Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox News without Tucker - another opportunity to sweep up more eyeballs and turn them to centreville.
Fox has a long history of turning on crazies, getting rid of them when they can no longer control them / become a liability and finding new crazies to take their place - Glenn Beck, Bill O'Riley to name a couple.

ps :

Any rising conservative TV star would love to grab for the crown Carlson has doffed, or that’s been taken from him. The audience, influence, and money involved make it irresistible, but his career arc illustrates the hazards. To remain on top at Fox, hosts have to be ready to continually ratchet up their rhetoric, because the network’s business model depends on continual audience outrage. But audiences eventually become inured and require new and more extreme input. Providing that is a challenging and soul-leaching job—and someone will be delighted to have it.​
I stopped using Twitter when I figured out - basically Twitter works the same way - dishing out sensational stuff to cause outrage. No not Twitter per se - but most of the top posters there.

Fox News without Tucker - another opportunity to sweep up more eyeballs and turn them to centreville.

I think it is more likely this happens because the audience moved towards Trump, and not away from him (or started to "hate" Trump like Tucker said he does).

And that Elon's amplification of right wing activism will effectively work more in favor of Trump than DeSantis. It's a mentality thing, better represented (or impersonated) by Trump than anyone else.

Reactions: GreenDriver
Elon really needs to fight the woke mind virus, look at the stuff this company does:

1682376980394.png

1682377019992.png

1682377066659.png

1682377154113.png

Your standards seem a bit unrealistic, if I may say so.
Unrealistic? What we all see in that report is what 100% off the countries agreed to let us see. Its political, but not surprising. They must have really bit their tongs on stating there’s a way out of this mess “if we act now” and yet they've said that the past 5 times.

But then again, I also don't agree with most Doctors. I decided to follow the money is all. Explains everything, including Tesla FUD, guns, religion, medicine… everything. We can all count on greed, it’s human nature, some are more covert than others. Assume this first, then be amazed at how much money is sloshing around non-profits for example.

But I have met some on this forum that have moved past this. Rare, but it does happen. As for myself, I don't claim to be an angel, I just try to keep it 100 is all.

We do have a heatwave about to hit the southwest. Get ready is all I can say. Starts down in Central America.

Thought I'd stop in and dunk on Elon again after perusing hardware news and encountering this article: Elon Musk Confirms 'TruthGPT' AI Project, Will Use Lots of GPUs

While I was long a fan of Elon in times past, I see he is continuing to ride the deviant train popularized by Trump and associates whose appeal is not based on conservative policy, but rather on fraud, rejection of ethics, and a generally hateful attitude towards others. The very act of naming his project "TruthGPT" aligns it with the likes of TruthSocial and immediately brings any credibility or honest intent into question. From the article, it said "Elon Musk shared his apprehension regarding the level of authority that Microsoft has over OpenAI", as if he doesn't realize the apprehension people will have regarding the level of authority that he will have over TruthGPT. It goes on to say "Musk also expressed concerns about chatbots being excessively politically correct" which gets to what I assume is it's real purpose, which is just for wanting to normalize hateful behavior and be able to attack marginalized members of society without consequence. There is nothing wrong with a chat bot trying to be polite and respectful towards others, nor is there any evidence of dishonesty in doing so that would warrant a "Truth" GPT.

The biggest problem with all of this is that his revenge tour against those who have opposed him or been overly politically correct in attacking him, which granted is a thing, has driven him into choosing to join a realm of opposition plagued by dishonestly, fraud, and ethically compromised behavior, and this continues to risk and damage the reputations of Tesla, SpaceX, and any other endeavor he now associates himself with. All because some overly vocal social justice warrior people hurt his feelings once, I presume. Simply put, he cannot be trusted anymore, as his focus has shifted away from helping humanity and towards openly attacking those who speak out against him, regardless of the consequences. He now lashes out pointlessly and recklessly instead of ignoring the noise and focusing on the missions of his companies.

I'm not forever against Elon now. I believe he can mend his ways and return to the real man he used to be. I'm still waiting to see that happen, and I hope the damage he does to his companies in the meantime can be mitigated and eventually reversed.

I am curious what a GPT-4 based chat bot would be like if it is trained only on Twitter "truth", and without any alignment (the raw monster).

And/or with an alignment that would filter out politically correct-ness as a "lie".

EDIT: Or an alignment trained by all the tweets that Elon has ever replied to with "exactly", "true", "!!", "concerning" and so on.

Last edited:
"I'm making Twitter equal by giving free checkmarks to the famous and/or wealthy & powerful, but everyone else needs to pay me $8 every month." says self-described egalitarian Elon Musk.

"I don't want it and never asked for it!"
"Tough luck!" replies self-described libertarian Elon Musk.
References for those quotes required please.

• Disagree
Reactions: Evee and Ramphex
Not confirmed but with strong evidence.

Is This Elon Musk’s Burner Twitter Account?

Elon Musk appears to have accidentally revealed his burner Twitter account in a screenshot the billionaire shared on Monday night.

The Twitter account, which Motherboard has not confirmed is Musk’s but several points of evidence strongly suggest it is, is full of bizarre tweets like, “Do you like Japanese girls?” in response to a tweet from a Bitcoin influencer, praise for Tesla, and replies to Elon Musk tweets.

Using that profile photo, people quickly found what appears to be the respective account, one with the username “Elon Test” and @ErmnMusk.

The profile picture matches that of the one in Musk’s original screenshot. Motherboard searched for the image using the TinEye service and it returned no results, meaning that the image may not have been used elsewhere on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.