technology is already built in the vehicle...

Apple is pretty high up there as one of the most hated tech brand along with Tesla

I like Apple as much as their products are functional to me. All I can say is I’ve never had my phone app crash on me on an Apple phone.

That was the “no more” moment for me with an Android.

Reactions: 30seconds
what's the profit margin for FSD? 99% ?
Tesla build 100% of the FSD and should take 100% of the profit.

Apple didn't build a single line of Twitter code but gets 30% of their profit.

Maybe you can spot the difference.

Of course it shouldn't be free as there's high maintenance cost for apple to keep their servers online, but is 30% of the revenue the right number?

Tesla build 100% of the FSD and should take 100% of the profit.

Apple didn't build a single line of Twitter code but gets 30% of their profit.

Maybe you can spot the difference.

Of course it shouldn't be free as there's high maintenance cost for apple to keep their servers online, but is 30% of the revenue the right number?
Walmart and Best Buy don't write software or produce frozen lasagne either... welcome to the world of retail

I like Apple as much as their products are functional to me. All I can say is I’ve never had my phone app crash on me on an Apple phone.

That was the “no more” moment for me with an Android.
People generally likes the product but hates the control the company exerts on their buyers. This is what building an enclosed ecosystem will do. Not saying Tesla is any better in this aspect.

twitter is free to direct folks in the app to their website and collect payment information there, process the payment and provide subscription management and the account bought on their website can then be used in the app... totally legal... but the conversation rate hit will be more than off-setting any 30% cut they have to pay apple for appstore payments with credit card on file and tied to an apple ID and Apple subscription management...

and talking about fat margins... what are the margins for software unlocked acceleration boost and FSD? gotta be close to 100% since the technology is already built in the vehicle...

Actually although Twitter customers _can_ go to the web and pay there, if you tell them about doing that in the app, or give them a link to jump out of the app to pay on the web Apple will ban your app.

Yes, that's pretty evil of Apple, and even treads into free speech. That said, it's Apple's eco system, their private roads, their rules

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
This is a slippery slope. Tesla supporters should not be tainting other car companies like this on Twitter. They should just ignore Alyssa Milano. VW’s emission cheating scandal is fair game but bringing up things that happened almost a century ago that have been acknowledged and litigated is unnecessary. It’s in no one’s best interest
Agreed, Milano's post really is a fast head start down that slippery slope. The idiotic part is her trying to equate restoring accounts banned for political reasons with Nazis. Disgusting and uncalled for. But not surprising-its the first thing those that can't make a rational argument do-call names.

Twitter is now finally suspending the accounts of some domestic terrorists that used the platform to instigate and coordinate attacks on the American public. And those that are the first to claim "Antifa is just an idea" are now complaining that "Antifa accounts" are being suspended. Tying to understand how you can ban "just an idea".

Apple is pretty high up there as one of the most hated tech brand along with Tesla

That list is absurd. And I would not call being in position 14 a hated company.. Tesla is in number 10. And Verizon and Comcast ARE NOT ON IT. Uber is the most hated tech company?
Again. absurd. Totally worthless. Must be the most flawed research ever.

That list is absurd. And I would not call being in position 14 a hated company.. Tesla is in number 10. And Verizon and Comcast ARE NOT ON IT. Uber is the most hated tech company?
Again. absurd. Totally worthless. Must be the most flawed research ever.
Yes remember the entire debacle about Uber not paying their drivers as W2 employees and our political Karens made a huge deal about it? That's how they became hated...because they "don't pay their employees correctly".

Remember that "hated" doesn't mean the products suck, but who gets punched in the face for political points around the time of these surveys.

Whoo!

BDCAA3A1-AF99-4EE6-8750-58D01DD27345.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.