Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tools at a moderator’s disposal unfortunately have limitations:

- In case of a warning, probation or temp ban it’s not easy to state the reason (only possible by starting a conversation, which is not a popular option as it can start a time consuming and never ending back and forth - remember, we’re volunteers and often have jobs/businesses).
- In case of a post being moved or deleted it is possible to state the reason, but for the member it’s not clear which post is involved.
- The moderators cannot make any changes to the site software. They can relay requests to the admins of the site, but those also have way too much on their hands (and jobs/businesses too).

There are ofcourse also personal differences in the approach to moderation and even differences between sections of this forum. In the Investor Thread where I’m a moderator there are big financial stakes involved for many members, so that thread is a popular target for shortsellers and haters trying to sow doubt or just cause havoc. For the three moderators in that section it’s an almost daily ‘battle’ to keep such trolls out, which means the hammer falls down on posts quicker than in other threads.

I have not banned one user for their actions in this thread. And if you read my non-moderation posts, they are highly critical of Elon and his actions with Twitter.

We are working on the best way to moderate this thread. I understand some actions may not have been consistent or fair to date, which is partially due to the sheer volume of posts and activity here. I apologize for any actions that were taken and weren't explained to you, but prefer not to be accused of banning you, when I did no such thing.
I was banned by someone (not you) for "attacking" another member? Really? That never happened. What has happened is that I've been vocal with my discontent with Elon.

Reactions: Nolakai
He’s right to be skeptical of getting a fair trial in CA, there’s nothing funny about that.
You know that potential jurors are always screened right? Out of a population of millions, you'll always be able to find extremists who wouldn't be allowed to sit on any jury as well as people who are truly apathetic about issues and haven't even read up on them. It's the latter type that they'd be searching for.

Edward Chen- wait wasn’t that the judge that sued Tesla for the 85Kw Battery nerving?
🤔🤔

EDIT yes he was : UPDATE: Class Action Suit Cites 19 Issues With Tesla Software Update

Seems to be specialized in Tesla cases. Also was involved in the rejection of opening a trial for the battery fires in 2016/17

EDIT 2: consequently Musk is afraid of Edward Chen.

Yeah, that was obviously fake to try to get out of the deal.
Note how he's using the same metric he claimed was fraudulent here:

After screaming about fake-user-counts, free-speech, and bias, the crushing pressure of reality seems to have arrived and it turns out that user counts are... user counts. Moderation has to happen and involves a lot of compromises with free speech even when done carefully, and bias is in the eye of the CEO (but doesn't go away despite a certain CEO claiming it was the problem).

Twitter is the same as it was, with similar user counts, measured the same exact way. It still limits free speech via moderation - perhaps with a slightly different but pretty ugly bias to some of the judgement calls. And it's still not profitable.

I don't see a revolution there. More like a $40B learning experience for a certain someone on the reality of running a social media platform.

You know that potential jurors are always screened right? Out of a population of millions, you'll always be able to find extremists who wouldn't be allowed to sit on any jury as well as people who are truly apathetic about issues and haven't even read up on them. It's the latter type that they'd be searching for.
Exactly. Elon’s lawyer doesn’t even believe the jury would be tainted. But what he wants is apathetic Texans as opposed to apathetic Norcal folks.

Whatever happened to the alleged Fauci information that Elon promised to provide via Twitter that showed that Fauci was an alleged criminal?

Same thing that happened to the special submarine he was going to create for the thai divers? Same thing that happened to the very specific Covid ventilators he was going to build out of Tesla parts?

Same thing that happened to the special submarine he was going to create for the thai divers? Same thing that happened to the very specific Covid ventilators he was going to build out of Tesla parts?
He did have SpaceX build the submarine and brought it to Thailand, SpaceX helped Medtronic build ventilators, and Tesla also worked on building ventilators.

He did have SpaceX build the submarine and brought it to Thailand, SpaceX helped Medtronic build ventilators, and Tesla also worked on building ventilators.

So the sun was never actually used to rescue..anyone?

And what about the Fauci files he promised? Will those drop when 1 million robotaxis are in service?

Just asking questions is all

Reactions: Brn2Run
😂
Does he have to have jury trial?
1673568587833.png

Incorrect. A lot further from profitability now because they had to pay me a bunch of money (and some other people).

This was an odd decision. Also they were sometimes profitable in the past. No fear of that now.
Yep, people keep claiming Twitter was not profitable, but actually they recently were except for the quarter leading up to the sale (which easily could be chalked up to advertiser uncertainty about the sale). Now the road to profitability is a lot harder with Twitter having loads more debt than before the sale.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.