Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, it appears to me there is only one poster doing mass downvoting and people on the receiving end have not retaliated in kind. The most people have done is ask for an explanation for why, and have remained quite civil.
I just ignore that account's down votes. I kind of expect everything I post in this thread to be down voted by that account, which as far as I'm concerned, could have both a human and a bot behind it. The human writes the posts but the bot looks for anything it thinks is critical of Elon and auto down votes it.
It's unfair to everyone else to bring out this point about breaking records for downvoting, when a vast majority of participants in this thread have not engaged in it. I'm not sure if moderators have an ability to see a breakdown of downvotes by member, but it should be quite clear if there is such a function (even if not, scrolling a few pages should tell enough).
That would be amusing. What percentage of the down votes in this thread are from that one account?
My point is he won't, even if the "left" shut up. He got his feet wet already in Twitter. That's why the whole exchange with Apple.
The exchange with Apple has nothing to do with left/right. Elon's just bitter that Apple is exercising its own free speech and has pulled advertising from the platform because he's allowing it to turn into a toxic cesspool of hate speech and misinformation. So he's trying to come up with excuses for Twitter's poor financial performance that don't involve his own actions.

You misread. What’s done is done, what I’m saying is that if the “aggrieved” stop feeding into the Elon hysteria, he’ll move on to something else more engaging.

But if you want to keep Elon on his scorched earth path that’s fine too.

Cancel mobs (the modern Bolshevik) aren’t about free speech, they’re about suppression of free speech (coincidentally in alignment with establishment actors) and often delve into terrorism (Antifa “direct actions”)

Things that make you go hmmmm. 🧐
3 sentences. 4 accusations.
It’s not about free speech and left and right.
It’s about the acceptance of moderation and civilized communications.
Darwinism in communication leads to extinction. Twitter was a toxic place of mayhem pure egocentrism and anarchy in the Dorsey days. One way gush of catch phrases and clichee.
Then reasoning set in for the sake of society heck humanity, it even dawned Jack.

Then the loudest took over again while screaming free speech for all but with the weapon of subjective mass banning in hand but yet were also the mods.

It’s not working like that. It’s Stone Age.
We are better than that.

Elon's just bitter that Apple is exercising its own free speech and has pulled advertising from the platform because he's allowing it to turn into a toxic cesspool of hate speech and misinformation.
It already was a toxic cesspool of hate speech and misinformation, and Apple (Who, Ironically passed on acquiring Tesla years prior) didn’t seem to have a problem with it before Elon took the reins.

Taking on Apple may be more than just business for Elon.

It already was a toxic cesspool of hate speech and misinformation
Yes, it was. And now it is even worse.
, and Apple (Who, Ironically passed on acquiring Tesla years prior) didn’t seem to have a problem with it before Elon took the reins.
Perhaps Apple wasn't very happy with it before but at least it gave the impression that it was trying to stamp out misinformation. But now it's not even trying or even pretending to try.

Twitter talking about Twitter 2.0 on their blog...

Wow that “mission statement” sounds oldschool.
Straight from a talented ad agency- errr their junior intern dating 2007.
Hot air with no substance, a stale Red Bull in the morning after.
It reminds me to Kanye again. Another shoe, still thinking he’s relevant while my kids sell their trash Yeezys for a loss to real a-holes.
Three weeks ago this PR crap would’ve worked….now it’s an empty shell of a defunct era.
Duh

Last edited:
This is very nice article considering the source.
"Roth said he decided to quit two weeks into Musk's time at Twitter because it felt like the company had started to be ruled by "dictatorial edict."

"I don't know that he has a lot of people around him who push back on him," Roth added."

So not a villain just a dictator. Seems very nice.

Part of me thinks that Tim Apple knows it's bad bad to engage in a war on two fronts, Epic and Twiiter/Tesla.

Tesla has no reason to be in any war with Apple - they do not sell subscriptions nor perform in-app purchases thru the app store (since the product in question is not app functionality Apple doesn't care how Tesla bills you for your acceleration-boost feature)

Tesla has no reason to be in any war with Apple - they do not sell subscriptions nor perform in-app purchases thru the app store (since the product in question is not app functionality Apple doesn't care how Tesla bills you for your acceleration-boost feature)

No, but the soon-to-be-released version of the Tesla software (V11) has shown leaked screenshots of it now including Apple Music. Probably something Apple wants to keep pushing forward on, since Tesla has been a closed ecosystem to Apple previously.

Yeah, on the topic of demand destruction, I agree. For now, there's enough demand that the damage doesn't matter even though it's there. And the damage will be mostly in the US market which is only 1/3rd of Teslas footprint. Folks in China likely don't give a darn what Elon does with Twitter and Alyssa Milano
It’s not so much short-term demand damage, it’s long term damage to the brand, which in turn results in long term demand loss. And you will never know how much demand is lost, and when, over this, as can’t prove a negative. But there is no rational scenario in which it doesn’t hurt sales.

This quote is something that many of us have said is a problem:
I don’t think anybody wants to get fired in this current economy, that being said there’s ways to push back on someone like Elon and calling them stupid doody head, or fascist or early 1940’s German soldier isn’t the ice breaker some think it is.

• Funny
Reactions: loquitur and DrGriz
Status
Not open for further replies.