Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cheers far outweighed the boos...but you have to think that the boos that were Twitter lay offs are just tasting the reality of their world collapsing along with hiring at other big techs...my guess is lots of deep bitterness that will last in that crowd.

Are you saying that once Elon broke the Woke they felt it was no joke? 😁

It’s not a binary thing. The problem is much much more complicated.
The rise of social media has far outpaced human understanding of how badly information can come off the rails when can be spread so widely, so easily.
That substantial numbers of people now believe vaccinations are more dangerous than disease is one of an endless number of proofs.

Twitter’s only real product is moderation and it isn’t doing a good job.
Web/Internet = Pandora's Box

FORGET about Global Warming, etc. It's man's inability to "get along" -- arguments, fights, wars

earthsaving.jpeg

"Gilligan hoped they would get along better if they could read each other's minds The Professor agreed, said he had hoped the seeds might have benefited the cause of world peace after they were rescued"

Reality imitating Art, dystopian world (social media run amok) = Gilligan's Island??

Did the tv show Gilligan's Island predict social media’s unraveling of society back in 1964?
In season 2, episode 19 of Gilligan's Island "Seer Gilligan", Gilligan finds magic seeds that when consumed, allows him to read the Skippers mind. Gilligan, totally aware he’s doing it shocks the Skipper who then presents Gilligan’s abilities to the rest of the castaways. The professor first states that it’s scientifically impossible, but Gilligan proves it by reading his mind. It takes a bit of time before they discover it’s seeds from a bush Gilligan is eating that allows him to read the others minds and once they do, they pester Gilligan share the seeds with them and once he does, all hell breaks loose. With the ability for everyone to read each other’s minds and no one’s opinions of each other private, the castaways quickly become offended when they each find out what is being thought about them. Which brings us to the modern age and social media. Without a filter and with everyone posting their unwanted opinions on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others, the very fabric of society is breaking down. Just like on Gilligan’s little deserted island, having the freedom to read everyone’s thoughts, ideas and opinions leads to the unraveling of harmony on the island and in our greater world. If anything, its an example of the power of words and the creation of social media. It’s one of those things, that just because we can, doesn’t mean we should. In the end, Gilligan burns the bush in order to preserve and return the harmony of the island. How will the human race move forward? Will it burn the social media bush? It seems very unlikely. But individuals can plot their own course by simply not eating the seeds or falling into the social media trap.

Reactions: ElectricIAC

I'm super concerned for Elon's information diet so to speak. In the US you have a REALLY big problem with disinformation (duh) if even someone historically as level headed, rational and first-principles oriented can be dragged down in to this morass of lies and display his ignorance to the world so effortlessly. A shame and I've lost so much respect for him in the last year. But I guess it true what has been said about echo chambers and bubbles, and being intelligent is no antidote apparently.

The cheers far outweighed the boos...but you have to think that the boos that were Twitter lay offs are just tasting the reality of their world collapsing along with hiring at other big techs...my guess is lots of deep bitterness that will last in that crowd.

Are you saying that once Elon broke the Woke they felt it was no joke? 😁
You haven't been paying attention if you think Dave is big with the "woke" crowd.

Sadly, it's time for a change of the guards.

Tesla deserves a full time CEO. Elon's no longer the right person for the job.
Sure./s
Elon Musk has never been a conventional CEO
SpaceX preceded Tesla by more than five years.
He's been unusual since birth, if you believe his mother.
Somehow this Twitter thing and the exit from California as headquarters has made many of us suddenly intolerant and incoherent.
Elon is quite obviously the same person he was when i first knew of him in the late 1990's.
from Zip2 to Twitter he's he same person, just older and under total surveillance.
I have confidence that this thread is driven more by irritation from people who engaged in unsuccessful speculations than it is about anything Elon Musk has done.
All this smells just like it actually is; a systematic effort to demonize and expel the best mind imaginable to help Tesla to continue to disrupt.
This very question, raised here as though it were serious, harms TSLA and shareholder interests.
What a travesty is this thread !

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he's still the best choice to lead and create the best technology which is why I fell in love with the company in the first place.

I love the things Tesla is doing! They're amazing.

But this is sad. This is not good for the brand or the mission.

It at least should come to a vote.

He did say at AI day 2 that it's good that Tesla is a public company because he can be voted out as CEO if he goes crazy. 🤔
Shareholder from 2013 , value should be up ~1000% - still driving a leaf in CA - come on … ;) … I think like < 100 2013 shares would have got you a Tesla
Cheers!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC
…the new, “OMG demand is falling” claim.

Will be interesting to see where things are in a year.

My bet is that sales will be at all time highs.

People are quick to react and quick to forget.

Remember when EVERYBODY KNEW twitter was going to crash any day after letting go of staff?

Remember when EVERYBODY KNEW all advertisers were going to leave Twitter?
Yeah…neither ultimately happened.

Long term this is nothing. Same with every other controversial tweet Elon has made over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.