Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really trust this type of clickbait headline, especially when the article don't provide any real numbers to prove it's truthfulness?

Note: The website name 'Motor Biscuit' which I never heard before​
and could not find any previous reference in TMC, made me think about 'Air Biscuit' !!!! LoL​

The reality is that all the legacy car manufacturers are panicking with the current car sale situation.

So it is not difficult to find who is behind this type of negatives news against Elon Musk, and try destroying him and Tesla,​
especially since Tesla don't advertise in any medias (and spend money building a reliable network of Superchargers instead,​
which is certainly the best advertisement for Tesla).​

View attachment 894446

Oh man.., conspiracy theories.. Or pure horse *sugar* you could also call it.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I think more people will be doing just that. TMC has gotten way too moderated in favor of Twitter's CEO.
There are zero rules against calling Elon Musk out on pretty much anything. You just can't get overtly political or engage in personal attacks against other members. Easy enough - these have been published for years, no reason to change them for a single thread:

Reactions: ElectricIAC
There are zero rules against calling Elon Musk out on pretty much anything. Easy enough - these have been published for years, no reason to change them for a single thread:

That's not true in my experience. This thread appears to have very special and very unwritten rules. Pro-Elon trolling is welcome, no matter how flagrantly it violates the actual written rules (see the downvote this post has already received for example), yet discussion of Elon's actions is largely forbidden.

I posted a link to a mainstream news article stating that Elon had unbanned Kanye - it got deleted.

There was some recent discussion comparing the poor behavior of various car CEOs that led to someone bringing up Volkswagen's Nazi history. I wrote that VW's current CEO does not currently promote antisemites, while Tesla's CEO does. This too got deleted, despite the fact that Elon has very clearly stated in words and actions that unless people are directly inciting violence, everyone should have unfettered "freedom of speech" on Twitter, no matter how controversial their views might be. And while Elon did eventually reverse course and re-ban Kanye, he nonetheless made very deliberate and calculated efforts to unban countless other high-profile antisemites, thus promoting their voices in the process.

I know there's a rule forbidding any discussion about moderation, but your statement about the policy is so far from the truth that I feel it deserves some attention. Please feel free to delete this post as it mentions the forbidden topic of "moderation", but please also correct your post claiming that honest discussion of Elon's actions is tolerated here - it most certainly is not. And please don't ban me again for citing logic and facts that are precisely on-topic.

And please don't ban me again for citing logic and facts that are precisely on-topic.
I have not banned one user for their actions in this thread. And if you read my non-moderation posts, they are highly critical of Elon and his actions with Twitter.

We are working on the best way to moderate this thread. I understand some actions may not have been consistent or fair to date, which is partially due to the sheer volume of posts and activity here. I apologize for any actions that were taken and weren't explained to you, but prefer not to be accused of banning you, when I did no such thing.

I have not banned one user for their actions in this thread. And if you read my non-moderation posts, they are highly critical of Elon and his actions with Twitter.

We are working on the best way to moderate this thread. I understand some actions may not have been consistent or fair to date, which is partially due to the sheer volume of posts and activity here. I apologize for any actions that were taken and weren't explained to you, but prefer not to be accused of banning you, when I did no such thing.
Well, there is significant variability in the quality of mods. Thank you for being one of the good ones. Apologizing sincerely for things you had no part of is a real grace note.

The more moderated Elon behaves, the better the stock performs. Correlation?
I even see a PR emphasis on Tesla now. Franz talking Design tonight on DMC Ryan, more Elon interviews coming by the leading Tesla YT/Twitter guys etc.
Let us hope he finds Tesla interesting again.
Maybe the armwrestling with BYD re-sparks his interest. Hopefully the roadster!

--

Mod: removed the comments about moderating. Let's stay on topic from now on, as instructed before.

Last edited by a moderator:
2621C443-ACA9-48F2-9765-835021E5CCDA.gif

• Disagree
Reactions: brkaus
Anybody know if Musk has sued the old management at Twitter yet?

If I remember correctly, it was some of those in here that was so sure it was because of the number of bots that Elon wanted to cancel the purchase, that said he would sue them.
Yeah, that was obviously fake to try to get out of the deal.
Note how he's using the same metric he claimed was fraudulent here:

Status
Not open for further replies.