Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Elon's proposal to have Ukraine capitulate to Russia and give them Crimea, was that a troll or for real?

That's Elon's problem. It's a joke or tongue in cheek until it's not or never was really actually. I relate it to people who throw off racist comments, bullies doing minor stuff, sexual harassment, etc and it's all a joke until they get caught and have to backtrack after they crossed the line.

Someone with a 100+ million followers, CEO at multiple firms which holds a lot of people's jobs/lives on the line need to take a bit more care.

Similar to a lot people in general, I think his recent massive wealth/power corrupted him to believe they are simply smarter than anyone else and simply knows more of what's right no matter the topic.

@SouthFLGuy

please stop distributing filtered content, aka fake news.

I will report this, since You left out what Musk really was about-
he countered SHARPLY Medvedev, showing the opposite behaviour what You want to imply, basically telling the Russian to f***off

View attachment 889187
First of all I don’t distribute fake news. Second of all the time between when I posted it and he replied again to that thread was HOURS. All he wrote when I posted it was Epic Thread. Then he must have realized what he posted was confusing at best and replied hours later. And maybe you think it’s ok for someone with such a huge following to just put stuff out there with no context. Because he thinks it’s funny or whatever? Apologists for Elon sound the same as Trump apologists “oh that’s just Elon…haha”. Grow up.

Last edited:
First of all I don’t distribute fake news. Second of all the time between when I posted it and he replied again to that thread was HOURS. All he wrote when I posted it was Epic Thread. Then he must have realized what he posted was confusing at best and replied hours later. And maybe you think it’s ok for someone with such a huge following to just put stuff out there with no context. Because he thinks it’s funny or whatever? Apologists for Elon sound the same as Trump apologists “oh that’s just Elon…haha”. Grow up.
Fair enuff.
I´m no worshipper, yet no TSLAQ, so I try to be balanced, which is not easy here ;)

I have a former coworker who now is at Tesla. He very sincerely framed his perspective: "I really wish the world could separate Tesla the company - full of heartfelt sincere workers from the CEO of Tesla".

Among all this chaos, and (honestly) stupidity, Telsa is doing great work and will deliver year-on-year growth that any other company at their scale would BEG to have.
the employees at tesla that i have dealth with have been fantastic people. the guy who helped me buy my first ever Tesla was a young guy (early 20s) and he really believed in what he was doing and had a very bright future in this world. I am aware that 99% of tesla employees are good people with 1 bad apple, but most people do not grasp or understand that. this is why Elon needs to step down. however i do not think the stench is that easy to get rid of. bill gates stepped down many years ago and isn't even listed as one of the officers anymore, yet people still associate him with microsoft to this day

the employees at tesla that i have dealth with have been fantastic people. the guy who helped me buy my first ever Tesla was a young guy (early 20s) and he really believed in what he was doing and had a very bright future in this world. I am aware that 99% of tesla employees are good people with 1 bad apple, but most people do not grasp or understand that. this is why Elon needs to step down. however i do not think the stench is that easy to get rid of. bill gates stepped down many years ago and isn't even listed as one of the officers anymore, yet people still associate him with microsoft to this day
The employees may be fantastic but they are being fantastically mismanaged. How many people do you deal with between ordering and delivery? What about service? How's that process and experience? Where is the customer service? Everything at Tesla is designed to limit human interaction and to turn everything into a binary decision. The dysfunctional, singular focus on FSD—adopted by fewer than 15% of customers—is 100% Musk. FSD will be the downfall of the company because the tech will never work in a manner that will be anything other than a permanent beta product. It is simply a matter of a few months before regulators in the US and EU come down hard on the fraud that is FSD. The State of California already is requiring the product to be renamed because it is misleading. Guess whose fault that is?

Tesla needs a CEO with an excellent track record for execution. Tesla also needs a good COO to overhaul Tesla's terrible, awful, poorly thought-out supply chain. And Tesla needs to distance itself as far as possible from this train wreck disaster called Elon Musk.

Last edited:
The employees may be fantastic but they are being fantastically mismanaged. How many people do you deal with between ordering and delivery? What about service? How's that process and experience? Where is the customer service? Everything at Tesla is designed to limit human interaction and to turn everything into a binary decision. The overwhelming focus on FSD, which fewer than 15% of customers actually care about, is 100% due to Musk and it will be the downfall of the company because the tech will never work in a fashion that will be releasable as anything other than a permanent beta product riddled with disclaimers to protect Tesla from lawsuits.

Tesla needs an excellent CEO who can execute and one who is not picked by Musk.
agree across the board

My POINT was some here are willing to burn him in effigy because they feel he betrayed and left the left.
He left rational neutrality and responsible silence on politics and took on an irrational pointless war on the left and "wokeness".
Doesn't sound like a crazy man to me. Continue to reserve judgement.
Sounds like a crazy man on Twitter. Multiple personalities?

A company’s motivation is to make profits. Anything else is a violation of their fiduciary responsibility. That is the harsh and unfortunate truth.

It’s like when Tesla releases poor build-quality vehicles to their customers. It’s more profitable for them to let the customer discover the faults (and perhaps accept the faults as-is without going through the trouble of getting them repaired) than to hire inspectors and more mechanics, or even to improve the
Oh my goodness! Not a good look. It doesn't matter how good the tech is if the platform is being used to legitimize this kind of pro-Putin propaganda. The response from Fiona Hill after Musk's first round of pro-Putin comments is priceless.

Putin plays the egos of big men, gives them a sense that they can play a role. But in reality, they’re just direct transmitters of messages from Vladimir Putin.
I highly recommend the interview she did recently with Lex Fridman.
She knows Putin’s MO and thinking and anyone who ignores her on those topics does so at the peril of ignorance.

As the stock crashes, my humor is lacking when it comes out CEO interacting (and thereby boosting) this:

1672163358564.jpeg

What do you make of this?

To me it just looks like he’s responding to a shocking statement.
He's boosting views is what he is doing. A post that is obviously Russian propaganda. Pretty simple to understand - you don't engage with the Russian government on Twitter (with unclear intentions) particularly when you have millions of followers.... unless that's exactly what you want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.