Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if COVID is fake, than Fauci (assuming he knew the "truth") would be guilty of lying and pushing a fake narrative on the American people causing millions of $$$ of economic damage and lives (missing cancer screenings, etc.. etc..). Also, if COVID was "Fake News", then Musk was right, it was over by April 2020 because COVID never existed in the first place. I don't think COVID was fake.. I don't know for sure because too many people are lying/were caught lying/etc.. etc... It could have just been another variant of the flu... who knows w/ 100% certainty.. I once though COVID was spread naturally at a wet market. The general consensus NOW, is that it was not.
Hey, if science if fake then....

What you think about the origins of COVID is irrelevant. What's true is what matters. And no, the general consensus among scientists is that it was likely of natural origin, but they can't be absolutely sure (science is like that). That a bunch of Republicans publish a report claiming otherwise doesn't make it so. In fact the report itself really doesn't say anything, similar to Elon's "Twitter Files" lame nonsense.

Looks like twitter is not going bankrupt after all

His tweets are not significantly different to anything he has previously posted (see previous covid related tweets circa 2020). You're all just getting swayed by recent negativity in modern media.

Telsa hasnt had any major mis steps so far and by all objective metrics has exceeded or acomplished all expectations. There really isnt an objective reason to remove elon on the basis of the companies performance. That may change in the coming months to years. But right now you're participating in cancel culture.

For who?
That’s the real question.
Again, for Elon and for any MAGA types that will take dumb actions based on the “big breakthrough Twitter files”. PizzaGate 2.0…[467.0?] in the making. As a slight aside I do genuinely feel badly for most of the lied to and left behind MAGA folk.

Also I wonder if it’s sunk into Elon’s big beautiful mind that he just accused China of causing this pandemic. More mistakes like this and it will end poorly for leveraged Tesla investors. We all know that, for the time being, China has all our balls in a vice with Giga Shanghai. Elon knows that and up until now has been very cautious with his words concerning China.

So states can just ignore the CDC without repercussions? I didn't know that. So I guess Fauci's only flaw was giving out bad information that according to a lot of people caused a lot of economic damage and death... but since he only gave out information, he is not responsible. The political leaders who followed his advice is responsible even though I'm assuming most of these leaders expected accurate and unbiased information. Oh ok... I'm not sure if I agree with this, but whatever...

If a doctor says I should take aspirin and I do, but later I found out I'm actually allergic to it and he should have known; I will blame the doctor and not myself. But that's just me.
Lots of information was bad. The job of Public Health is to try to figure out what's best amongst a number of lousy choices and set policy. It's the public's job in an emergency that they don't understand to basically STFU and follow policy as best they can. We've had pandemics before. What was true then has proven to be true now: when people listen to demagogues rather than follow public policy then far more chaos and death ensues.

Lots of information was bad. The job of Public Health is to try to figure out what's best amongst a number of lousy choices and set policy. It's the public's job in an emergency that they don't understand to basically STFU and follow policy as best they can. We've had pandemics before. What was true then has proven to be true now: when people listen to demagogues rather than follow public policy then far more chaos and death ensues.

7 words throw that out the window along with making everything an “emergency”.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Again, for Elon and for any MAGA types that will take dumb actions based on the “big breakthrough Twitter files”. PizzaGate 2.0…[467.0?] in the making. As a slight aside I do genuinely feel badly for most of the lied to and left behind MAGA folk.

Also I wonder if it’s sunk into Elon’s big beautiful mind that he just accused China of causing this pandemic. More mistakes like this and it will end poorly for leveraged Tesla investors. We all know that, for the time being, China has all our balls in a vice with Giga Shanghai. Elon knows that and up until now has been very cautious with his words concerning China.
That's an interesting point I did not consider. The implicit accusation is something I wonder if its something he considered; in a rush to "own" certain people he did not consider the repercussions of what he has said (I'm reminded of how some people feel about Brexit). Seems to happen quite often when people are blinded with rage and rush to checkmate people.

Like it or not, Elon & Twitter has some linkages to Elon & Tesla by way of things like this.

His tweets are not significantly different to anything he has previously posted (see previous covid related tweets circa 2020). You're all just getting swayed by recent negativity in modern media.

Telsa hasnt had any major mis steps so far and by all objective metrics has exceeded or acomplished all expectations. There really isnt an objective reason to remove elon on the basis of the companies performance. That may change in the coming months to years. But right now you're participating in cancel culture.
Nope. It's different this time. He was just a 💩 poster before. Now he owns the joint.

Jesus. Elon is off the rails.
Putting it mildly. He's gone off the deep end.

That's an interesting point I did not consider. The implicit accusation is something I wonder if its something he considered; in a rush to "own" certain people he did not consider the repercussions of what he has said (I'm reminded of how some people feel about Brexit). Seems to happen quite often when people are blinded with rage and rush to checkmate people.

Like it or not, Elon & Twitter has some linkages to Elon & Tesla by way of things like this.
If that’s where the trail of crumbs leads then so be it. We can’t pick and choose what’s convenient to us as shareholder and customer and discard what makes us uncomfortable.

Absolutely Not!

Deceit by omission and suppression is still deceit. Worse, even!

Reactions: UkNorthampton

phantasms said:

He is so caught up in his right wing fever dream that he believes in the supreme righteousness of his cause. Tesla and TSLA investors be damned in service of his mission to preserve humanity and universe (as he sees it). This seems to be a deep held conviction and further mistakes will happen that put Tesla in peril. It won't stop until the board/shareholders intervene. Will they before it's too late?

Last edited:
Extended threads on Twitter with folks saying driving a Tesla is like wearing a MAGA hat now, with many saying they were considering buying a Tesla but would no longer do so. Others saying they walked the walk and bought another brand of EV based on Elon’s shenanigans. Maybe just talk, but worrisome nonetheless.

Reactions: cdub
No way. Anyone paying attention knew this was a respiratory disease transferred in the air. They certainly did. These nonsense studies they produced showing that the COVID 19 virus was immortal on cardboard and bannisters was ridiculous.

They even admitted they lied afterwards to secure mask supplies from the unwashed masses, so I don’t have a clue why anyone would disagree with my first post which was a statement of fact. Flat out lies are flat out lies, and everything that follows afterwards must be colored by their admitted position that they would tell us what they needed to for the ‘collective good’, regardless of the truth.

Unfortunately.
Not sure what you imagine public health is about, but doing their best to ensure the collective good is pretty much their job description. And while I didn't hear any lies, I know that I decided at the time that masking properly was obviously the safest thing to do, it was also obvious that we didn't have enough good masks for everybody, so they should go first to those on the front lines.

This was actually one of the most correct bits of guidance from the CDC.

You seem to be confused, thinking that they've supposed to tell us what's best for us individually. That's simply not true. Public Health is about what's safest for us overall.

Fauci did a fine job (although far from a perfect one). Musk is making an ass of himself, and cozying up to crazy people and criminals. Very sad to watch. I wonder what is wrong with him, and whether it will mean he becomes non-functional for Tesla and SpaceX.

Status
Not open for further replies.